Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,887 members, 7,973,046 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:54 AM

Chelsea FC Signs Samuel Eto - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea FC Signs Samuel Eto (519 Views)

Samuel Eto Supports Nigeria Against Terrorism, See What He Did / Chelsea FC Signs A Deal With Bulgerian Eden Hazard / Samuel Eto's Wife Exposes Her Boobs [see Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea FC Signs Samuel Eto by nickxtra(m): 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
Eto’o has signed a one-year contract.
Four-time winner of the African Player of the Year Award, Samuel Eto’o, has completed a move Chelsea FC of England.
The Cameroonian joins the Super Eagles duo of John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses at the London Club.
The Blues on Thursday afternoon confirmed that the Cameroonian has signed a one-year contract and also added that they were delighted with the signing of the erstwhile Anzhi Makhachkala captain.
The 32-year-old, said after finishing his contract signing formalities, that he was pleased with the move.
“I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible.
“It wasn’t a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Jose Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it,” Eto’o told Chelsea’s official website.
A prolific striker who has scored goals at the highest level throughout his career, Eto’o has enjoyed success not just in club football but is the all-time leading goalscorer in the Africa Cup of Nations, and as well as tasting success at both the 2000 and 2002 tournaments, he was part of the Cameroon team which won gold at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.
He also captained Cameroon at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and scored in matches against Denmark and the Netherlands, although his goals were unable to prevent them from suffering elimination at the group stage.
Eto’o also won the UEFA Champions League with Barcelona and Inter Milan.
Is Eto the answer to Chelsea's quest for a top 9? Air your view, please
Re: Chelsea FC Signs Samuel Eto by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2013
Is he still as hot? Now I'm scared.

New! - THREAD FOR LIVERPOOL FANS...

https://www.nairaland.com/1410279/anfield-thread-liverpool-fans

New! - THREAD FOR LIVERPOOL FANS...

https://www.nairaland.com/1410279/anfield-thread-liverpool-fans
Re: Chelsea FC Signs Samuel Eto by major466(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
I think Samuel Eto will provide additional fire power to Chelsea Fc attack. Great move signing him. A good option. I guess Manchester United can keep Rooney for themselves.
Re: Chelsea FC Signs Samuel Eto by Okosta(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nice move
Re: Chelsea FC Signs Samuel Eto by mickypounds(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is a confirming herald of Ba's exit as mourinho will be poised to use Samuel Eto'o as his main pointman.One can only but imagine what Torres role would be in this iminent season. If i were to be on Jose's shoes,i would place the likes of Essien,Ba and Blackman for sell so as to generate revenue for the club,reduce the plethora number of players and make team selection less stressful.BBBLLLLLUUUUEEEESSSSSS

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Attack Ahmed Musa’s Jos Home / Nadal Beats Djokovic To Win Usopen / Nigeria Drawn With Ethopia, World Cup 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.