Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,275 members, 7,940,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:27 PM

Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? (2149 Views)

. / My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / A Parent's Worst Fear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
I am a young man, mobile, articulate, full of life & looking to have fun for as long as my body can allow me!

Sadly, there comes a point in time when the body degenerates, you are not as mobile as u were, your memory fades, your voice quakes & you don't see too well!!

What a pity to you...but congratulations, at least you got ripe & earned much experience out of life. God preserved you!

Now, if you got to 60yrs & above, and you start to loose some of your distinctive skills & good looks, what is your biggest fear of being old........what are you scared of?
My grandma of blessed memory lived up to 98yrs, and I saw lots of degradation...lots of pity for her as she struggled to live each day!
In all of this, her biggest fear was.......God, don't let my 2kids die before me o!!!!

As for me Roy.....my fears are many, but lemme mention a few...........

1. I have seen a lot of old men with very big ears.....as in unbelievably big ears.....I don't wanna go that way!

2. I believe in doing ALL things by myself, having to send someone to wash my cloths, bring me the T.V remote, help me load this recharge card, I can't find my glasses, when its on my face(fading memory)......really scares me!

3. The fact that I can't wink at a woman & make her smile....talk to her for 5 minutes and make her fall for me.....yea, make her fall after 5 minutes is my greatest fear!!

Share yours peeps......what do you fear most in your old age?
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 28, 2013
LOL

Tough Topic

@Topic

1. Being Alone without my Babè ( speaking for myself) ... I wish we die same day @110yrs grin

2. Children... We must go before our Kids ... @110years tho .

RR this your Thread e get as e be oh angry
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
jidegirl12: LOL

Tough Topic

@Topic

1. Being Alone without my Babè ( speaking for myself) ... I wish we die same day @110yrs grin

2. Children... We must go before our Kids ... @110years tho .

RR this your Thread e get as e be oh angry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hard right?
But you try!

God will sustain you & Jideboy till 110 + 1 yrs.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by simdam500(m): 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
D fear of been cheated by d youngs will be ma greatest fear
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by coogar: 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
my worst fear of old age is the decline of my sëx drive - not sure i would be able to live with that.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
coogar: my worst fear of old age is the decline of my sëx drive - not sure i would be able to live with that.

All men are extremely fearful of this fact!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Maybe not all....[s]Priests, gays, hemaphrodite, Sumo Wrestlers & Eunuchs[/s]
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Suzie0(f): 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
@ topic Old age comes with lots of chalenges.my fears are: 1) having my once young and suculent skin shrink as the year goes by. 2) having a different set of dentition.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
Suzie 0.:
@ topic Old age comes with lots of chalenges.my fears are: 1) having my once young and suculent skin shrink as the year goes by. 2) having a different set of dentition.

Pretty Suzie.....may God increase ur beauty till the end!!

Don't bleach o.....it will help ur skin in the long run!!!

May your teeth remain 32 till 100yrs.....amen!!!!
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Tinkybabe(f): 11:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
My worst fear of old age are

-Dementia
-Inability to do things myself
-Wrinkled skin and faded beauty sad
I pray my husband and I live to be at least 85 yrs .
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
Relying on people 24/7 - I like doing things myself
Not being able to walk around freely
Those random and crazy diseases
Mood swings undecided
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Andyblaze: 11:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
Inability to visit nl at old age
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:03am On Aug 29, 2013
Tinkybabe: My worst fear of old age are

-Dementia
-Inability to do things myself
-Wrinkled skin and faded beauty sad
I pray my husband and I live to be at least 85 yrs .

Dementia is a terrible thing to befall any man/woman!!! Knew a couple of old timers who were demented....a real pity!

May the God you worship bless you with a good & gracious old age, Amen!!!
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:05am On Aug 29, 2013
Andyblaze: Inability to visit nl at old age

Lolllz.....you will be able to visit...only you might not be able to respond & when you manage to, all you will write is

End Time Things!!
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:09am On Aug 29, 2013
adaobi123: Relying on people 24/7 - I like doing things myself
Mood swings undecided

We are alike in some ways! I have always been told by my friends that when I become the governor of my state, I will be the only governor driving himself all around!!

