Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,832 members, 7,959,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference (12376 Views)

Finally, Jonathan Declares Interest In 2015 Election / Boko Haram: Jonathan Declares Full-scale War ,deploys Warplanes / Breaking! Jonathan Declares State Of Emergency Over Ebola. Soldiers To Take Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by goodgood2(m): 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
oiseworld: I know one day we will get to the promise land. But truth be told a National Conference would indeed quicken our move to the promise land.

Things are not ok at all. We need to talk.
Igbo's been marginalized in every part of the country.
Northern elite too money and power greedy.
Every body lazing around and focusing on the Niger delta for oil.

Lets tell ourself the truth, Nigeria is not ok.
I support a SNC anytime any day, as long as it is peaceful and we speak our minds.

But I really won't be happy if it leads to a breakup of the country, and if that's the only way then, let it be.
If not for the "lazing around," I would have "liked" your post. It is not grammatical and it annoys me. Anyway, I got you message, and I agree with you, but I won't "like" your post.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by daruffryder: 2:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
By now, people should know that this NC thing won't work.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by goodgood2(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by ochilikoko(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
Freedani: If u agree wit that the snc will be held under cawordishnes (being scared of discussing our main problem.aka diversity) and that the outcome wont affect an ordinary nagerian positively, click like
.fool u are
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by zanga420: 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
Caleboha: All the hype about a national conference, not like the opinion of the common man in the mess called naija will be heard! Its the same leaders who have betrayed us time and again that will meet to determine our future. We must remember that ethnic and religious differences only matter among the poor, with the elites only money matters! undecided
thats where the problem is. Maybe we should get options of living together in this country n vote on them in a referendum like manner.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by mikeapollo: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
GEJ is trying to deceive Nigerians. Remember how OBJ also deceived people with his useless conference that produced nothing.
All is about Scheming for 2015
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by churchmind: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
We have been waiting 4 a president of dis pedegree to identify wit ideas dat will take us out of modern day slavery,our global master will not find it interesting as they know our eyes will soon b open

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Goodcare(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
1st nonperforming pressy like if u say so

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Enegito: 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2013
Iykeponti: gringrin grin
bros u know biafra will beat in that match.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Enegito: 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
good.good:

And Nigeria Cup of Nations (NCON), featuring Odua Republic, Arewa Republic, Biafra Republic, Niger Delta Republic, North Central Nigeria Republic (or whatever they choose to call their region) and Bokoristan Republic (formerly North East Nigeria)
what boko harm republic
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Enegito: 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
good.good:

And Nigeria Cup of Nations (NCON), featuring Odua Republic, Arewa Republic, Biafra Republic, Niger Delta Republic, North Central Nigeria Republic (or whatever they choose to call their region) and Bokoristan Republic (formerly North East Nigeria)
what of boko harm republic
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Samxiulee: 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2013
Snc will only lead to brake up,what Nigeria need is fiscal federalism,let all state control their resource.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by churchmind: 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2013
Mikeapollo shud knw dat there's a diff.btw an academia n a farmer/soldiercheesy n dat a soldier knows nothing abt research
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by ilebaami: 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2013
The only President that will identify with a Rewriting of the constitution based on ethnic representation is one from an Oil-Producing community in Nigeria for now. Today, OBJ or IBB, Atiku, Buhari or even Fashola or Aregbesola will work against either the whole or the part of it that will enforce resource control. I repeat most states will want to work against the SNC when the debate on Resource Control and State of Origin will be addressed. In fact, the Igbo will work against Biafra because they will want to retain their economic expansionist tendencies.
Please believe GEJ sincerity. The only Nigerians that have nothing to gain by being part of Nigeria is the South-South. President of SS is more profitable to GEJ than President of Nigeria, the SS budget will be much bigger per head.
If you want SNC sooner than later, give GEJ full support (but I doubt if the APC sympathisers can).

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by ijawcitizen(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
ilebaami: The only President that will identify with a Rewriting of the constitution based on ethnic representation is one from an Oil-Producing community in Nigeria for now. Today, OBJ or IBB, Atiku, Buhari or even Fashola or Aregbesola will work against either the whole or the part of it that will enforce resource control. I repeat most states will want to work against the SNC when the debate on Resource Control and State of Origin will be addressed. In fact, the Igbo will work against Biafra because they will want to retain their economic expansionist tendencies.
Please believe GEJ sincerity. The only Nigerians that have nothing to gain by being part of Nigeria is the South-South. President of SS is more profitable to GEJ than President of Nigeria, the SS budget will be much bigger per head.
If you want SNC sooner than later, give GEJ full support (but I doubt if the APC sympathisers can).
At last a wise comment....God bless you and your entire generations yet unborn sir!

