Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,191 members, 7,884,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola (29190 Views)

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / Pope Benedict Xvi Meets Ifa Priest Wande Abimbola, Others! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
Orikinla:
Forever in Christ Jesus our Lord and Messiah.

Lest you forget, Ifa recognized Jesus Christ as the Word of God that became flesh.
If you doubt me, consult Ifa.

ok that is sad. you switched from the worship of the Higher Forces to worship of Foreign men (who copied most of his teachings from pre-existing sources).

No that is not true. ANyways Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by amiskurie(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
funny anthem! cheesy wink
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by rodeo0070(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I am Hausa.
***Gives him a Big HUG***
@Pagan 9ja. I hope say you don Te Ifa?
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by tarano: 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
They should also do Yoruba Mythology just as you have classical mythology
Yoruba History - Focus on Events, Characters, topics, Geography. Towns Ife, Oyo, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Eko, Ilesha, Ila Orangun, Ijebu Ode, Ondo, Kabba, Offa.
Yoruba Diplomacy - Yoruba/Nupe; Yoruba/Borgu; Yoruba/Benin; Yoruba/Ijaw ; Yoruba/Dahomeh
Yoruba Diaspora (Pre 1900) - West Africa, Central America, South america.
Yoruba Architecture - Housing
Yoruba Philosophy -
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by lharstborn(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Chikeziehosan: Savages Savages barely even Human...
now we sound the gongs of War..
anybody who leaves the Merciful Creator's light to bask in some heathen piece of wood and black stones should be burnt at the Stake...
The Fiery Lake of Brimstone and Lava awaits each and every 1 of you Pagan Scum....
If your so called dead gods were so real why did Yorubas..Ibos fall in their millions to Christianity..
because God Almighty is Supreme..
He who says there is no God is worse than a fool..
How can u believe in a god that created d earth with a Cockerel..that's preposterous and absurd

In all the earth and beyond and no matter how hard science tries...
they most always accept the fact that we are created by a Supreme Being....
by I am That I am...
not a god n fowl...
repent repent..For the Kingdom Of God is at hand

From The Ends Of The Earth
From The Depths Of The Seas
From The Heights of The Heavens

His name be Praised

From The Hearts Of The Weak
From The Shouts Of The Strong
From The Lips Of All People

This Song We Raise Lord
Throughout The Endless ages
You will be Crowned With Praises
Lord Most High
Exalted In Every Nation
Sovereign Of All Creation

#BeMagnified....

Ódè nii è... Egbèérè bush baby wey you be.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
rodeo0070:
***Gives him a Big HUG***
@Pagan 9ja. I hope say you don Te Ifa?

*accept hug*

My guy ofc wink
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Orikinla(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ok that is sad. you switched from the worship of the Higher Forces to worship of Foreign men (who copied most of his teachings from pre-existing sources).

No that is not true. ANyways Good Luck.
You are still a learner and you don't know much of Ifa.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Orikinla:
You are still a learner and you don't know much of Ifa.

don't teach me.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
I am very happy.
I thought my local religion was almost dead.

#happy.
smiley cheesy smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by fujahbeez: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Africa has it all but we need independent mindset to really develop in our way.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by amAZEing: 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
pls my Xtian brethren, lets adherre to the great teaching, "Let Your Moderation Be Made Known To All Men" even those of other persuation.

Also; "Follow Peace With All Men"
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
babe_online: I am very happy.
I thought my local religion was almost dead.

#happy.
smiley cheesy smiley

nice profile pic dear! wink

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

nice profile pic dear! wink
Thanks hun. smiley kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
fujahbeez: Africa has it all but we need independent mindset to really develop in our way.
I strongly agree.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by ezeagu(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
Infoay: Jesus Christ remains the only way, the truth and the life. Repect and give your life to Christ if not you will ífà in hell. Be warned!

If you know that to be the truth then keep that to yourself, you are not a qualified preacher and you've never met God before.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by dokunbam(m): 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
this is very interesting
i would like to know more about the ministry of IFA and all the incantations
hmmm........but i dont want to scatter my brain
i will stick to the Bible for now

bafemo loju a rina, oyela
ife opan ogbo o

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
Professor Wande Abimbola... we heard of his many exploits when I was a student at OAU. Great man indeed. God bless him real good.
richeyy: Is that a white guy among the graduates in the 3rd picture? undecided
Yes.

Pagan naija. Thanks for this wonderful post.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
Infoay: Jesus Christ remains the only way, the truth and the life. Repect and give your life to Christ if not you will ífà in hell. Be warned!
Dunce...lol

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by jaki006: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by IdiAmin2(m): 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
richeyy: Is that a white guy among the graduates in the 3rd picture? undecided
No
na Albino
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by tlops(m): 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
nice but will not attend

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by REMMEI(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
Orikinla: I have studied Ifa Divination from my father who was a certified Ifa and Ogun High Priest in Lagos. And I also studied Prof. Wande Abimbola and was the first Nigerian artist to have an exhibition of Ifa Divination in 1992 at the Friedrich Ebert Foundation, University of Lagos.
I was an expert on Ifa until I was born again.

