Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:20 PM

Alternative Methods To TTC - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alternative Methods To TTC (105297 Views)

TTC -you Have Tried All Options And Nothing Worked!!! / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Goke7: 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2013
Coco diva: Hello all,
@Goke7, I agree with you that azoospermia is a condition that's on the increase these days. There are several causes of this condition .such as
* genetic factors
* testicular failure
* Obstructive azoospermia
*weight issues
*infections / STDs
Its important that any man having this condition works with his doctor for proper treatment due to the sensitive nature of it.
Depending on the causal factor, natural methods can assist the body to return to a good place in order to reverse the situation or respond better to treatment.
Those with genetic factors are the most difficult to deal with. Cause genetics is what you've been born with,but nothing is impossible,it may be challenging but not impossible.
For those men that are overweight and obese,they need to lose the excess weight so that the normal functioning of their system resumes. Tests for infections should be carried out and appropriate treatments observe completely.Men having infections can have no symptoms or signs,so its important that treatment cycle is completed.This category and others will benefit from some herbs like maca,ginseng root,saw palmetto. The dosage is usually on the bottle. Acupuncture is another thing that benefits this condition,because it helps the body go back to a state of equlibrium. For those that have obstructive azoospermia, a surgery would be needed to allow free flow. This category will benefit from the use of enzyme therapy,there are products such as rejuvenzyme,wobenzym,serrapeptase which are very helpful to prevent blockage due to scar tissues .
Lifestyle changes and diet changes are also relevant.habits such as smoking,alcohol intake are to be discarded.exercise should be adopted to help blood flow around the body.loose ,cotton boxers should be worn,no tight fitting jeans or trousers,avoid placing laptops on the legs.ensure the temperature of down below is reduced. Above all, work along with your doctor and do your part keeping your body in good shape.all the best

Thank you very much for your comprehensive response, this will surely help many out there. Please can you also help with the use of acv [apple cider] for urinary tract infections, am sorry for asking too many questions. Thanks
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
Coco diva: @Venuss, I checked pregnitude up online and it looks promising.especially for women with PCOS. But it seems they only sell around US alone.I saw that on their website.
If that's the case,you can order it online using a 3rd party who will ship to you here in Nigeria.

@honiepie,where are thou? Hope you're good

@venus, I checked for pregnitude too but like cocodiva said, it seems one can only get it from the US. While checking online I came across ovaboost by fairhaven. It seems it may serve the same purpose. You can visit fairhaven website or click on this link for more info http://ttctwins.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=59&func=view&catid=36&id=46438

I am yet to read any success story.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
gudevening everyone,@ diva sowie 4 d break,am bk nw,@hopeful3 hw is d detox n trevo goin?pls feed us bk.hope everyone is doin great?g'nite
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 12:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
@honiepie24,glad to have you back. Kindly respond to @Goke7's question on ACV and urinary infections.thanks
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pls what do I need to detoxify my system & I do I go abt it.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by VENUSS(f): 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hopeful3:

@venus, I checked for pregnitude too but like cocodiva said, it seems one can only get it from the US. While checking online I came across ovaboost by fairhaven. It seems it may serve the same purpose. You can visit fairhaven website or click on this link for more info http://ttctwins.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=59&func=view&catid=36&id=46438

I am yet to read any success story.

Yes, I also saw ovaboost , have also checked for it but couldn't find it here.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
@ Venus, I got this details from ttc thread. I called the guy and he told me he has.

taramisore15: wannabeamum maybe you should call Samuel on 08034255466. He is in Lagos i guess he is the sales rep for fertilaid or so he gave me the number of the lady in Abj. All the best ma'am.

@honiepie. I started the edmark shakeoff today. I waited for af to be over before starting. I will definitely give u a feedback.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by VENUSS(f): 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
@hopeful, (((hugs))) you are the best. I have called him. Thanks so much.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2013
@Venus, u are welcome. I intend to get one today and start using after I complete the detox. all the best dear.