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 likes
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Samxiulee: 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
ilebaami: The only President that will identify with a Rewriting of the constitution based on ethnic representation is one from an Oil-Producing community in Nigeria for now. Today, OBJ or IBB, Atiku, Buhari or even Fashola or Aregbesola will work against either the whole or the part of it that will enforce resource control. I repeat most states will want to work against the SNC when the debate on Resource Control and State of Origin will be addressed. In fact, the Igbo will work against Biafra because they will want to retain their economic expansionist tendencies.
no need to put tribal sentiments into SNC,Obj conveyed on but NASS shot it down,tbh SNC is not the answer but fiscal federalism,we can have that even with NASS....let everyone control their resources,the SW are the most vocal when it come to SNC and fiscal federalism and resources control they don't need SS oyel.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by musiwa1f: 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
there have already been a conference.. before merge of 1960 before the union of the 3 sovereign state, it is respecting the decision of that conference.

Constitution is not binding to sovereignty Western Nigeria

The constitution of Nigeria is not binding to Western Nigeria --Engr Musiwa

Is not ,

Here is African union constitution, Morocco was part of africa union. After a while Morroco pull out of africa union. Why did africa union not show morroco their constitution.

When military Olusegun Obasanjo sign the document in 1979, he had no power to sign sure. He was a military man, all laws by the military are not acceptable in international law. Obasanjo did not know what the word sovereignty mean.. He did not know what sovereignty mean till less than 2 month ago. 99% of nigeria office holders do not know the meaning.

Constitution is just a piece of paper.. It is not binding to western nigeria, it can leave nigeria... Just like Morroco . constitution is just an agreement that any of the party to the agreement can say, I am no more interested in. Human divorce. Please ask international lawyers.

[s][/s]http://www.africanconstitution.org/home/constitutive-act

Morocco is not part of africa union .. it remove itself from africa union

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-04-26-00-morocco-has-au-aspirations/

Ghana and Guinea formed Ghana-Guinea Union in 1958 (Union of African States). just like Western Nigeria, eastern nigeria and Northern nigeria form Nigeria in 1960. if you have friend from Ghana please called them and ask if I am speaking the truth.

Koffi annan is my witness.

i represent the voice of my people.,

to help you out in the town obasanjo comes from, if the election is free and fair. i will win against obasanjo. with tinubu nobody can tell you, where he comes from. dont laugh. at least obasanjo knows his home town. I just kept on laughing when i was written this. For tinubu, he has has several home towns. nigeria politician go kill me.

Why, because leadership is a generation thing.. And yoruba will call them Agbaya if they try to compete with me. So fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan or fani kayode etc can clearly see, there is a new person in town. if they doubt, i can make 1,000,000 protesters come stand infront of their house.

you can see from this video, i am the voice of my people. Not fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan or fani kayode etc. they are not the voice of our people. So if I tell you something. You have to believe. Because the people are upset and they will kill anyone who oppose me. this is why I show you my facebook. To show you the level the leevel my voice hold..

Tinubu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjWFOcn1y8

Obasanjo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ytW23Vodo&list=PL9BA9A24EFAECF049

[img]http://4.bp..com/-HvHqiEdSDIk/T1aCTamKrNI/AAAAAAAAAAs/mD4eteogCxM/s1600/naija.jpg[/img]

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by musiwa1f: 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
The word of God says the my sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me, What it means is the people do not follow tinubu or obasanjo or fashola.. They follow me, because I truth represent their voice. That why i show you people my facebook. You can see that is the army force of Nigeria. because they have had it up to here,

they will clear obasanjo, tinubu or fashola or fani kayode or anyone who do not listen to me. Because their own lifes are first in danger as members of the army. they will kill fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan or fani kayode etc. if fashola doubt it, they come and shoot him, because the people are feed up.. etc or any senators, if you dont listen. Word of God says wisdom is for the wise.

The sheep only listen to who. So listen to my voice.. because leadership have change hands. the people are feed up with old wine in new bottle.

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by musiwa1f: 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
and if you fail to listen now this is where we are going. yorubas have uranium. this is a nuclear bomb. and i have inform the international community. to prevent this. you most listen to me. stop listen to fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan or fani kayode etc and other they are not been sincere with you. we are a people who develop oil platform. So anything is possible. we would be able to develop nuclear bomb.

When I say listen to my voice, you listen because people dont hear anything.. The sheep follow the voice , another the word of God says, they will not follow. they will not follow fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan or fani kayode etc because the sheep know his voice.

Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2013
Evil Brain: This Jonathan is a clown. He'll say anything if thinks it'll get him elected. Does he realize what such a conference means? It means we bypass the national assembly, possibly replace the constitution and get rid of his entire government. It could literally mean the break-up of Nigeria.

Meanwhile, there are so many things within his authority he can do solve Nigeria's ethnic divides and he has done none of them. Where is the law to ban the rampant discrimination on the basis of ethnicity and state of origin? Where is the law to allow people to become indegenes of a state when they've lived there for 5, 10, 20 years?