Don't worry, you can take a walk from Benin to Ore tomorrow....that should compensate you for when you can't go around as you wish!!!
Lmaooooo......just kidding!!

You will be hail & hearty to be wherever you wanna when you wanna in God's name!!

Somebody shout A-M-E-N!!
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 29, 2013
Royal Roy:

We are alike in some ways! I have always been told by my friends that when I become the governor of my state, I will be the only governor driving himself all around!!

Don't worry, you can take a walk from Benin to Ore tomorrow....that should compensate you for when you can't go around as you wish!!!
Lmaooooo......just kidding!!

You will be hail & hearty to be wherever you wanna when you wanna in God's name!!

Somebody shout A-M-E-N!!

@bold but isn't that not better ? tongue

A
M
E
N
cool
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:21am On Aug 29, 2013
adaobi123:

@bold but isn't that not better ? tongue

A
MEN
cool

It is, but Naija factor....next I will read in newspapers .......Meet The Most Stingy Governor Ever Liveth
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Nobody: 12:24am On Aug 29, 2013
Royal Roy:

It is, but Naija factor....next I will read in newspapers .......Meet The Most Stingy Governor Ever Liveth

Hahaha true cheesy
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by greatgod2012(f): 2:39am On Aug 29, 2013
My worst fear is any kid dying before me, sincerely, I don't want to experience such.

Another one is fading sight and hearing, my lovely and gracious MIL is experiencing such now, she will have to use a touchlight even at broad day light before she can read the bible daily, and you will have to move very close to her before she can hear you well respectively.
Living without my hubby, though, he's older than me, but I'm always afraid of when he will be no more, he's just too understanding to live without, may God help me.(Hope he doesn't see this o, so that his head do not start swelling, lol)
And lastly, when some stubborn youngies who do not want to be corrected accuse you of witchcraft(they usually say, iya yen ti gb'aje), just because you're continuously correcting their wrong ways.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:12am On Aug 29, 2013
@greatgod, your fears are valid.
But behold, i see you living till a ripe age, with full strenght of body, mind and soul......i also see you enjoying the fruit of your labour with
greatGuy by your side. Amen.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by birdman(m): 6:05am On Aug 29, 2013
your life has a tendency to go in the direction of your strongest belief. hopefully you guys arent feeding your fears
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:18am On Aug 29, 2013
birdman: your life has a tendency to go in the direction of your strongest belief. hopefully you guys arent feeding your fears

You have a point chicken birdman, but in reality, you only conquer your fears when you stop fearing your fears.
In other words, when you realise you dont want to go down in a certain way, you wl be more conscious of how you live your life at the moment.
Most of these things, there is nothing we can do about it, but realise that you can live ur life in a way that makes life easy on you at the wee hours!!
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by greatgod2012(f): 6:45am On Aug 29, 2013
birdman: your life has a tendency to go in the direction of your strongest belief. hopefully you guys arent feeding your fears

my brother,
As much as i can say you are right, do you know that one cant know how to conquer one's fears if one doesn't identify the fears, and identifying the fears doesn't really means those fears will overtake one.
Therefore, my dear brother, it is better to identify one's fears and fight hard to conquer them, but if one doesn't identify them, how can one conquer them.

Besides, this parrticular type fear ie fear of old age is real to everyone, except if one doesn't desire growing old, and who doesn't?, none, i guess.
We see all these happening to our older folks and we pity them, but it is not wrong if we start believing that, we are also going to be in their shoes someday.
May God help us all.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Obelomo: 6:55am On Aug 29, 2013
Not being able to bathe myself or do simple things on my own!
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 29, 2013
Live healthy lifestyle now,u will reap d benefit in old age
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Tinkybabe(f): 8:24am On Aug 29, 2013
Royal Roy:

Dementia is a terrible thing to befall any man/woman!!! Knew a couple of old timers who were demented....a real pity!