@honeypie, my first day of detox was good. I felt quite clean inside. I stopped the acv and I intend to continue after the detox. I have a bottle of baby and me, is it advisable to combine with Trevo? Since Trevo is packed with multi vitamins and antioxidants?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2013
wow @ hopeful3 dats nice,trevo is basically anti oxidant fruits lik all forms of berries includin apples nd orange which isnt an anti oxidant but contains high vitamin c.baby n me contains ALL u n baby nids from preconcetion,concetion to delivery.anti oxidant juice(trevo)will care 4 u n nt allow d toxins flushed out durin detox to return.u cn halve trevo dossage to comfortably accomodate baby n me.all d best dear,pls kip us posted.where n hw much did u buy ''baby n me''?

@beski i received ur mail,hope u got my response?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2013
Thanks honiepie, I got a bottle for N8,500 from a friend who got them online for her personal use. I am yet to see it here in any pharmacy.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 10:48am On Sep 27, 2013
Goke7:

Thank you very much for your comprehensive response, this will surely help many out there. Please can you also help with the use of acv [apple cider] for urinary tract infections, am sorry for asking too many questions. Thanks

You're welcome.for urinary tract infections,depending on the severity,you can start with the use of baking soda to halt the spread .Baking soda being alkaline will raise the acid level thereby giving you relief from the symptoms. Take a teaspoon of BS to a glass of water once or twice a day then follow up using acv.take a tablespoon of acv to a glass of water 3 times a day.you may add honey to the mix if you like. For a lady,you can also use salt water to wash" down there". Above all,drink plenty of water so aid flushing of the system.all the best!
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2013
yummyk: Pls what do I need to detoxify my system & I do I go abt it.

For detoxification,there are so many products out there .but its always good to use products with good reviews from those who have used them.combo of shake off and Trevo has been mentioned and seems to be good.@ Hopeful3, just mentioned she started with it.can you pls explain its use further ,and your experience with it? Thanks @hopeful3
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2013
hahaha diva darlyn u r doin well,sorry cudnt respond initially was in d middle of sumfin.

@Goje u r welkom,lik diva was saying,i advice everyone to detoxify b4 any major life style change regardin health.i suggest u detox wit shake off from edmark,drink one sachet twice daily,it starts to work in 8hrs,direction:open a sachet,pour d content in a cup containing room temp.water,stir vigourously nd drink immediately.

For direction on acv,i ve posted on this topic severally,it wud hv bn nice if u read d post on ttc page nd also read ppls questions n ma ansas too,but let me try n post it here again.

Drink a tablespoon of acv in warnm water 2 to 3times daily,for infe.ction wash nd rinse ur underwears,towel,wash cloth in dilluted acv and spread outside under d sun,to kil yeast n reinfect.ion
dillute acv in warm water nd sit in it 4 about 30mins,u can use ur wash cloth soaked in dilluted acv water to wipe d internal area of ur vijayjay,then apply plain,sugar nd flavour free yougourt in d vijayjay,check for live active culture on d label,thats d type to buy.

For the acv make sure its organic nd unfiltered nd it contains mother.

@diva darl,i really dnt lik usin salt water for vijayjay,wat it does to meat(tenderize)is wat it wud do to ur la.bia nd everyfin else in there,nd it quickly reacts to constant heat nd bla bla bla.

@venus hw body?

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Goke7: 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Coco diva:

You're welcome.for urinary tract infections,depending on the severity,you can start with the use of baking soda to halt the spread .Baking soda being alkaline will raise the acid level thereby giving you relief from the symptoms. Take a teaspoon of BS to a glass of water once or twice a day then follow up using acv.take a tablespoon of acv to a glass of water 3 times a day.you may add honey to the mix if you like. For a lady,you can also use salt water to wash" down there". Above all,drink plenty of water so aid flushing of the system.all the best!

Thanks a lot, but for how long do one continue to use the baking soda and acv, I mean the duration [months or how long]. your insight are so helpful
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ diva, I intend to go for ivf (if I don't conceive naturally anytime soon) and reading thru pikinmama's post on ivf thread she adviced that a purgative/detox be done before commencing. I got the edmark shake off advice for detox from honeypie's post and she also suggested taking antioxidants and that's why I got Trevo. I started yesterday with a satchet 2ce a day and a capful of Trevo 2ce a day too. So far, so good.