What most people who even claim to be Yoruba don't know is, there was IFA before Oduduwa.
So, Oduduwa is not the father of Yorubas.
The Yoruba civilization was already flourishing for centuries before the arrival of Oduduwa.

There are orikis, but Orikinla is greater than them. grin

how do you come about this your username sire?.."ORIKINLA"..i just love your contribution on this page.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by REMMEI(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Orikinla: I have studied Ifa Divination from my father who was a certified Ifa and Ogun High Priest in Lagos. And I also studied Prof. Wande Abimbola and was the first Nigerian artist to have an exhibition of Ifa Divination in 1992 at the Friedrich Ebert Foundation, University of Lagos.

What most people who even claim to be Yoruba don't know is, there was IFA before Oduduwa.
The Yoruba civilization was already flourishing for centuries before the arrival of Oduduwa.

Nice one up there sire..can you please tell me how you come by this your username?.."ORIKINLA"..
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Thereishel: 8:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
Recruiting people for hell fire! Idol worshippers and pagans are doom for eternal sorrows, stay clear from this university.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Pdizzle(m): 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
This man is a don, iv only laid my hands on 'oju odu', i dnt know hez got so much work..with the way my pops talked abt him i knw hez a genius. I gotta learn more
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Infoay: 8:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The europeans will be laughing at your stupidity. See 21st century slave
.May God deliver your soul and make you a missionary to the nations of the earth because it is very obvious that you are still very much ignorant of the truth. Who are the so called Europeans compare to almighty God?
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Ayorh4you(m): 9:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
opin aye
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by logica(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Thereishel: Recruiting people for hell fire! Idol worshippers and pagans are doom for eternal sorrows, stay clear from this university.
Wide eyed, Wild eyed stvpid.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by icon8: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Eji ogbe! Eji ogbe!! Eji eji mo gbe mi o gbe kan!!!
Otura meji, awo ile alara...okanran won ni onile lo lare, ajoji o m'ese ile...
Ma f'ibi fo're, ma f'ire fo'bi, ma f'ololo fohun!
Ifa a gbe wa ooo...Ase waa!!!
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by ChrisNnaz: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Our culture,our culture that cud not give us electricity,education,technology etc. the only thing our culture gave us are gender inequality, poverty, selfisheness.Look at Africa, what do you see?people still hanging on culture and moving backwards.let us drop those cultural practices so that Africa can move forward.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
Chris Nnaz: Our culture,our culture that cud not give us electricity,education,technology etc. the only thing our culture gave us are gender inequality, poverty, selfisheness.Look at Africa, what do you see?people still hanging on culture and moving backwards.let us drop those cultural practices so that Africa can move forward.

This story is for you:

A boat docked in a tiny Ijaw fishing village.

A tourist complimented the local fishermen on the quality of their fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

"Not very long." they answered in unison.

"Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?"

The fishermen explained that their small catches were sufficient to meet their needs and those of their families.

"But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"We sleep late, fish a little, play with our children,
and take siestas with our wives.
In the evenings, we go into the village to see our friends,
have a few drinks, play the drums, and sing a few songs.
We have a full life." ..

The tourist interrupted,
"I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you!
You should start by fishing longer every day.
You can then sell the extra fish you catch.
With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."

"And after that?"

"With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.
Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.

You can then leave this little village and move to Abuja ,Los Angels or even New York City !

From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?"

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting, "
answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big,
you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the fishermen.

"After that you'll be able to retire,
live in a tiny village near the coast,
sleep late, play with your children,
catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife
and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

“ That’s what I am doing right now” replied the fisherman.

5 Likes

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

A Marvellous story kiss

This story is for you:

A boat docked in a tiny Ijaw fishing village.

A tourist complimented the local fishermen on the quality of their fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

"Not very long." they answered in unison.

"Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?"

The fishermen explained that their small catches were sufficient to meet their needs and those of their families.

"But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"We sleep late, fish a little, play with our children,
and take siestas with our wives.
In the evenings, we go into the village to see our friends,
have a few drinks, play the guitar, and sing a few songs.
We have a full life." ..

The tourist interrupted,
"I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you!
You should start by fishing longer every day.
You can then sell the extra fish you catch.
With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."

"And after that?"

"With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.
Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.

You can then leave this little village and move to Abuja ,Los Angels or even New York City !

From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?"

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting, "
answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big,
you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the fishermen.

"After that you'll be able to retire,
live in a tiny village near the coast,
sleep late, play with your children,
catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife
and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

“ That’s what I am doing right now” replied the fisherman.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / Lady Becomes Homeless After Sowing Her House Rent As Seed To Pastor / Happy 80th Birthday To Pastor E.A.. Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.