Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,668 members, 7,889,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:48 AM

The Battle For Survival Of The Nigerian Youth - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Battle For Survival Of The Nigerian Youth (575 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Battle For Survival Of The Nigerian Youth by In4matic: 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
To achieve greatness is a function of conscious collective input.
No nation in the world have ever grown to super-power status except by collective state resolution for principled and progressive growth.

When we hear of figures and figures used up for bogus schemes and abandoned projects plus pointless state functions in the name of state banquets and a plethora of other Ceremonies, let us always remind ourselves the obvious implications of that. that for every million Naira Spent on wasted projects, ten Graduates have lost a hope for an average income. For Every Billion looted. 1000 Graduates would never see a meager income, lets not talk about the likely dependents and aged parents of such a graduate else the figure would triple. What of our children, borne and yet unborn? A question for those "lucky" to get "comfortable" jobs; What about the future of YOUR CHILDREN? i have asked of those around me and these are the answers i get on the average:
1. God Will do it again, He"ll show them favor as he showed their parents.
or
2. I will send them abroad to settle for a better life.

what does that imply? This situation will only get worse, everybody knows it.
there is a saying that if all were kings who would serve?
if we continue on this path, eventually we'll all be doing menial "entrepreneurial" tasks; making clothes and shoes from fabrics imported from china, repairing phones imported from china, fixing hair imported from Brazil, working as labourers in construction sites manned and run by foreigners, when we can make those fabrics, shoes, bags phones and equipment here.

on a side not,please can any Engineer in the house tell me if it really does beat the competency of a Nigerian Graduate to design an overhanging bridge, a road, a tunnel a simple locomotive train that justifies the importation of technicians even down to raw materials and equipment thereby taking what we ought to benefit and giving it to outsiders? it beats my imaginations to high heavens.
Where did all those bright kids go? who appeared on NTA jets-club in those days with designs upon designs of equipment prototypes? don't tell me, They are all begging-to-apply in banks and oyel companies cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

How will it get better? How did India do it? How did Singapore do it? how did China do it? can we even summon the chutzpah to attempt the Gandhi-kind of resolve to always wear Calico until India of then could make better fabrics? i wonder!

1 Like

Re: The Battle For Survival Of The Nigerian Youth by kennybelle: 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
In Naija, if you dnt have a connection or two with ogas @ the top, your chances of making it are slim. God, to you I look up to!

(1) (Reply)

Professional Course On Public Health / Everybody Is Looking For Job. Now, What Really Is A Job? / Judge Resigns After Being Caught Texting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.