I will like to ask if there are natural remedies for peri-fimbrial adhesion?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by muma(f): 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
@hopeful3, pleaseif γ̲̣̣̥☺U̶̲̥̅̊ get any useful info about BAby and Me , where i can buy pls let me know or if dat your frd still want to sell , lol.

Hope you are good?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Lol....unfortunately she doesnt have extra. It's $24.47 on amazon. You could try if they will deliver to nigeria. My friend got hers from naturalfertilityshop.com for $44.95 through a sourcing company. Thats why she collected N8500.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by muma(f): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ hopeful, i will try and see if i can buy from Amazon. Thanks
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
Hello all,

@honiepie, thanks. Concerning the salt water wash,its all about quantity.its a pinch or two of salt in an average bath bowl.along with warm water,dissolve completely and rinse.after rinsing,dry immediately with toilet paper.its meant for severe cases of uti when you're iching all over.it gives instant relief.so when you rinse ,it kills their strenght and the itching will reduce. Besides,its not something to be done on regular basis.just once in awhile.
@Goke7, there's no blanket regimen for using the treatment,everyone is different and the severity of the infection is different.so watch your reaction to the treatment.but don't stop immediately the symptoms cease.continue for another week or two so that you're sure of full treatment. If possible,go and have a test to check if its fully gone.cos incomplete treatment of uti can cause kidney infection.all the best
@hopeful3, for peri-fimbrial adhesions,its best to start with a cleanse,balance your hormones,eat right,incoporate a lot of veggies and antioxidants into your diet(daily) and do an enzyme therapy.avoid the use of clomid and composed multivitamins.try to get your dose of vitamins from your diet.you can use any of the superfoods instead. And avoid surgery if you can.esp if you're not having symptoms.
Ivf is fine if you've been trying on your own for long without success.all the best
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2013
@hopeful, try to do castor oil packs regularly, its more beneficial when you're detoxifying. Also the use anti-inflammatories e.g extra virgin,cold-pressed olive oil, blackseed oil etc is good cos it prevents the spread and pains that come with it. You don't have to do everything all at once. These are just options you can choose from. Adopt what is convinient for you at any one time.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
Thanks a lot Cocodiva. God bless you. Looking forward to more health tips.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 9:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
Good evening all, I appreciate wht ure doing here and thk God im going to b a part of dis. Guess I ave to tell u wht d challenge is as it is. I ve being ttc for almost 4 years nw & early dis year hubby & I decided to go 4 ivf with bridge clinic in ph. But after all d test and physical examinations, I ws asked to go and remove d ovarian cyst b4 they can start d ivf procedures proper.
As I ws preparing to go 4 d surgery, pple advise me against it cos I ve not given birth yet & dis include a close doctor. They said most of d time thrs always complications so I got scared and I dnt knw what to do . Pls kindly advice me cos im already 34 & hubby is over 40, whr should I start from?
Thanks for d advice on d issue of detoxification.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by netprofitt: 11:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
I am not too good with recollecting things as they happened, but ur story is a bit similar to mine only I wasn't even married then. I was diagnosed with ovarian cyst and we where all afraid of removing it, we went from one place to the other trying to avoid surgery and at d end almost too late, it had spread and affected one of my ovaries. So please seek proper medical advise.
The complications that usually arise are due to adhesions which may come up after surgery, but in life we must learn to hand over our affairs to God and trust, believing miracles can happen
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 29, 2013
@yummyk, In 2011, I used to have a lot of pain in my right side, I visited Nisa Premier in Abuja and Reddington in Lagos. Nisa premier said it was appendicitis and I decided to come to Lagos and I went to Reddington for a second opinion. Reddington said it was ovarian cyst and immediately booked me for a surgery. I did the surgery but my dear sister, I just don't know cos I still have the pain till date. After the ovarian cyst surgery I did another surgery to remove my appendix because the pain was unbearable. Well, I will just advice u to seek a second, third and fourth opinion because I found out later that the ovarian cyst was just a functional cyst and the surgery I had was not necessary and because of that I promised myself never to go to reddington again, even for malaria. I met a lady after I had the cyst surgery and she was like if she had known she would have suggested I used acv and bsm to shrink the cyst instead of going for a surgery. You could read that up too. But most importantly, go to other hospitals to get their own opinions. And if surgery is the only way out, my sister go for it. God will be with you.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by VENUSS(f): 9:46am On Sep 29, 2013
