Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,174 members, 7,973,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 11:55 AM

How To Accept Jesus Christ As Your Savior? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Accept Jesus Christ As Your Savior? (545 Views)

OPEN AND SEE HOW POPULAR NAIRALAND ATHIESTS ACCEPT JESUS / The Lies Of Biblical Jesus Christ As Recorded By The Authors / If Jews Reject Jesus, Why Should An African Accept Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Accept Jesus Christ As Your Savior? by Emusan(m): 8:15am On Aug 30, 2013
Jesus of Nazareth fulfilled all the prophecies about the Messiah in the Jewish Bible (Old Testament).
In the Holy Bible, John 14:9 states that Jesus said: "Whoever has seen me has seen the Father."
So, "How should you accept Christ as your Savior"?

1 Understand God's Holy Nature:
Many people do not understand the concept of the Holy Trinity, and some explain it the wrong way. Well, The Orthodox Church (the first established Christian church) (This is not to promote Orthodoxy, it is just to state the first Christians' belief about the Nature of God) says: "God is one while being in a Trinity".

2 Seek to understand God's plan: "So, I need to be saved from what, and why? Believing in God and The Bible is crucial to understanding "What is a savior?" and "Why be saved?" The Bible is God's revealed word to mankind, written by people so yielded to God's will that God chose them to write it. The people who wrote the books of the Bible were inspired (given the words) by God. They all agree in purpose and point to Christ, the Messiah, though they were written over a period of more than a thousand years: The Bible teaches that all people have sin in their lives.
Sin is any act that displeases God, as sin separates us from God, who is perfect, such that the payment we are to pay for sin is spiritual death-- permanent separation from God.

3 Understand who could save you from spiritual death: Because we are all born sinful, we are unable by our own whimsical or very deep reason--or in our own strength and morality-to please a perfect God. However, God sent His son Jesus as your representative and as your ransom from being captive.
John 3:16-17 (NIV): "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

4 Admit that you have sinned: It is a prerequisite to accepting Christ. Once you understand that we are and you are a sinner and that all have sinned, turn to the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness by repenting of your sins.

5 Profess Jesus as your savior: Romans 10:13, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Say, "Father in Heaven, I believe that Jesus died for my sins." And God will impart eternal life to your spirit.

6 Understand that Jesus said to receive or accept Him we must receive whom He sent. (John13:20) That is the Holy Spirit (John15:26)

7 Remember to ask for the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit does not come automatically when a person believes but Jesus says everyone who asks receives (Luke11:9-13)

8 Tell God what you want to say to Him: John 9:31 "Now [in this] we know that God [listens] hears not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and does His will [receives Christ], him He hears [answers]." Talking to God can be in many forms, whether in a prayer or in an ordinary way as in talking to others. Here's a prayer suggestion,
"My God and my Savior, I know I have sinned before you, and I know about all the bad things I have in my life. But with you my God, I shall never fear even the worst things in life, because you have sent your only and true Son, Jesus, to be crucified, and to pay the price of my own sins. I come to you my God to confess everything I have done in my life, and to tell you I am sorry. I am here to declare you King on my life, my thoughts and my actions. I want you to be my Savior. Please God, forgive me, for I have sinned before you. My God and my LORD, reign over my life, because your reign is perfect and your kingdom will never see an end. Amen"
Feel the presence of God in faith while kneeling. Kneeling is efficient, if you want to concentrate on nothing but your prayer.
Re: How To Accept Jesus Christ As Your Savior? by Odunharry(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2013
nyc

(1) (Reply)

.. / Y Do Most Christians Spend More Time In D Wordly Tins / Guidelines For Effective Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.