May the God you worship bless you with a good & gracious old age, Amen!!!
Amen, thank you smiley.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by deols(f): 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
The diseases associated with old age. Hernias in men for example or BPH and its associated symptoms and in women VJ prolapse(not common though) and other conditions associated with senility.

I always feel sympathetic with them. I sometimes just don't want to live that long. It matters more, how well.

I wonder how they feel about death and if it is scary to them(as its inevitability is dawning on them)

So reflecting on these and imagining myself in their situation is it for me.

I just pray to die in the best of positions, carrying out the best of acts and being known as one among the righteous while having all of my senses intact and having fulfilled my lifelong goals.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by RoyalRoy(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
deols:

I just pray to die in the best of positions, carrying out the best of acts and being known as one among the righteous while having all of my senses intact and having fulfilled my lifelong goals.

May God answer your prayers!!

And mine too!!! grin
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by slimyem: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Everything about old age/aging is scary. Youthfulness is just beautiful and I wish it can go on without end. cool. It can't. So all I'd do is live well and live a happy life,cherish all my happy moments and hope they make me a fine cushion and consolation for old age.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by thorpido(m): 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
'And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died:his eye was not dim,nor his natural force abated'(Deut 34:7).
I work in a hospital and see a lot of stuff with old people.

Still those words up there are my meditation.
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
thorpido: 'And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died:his eye was not dim,nor his natural force abated'(Deut 34:7).
I work in a hospital and see a lot of stuff with old people.

Still those words up there are my meditation.

I hear you.

Like Debrief said we need to face the fact tho... My entire family use prescription glasses and contact lens ... That automatically will make my eyes dimmer and susceptible to other eye disease risks than normal people when I'm older. I'm not cursing myself grin It's just the truth. Abraham blessings are mine too.

RR are you an ordained pastor?? cheesy
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by EfemenaXY: 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Royal Roy: I am a young man, mobile, articulate, full of life & looking to have fun for as long as my body can allow me!

Sadly, there comes a point in time when the body degenerates, you are not as mobile as u were, your memory fades, your voice quakes & you don't see too well!!

What a pity to you...but congratulations, at least you got ripe & earned much experience out of life. God preserved you!

Now, if you got to 60yrs & above, and you start to loose some of your distinctive skills & good looks, what is your biggest fear of being old........what are you scared of?
My grandma of blessed memory lived up to 98yrs, and I saw lots of degradation...lots of pity for her as she struggled to live each day!
In all of this, her biggest fear was.......God, don't let my 2kids die before me o!!!!

As for me Roy.....my fears are many, but lemme mention a few...........

1. I have seen a lot of old men with very big ears.....as in unbelievably big ears.....I don't wanna go that way!

2. I believe in doing ALL things by myself, having to send someone to wash my cloths, bring me the T.V remote, help me load this recharge card, I can't find my glasses, when its on my face(fading memory)......really scares me!

3. The fact that I can't wink at a woman & make her smile....talk to her for 5 minutes and make her fall for me.....yea, make her fall after 5 minutes is my greatest fear!!

Share yours peeps......what do you fear most in your old age?

Dementia undecided

Arthritis undecided undecided

Gradual shut down of internal organs undecided undecided undecided

Losing self-independence and physical strength lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Old Age....what Is Your Worst Fear? by rubi96(f): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
adaobi123: Relying on people 24/7 - I like doing things myself
[b]Mood swings
undecided
lol that's happening with my dad now that sometimes i wonder. When my dad was younger, he hardly gets angry o but now the reverse is the case. i pray i don't get mood swings when i'm much older

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies,a Thread to celebrate The Good Husbands Out There / Is it Okay to Pound Yam for your In-laws? / Can You Lay Down Your Life For A Friend So Dear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.