@honiepie, I dey o.
Cocodiva 2nd in comand mamalawo . Una weldone.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
@ hopeful3 thks ive done d scan in 2 oda pls apart frm bridge clinic & I just read abt bsm & acv in ttc & I ll use dat then c wht d outcome will be.
@ netprofit thks so much too.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2013
Hello all,
@yummyk, why are they asking you to remove the cyst?Secondly,I'l like to ask questions about the cyst if you don't mind.what is the classification given about the cyst? Is it fluid-filled or is it a mass?have you used birth-control pills on it without success?are you having symptoms of the cyst?is it on one or both ovaries?
Thirdly,while I await your response, surgery is not a good option IMO.cos the ovary is a delicate organ,there is a risk of it not working again.the balance of the fimbria-ovary structure may be compromised and when that happens,its as good as one having blocked tubes or no tubes at all.esp if both ovaries are worked on.I really don't want to write a very long post,so I'l stop here with that.I'l like to give examples of ladies I know that have done such.one had her ovary not functioning again,but fortunately,it was one ovary that was worked on and not functioning. So years later,she was able to concieve with the other one.the other,used to have pains with hers before the surgery even though she travelled out of the country for the surgery,after a few weeks the pain got even worse than before she had the surgery and she has to deal with the pain along side now.and guess what! She's being asked to come for yet another surgery! So,its just a roller-coaster.its best to handle it naturally cos even with surgery,it still grows back
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2013
Hello all.hope we're all fine.
I'l like to talk about our choice of foods and how to ensure that we're making the best choices for our body.
Homeopathy is rising in popularity as it is based on the principle of invoking the body's natural healing properties rather than overriding them to quell symptoms.
This propensity of the body to heal and strenghten it-self is sometimes called the "life force". The force of this flow can be stemmed by a failure to repond to our body's needs in diet,exercise,mental stability. However,it is a powerful force and remains undaunted even after years of neglect/abuse. But it shouldn't be taken for granted. Concious efforts should be made to assist the body in order to be in good health and even produce an offspring.This obviously is demanding on the body and as such,good choices should be made. E.g all foods can generally be grouped into acid-forming and alkaline-forming. Too much acid-forming foods is to be avoided,as it is important to maintain the acid-alkali balance within the body. Eating too many acid-forming foods can have adverse effect in the body by triggering several disease conditions.e.g of such food is coffee,alcohol,meat,bread etc.This doesn't mean these foods should be cut out altogether,rather, simply reduce the amount and counter the effects with alkaline forming foods such as fruits,vegetables,beans etc.
This helps to maintain the balance of ph in the body and keeps the body healthy and disease -free. When the body is in this state,it would readily respond to produce in terms of ttc. All the best.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by AmatuRahman: 10:06am On Oct 02, 2013
@ cocodiva dear, you are realy doing a good job here . same thing for honiepie. keep the good work going.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2013
Morning all.
@cocodiva , ive never had of buserelin and I dnt mind if u can send me d consultant 's number so dat I can hear his opinion.
I dnt ave d result of d scan rit here wit me cos im out of town , i can give d detail later whn i get back to ph but is mass filled & not fluid, also ive never used birth-control pills on it and I just fill little pain in my rit side once in while cos d cyst is in d right ovary and nt d 2.
And if u ask me surgery is d last thin I want to do cos of similar stories ive had.
For the right up , is going to be helpful. God bless u.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
@AmatuRahman,thanks dear.I appreciate

@YummyK,pls PM me. So I send you the number. I'l reply to your response later,hopefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

60-Year-Old American Woman Dies In Delta Hotel, Boyfriend Arrested By Police / Chinese Man Dies Of Hanta Virus Infection / Coronavirus: Lagos On Total Lockdown (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.