GEJ is an expert at making empty and impossible promises. But when it comes to real, practical change, he is completely useless.
Thank GOD people like you are seeing him for what he truly is. This same Gej opposed an SNC early in his tenure, now to pit everyone against each other he says he's in support. Smh
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by dbride: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
obailala: Nigeria's problem is more complex than a simple SNC... Any attempt at a national conference will certainly end up in a brawl and the delegates will simply scoop enough allowances b4 going back to continue their usual lives. undecided undecided

When different people gather together to live as one in a given space and they fight all the time, is it not wisdom to sit and figure out a better way of co-existing in peace? Who would reject that idea because some people would benefit financially from it?....whao, BAD THINKING. Certainly the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by djfaithy: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
solomon111: Actually you are the clown here.
Nigeria's problem are very foundational and anything except SNC will be akin to "patching up", which we've been doing for decades without much success.
If SNC means Nigeria divides,then that would be better instead of us continuing the deception of "one Nigeria".
Nigeria is not One,has never been One,and may never be One until a SNC is convened where pressing issues affecting Nigeria's unity will be addressed.
How can Nigeria move forward when there are no true patriots loyal to the Nigerian state?.
Any president that can successfully convene a fruitful SNC has gotten to the roots of Nigeria's problems.
Btw,the 1999 constitution is redundant and unprogressively useless.
We need to abolish it,and create a new constitution that corresponds with current realities.
. Lol so far the SNC will be transmitted live on every local stations and they will provide hot lines so that masses can partake in the proposed SNC,then we are truly ready for it but if not, its still bunch of thieves that will go there to represent the masses and do nothing but argue and go back with their allowances without any meaningful result....but sha let's wait and see
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by djfaithy: 6:29pm On Aug 30, 2013
musiwa1f:

and if you fail to listen now this is where we are going. yorubas have uranium. this is a nuclear bomb. and i have inform the international community. to prevent this. you most listen to me. stop listen to fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan or fani kayode etc and other they are not been sincere with you. we are a people who develop oil platform. So anything is possible. we would be able to develop nuclear bomb.

When I say listen to my voice, you listen because people dont hear anything.. The sheep follow the voice , another the word of God says, they will not follow. they will not follow fashola, obasanjo or tinubu or Jonathan or fani kayode etc because the sheep know his voice.

pathetic,very pathetic comment, anyways we are pathetic fools in this country,200 million mumu
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by djfaithy: 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2013
musiwa1f:

lol guy you are a clown,I've read a lot about your rubbish in NL but I decided to keep mute but with this I think someone need to pinch you hard so that you can wake up from your slumber and stop embarrassing yourself on here, anyways the sheep know the voice of their master,that's for sheep we are Nigerians,we might tagged 200 million mumu but trust me we are not too foolish not to recognize senior mumus when we see one,well why don't we start with me, bring your 1.000.000 protesters to my doorstep or probably send one of those army to kill me,since I'm not ready to listen to your stupid voice, so that everyone will know you are serious, failure to do so means you need to visit yaba left
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by gerald09(m): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
Would each of d 389 tribe have dere representative, (like d senate or house of Rep) or wuld every single person in d 389 tribe represent demselves cos I don't c it making any change. Hope dis is not d creation of a new ministry/ commission where to loot/ chop money?
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by Pins(m): 7:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
cashkid18: May dis snc lead to nigerian break up..clik like if u suport it
otondo 2
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by igala1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
solomon111: Actually you are the clown here.
Nigeria's problem are very foundational and anything except SNC will be akin to "patching up", which we've been doing for decades without much success.
If SNC means Nigeria divides,then that would be better instead of us continuing the deception of "one Nigeria".
Nigeria is not One,has never been One,and may never be One until a SNC is convened where pressing issues affecting Nigeria's unity will be addressed.
How can Nigeria move forward when there are no true patriots loyal to the Nigerian state?.
Any president that can successfully convene a fruitful SNC has gotten to the roots of Nigeria's problems.
Btw,the 1999 constitution is redundant and unprogressively useless.
We need to abolish it,and create a new constitution that corresponds with current realities.

Nice analysis, but wait a minute and you think all these non South-South thief friends "cabal" of GEJ would allow their investments in SS destroy? They'd frustrate his move all the way.
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by olaideadedoyin(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
what type of national convention, what the does people dat will repsent us, how must of naira dey will share after deliberation on meaningless matter? Am wept 4 future of dis country
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by DeNoble1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
Kingscee: Now or never, if this U.S.E.L.E.S.S country want 2 remain as one. I know some ûseless hausa A.N.I.M.A.L.S go oppose the move.
Must you always insult to make a point. I really wander what the mods in this place are doing. Comments like this should be hidden
Re: Jonathan Declares Support For National Conference by bueze046(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
pls guys dowlod n help shr my new freestyle (mr raw's obodo
cover) by Rapidow(@buezerapidow) www.thathit.com/play/257652 for free
download!! .....its rap game baby!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Rescues Another 25 Boko Haram Hostages / Bianca Ojukwu Says APGA Will Suffer For Injustice Against Me / More Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign In Yenagoa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.