Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,495 members, 7,964,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:24 AM

Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat (30669 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike... On Aljazeera (the Stream) Today By 16:00GMT/ 5pm Local Time / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by BB013(m): 7:51am On Aug 31, 2013
E go better! E go better!! na dey kill poor man..
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by immaq8(f): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2013
There's a say d@ stated, if two elephant fights d ground will suffer it. Indeed we (student) should continue 2 observe & bear it jxt like a wrestling btw Undertaker & Shan Michael. It will b a shame if ASUU shld end d strike without a good resolution & later embark on a new one by next yr. It would b a downfall if d so called ASUU is fighting 4 their personal pocket instead 4 d benefits of d great nigerian universities. Bt FG being stingy will not move nigeria 4ward. I arrest my case, time 2 prepare 4 fashion design training. AN IDLE MIND IS D DEVILS' WORKSHOP.

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by bloglover(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2013
This is sadonic, lugubrious, in a state of dismal pismal, hocus pocus and higgledy piggledy.. cool
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by MyMouth(m): 8:01am On Aug 31, 2013
# in Abati's voice# i see the hand of buhari and tinubu in this.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Burger01(m): 8:09am On Aug 31, 2013
Am tired of all these shaits! Why can't we start revolution in this country against those shameless polithieves? Damn! It's about time bur who's gonna lead the revolt? Somebody please give me a crommer, i need to dispense that Atiku shait to the caves beyond.

angry
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by abombom(m): 8:11am On Aug 31, 2013
Endtime tinz moni...
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by chiteny(m): 8:15am On Aug 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Venchy: 8:22am On Aug 31, 2013
This is no life, start...strike...start....strike. ...3 years course will take 6 years....ummm, clear crystal Elements of corruption
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by deeptesting(m): 8:26am On Aug 31, 2013
This nonsense will continue to rear its ugly head in all sectors of our nation.....Nigerian Youth come out to protest NO! I no wan die......Come out to vote NO! Wetin concern me.....I wish all countries can ban Nigerians from travellling to their country...Be the change you want to see.

2 Likes

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Youngzedd(m): 8:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Birniwa: That is Nigeria for you. Though, the lecturers and ASUU officials are not to be blamed. Probably they are doing this for the good of our tomorrow leaders.

We patiently wait until this longing strike is called off, in the mean time, business on point!!! grin

ASUU members are doing this for their selfish interest.

ASUU is filled with old cargos.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by adiposus: 8:34am On Aug 31, 2013
AFTER AROUND 30YRS OF NEAR CONTINOUS ASUU STRIKE,WHAT HAS ASUU. ACHIEVED ....NOTHING FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES BUT INCREASE IN THEIR PERSONNAL WEALTH,RETIREMENT UNTIL YOU DIE,SALE OF ADMISSISIONS AND EXAMS,MORE POWER ETC.......WHILE THE UNIVERSITIES CONTINUE TO CRUMBLE!
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Youngzedd(m): 8:34am On Aug 31, 2013
Sam0: No body should just put the blame on GEJ,becox when all the agreement was made with ASSU he knew ntn about it,he was just unlucky to meet all this shits rocking our country.

GBAM.

The old id1ot Atiku dey there dey talk shit.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2013
Easyfren: In as much as I don't support the action of the FG, I see it as the peak of neo colonization, myopia and unpatriotism to take our national issue for debate on foreign radio. How many times have Americans, British, Saudis or French bring their national issues for debate or discussion on our radio stations? Or does it mean that they don't have serious issues? During Atiku's tenure as VP, ASUU embarked on one of the longest strikes in Nigeria and Atiku had no positive contribution to end the strike or its recurrence except building a University that many Nigerians cannot send their children.
You are talking about patriotism, are you kiddig me, what has the nation done to instill patriotism, what you define is blind patriotism, other nation place values in he educational system, its a shame that we have a consistent pattern of a fialed education system and all you,re worried about is taking this to an international scene, am sure you,re the unpatriotic one, since you don,t want this issue being tackled.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 31, 2013
I've just seen 3 of my Facebook friends responses in Mukina's screenshots.

It's really interesting how they have a lot to say about ASUU....considering they all schooled abroad undecided
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 31, 2013
jackbauersballs: I've just seen 3 of my Facebook friends responses in Mukina's screenshots.

It's really interesting how they have a lot to say about ASUU....considering they all schooled abroad undecided

Doesn,t mean they should be interested in the affair, i went to a private school and schooled abroad because of strike issues my brother faced, if the situation was better do you think they would be there in the first place, no ones wants to spend alot on education trust me but its the way it is now.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by briliantsak(m): 8:50am On Aug 31, 2013
Sam0: No body should just put the blame on GEJ,becox when all the agreement was made with ASSU he knew ntn about it,he was just unlucky to meet all this shits rocking our country.
ha! He didnt knew anything? Was he nt the Vp then? Is nt gov continuous anymore? As far as i cld rememba, he dialogue with ASUU 4 3wks nd found no solution nt until yaradua return 4rm saudi arabia nd took over d negotiation datz wen d mou was reached.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 31, 2013
pc guru:

Doesn,t mean they should be interested in the affair, i went to a private school and schooled abroad because of strike issues my brother faced, if the situation was better do you think they would be there in the first place, no ones wants to spend alot on education trust me but its the way it is now.

At least one of them is the a twin son of a currently high ranking government official. Lol
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by tayork(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2013
Untill we Nigerian start τ̅☺ protest like Egypt, †ђξ government will still take us as A̶̲̥̅̊ fool
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by dagr8oy: 8:54am On Aug 31, 2013
vet707: GEJ is so insensitive. Nobody forced the FG to sign any agreement with ASUU. It's now to fulfill their side of the deal, but instead all we are hearing is another story. Our universities are dying, GEJ is happy! cry

the agreement was made during yaradua's regime,,,,am not saying that Gej shuld not do anythin....but we shuldn't blame it all on him
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by awodman: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2013
Atiku should shut the fvck up...if he and Obasanjo had solved this problem during their 8 years tenure,we won't be talking of dis sh! t now...

Instead you went ahead and built one of the most xpensive private univs in Naija..American Univ of Nigeria,Yola..even while still in office and your boss built Bells univ Ota.

Imagine a hypocrite looking for a cheap route to gain some political relevance...
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by cfola: 9:12am On Aug 31, 2013
Goverment and Dons should look to cheaper and modern means of educating our youths at both secondary and tetiary levels.

Brickwall education is gradually facing extinction as Communication is getting very sofisticated now.

Instead of wasting money building classrooms and 10000seater halls all around the country, the government should look into building Server infrastructures that can accommodate students communication and interactions with their lecturers.

Lecturers can stay at home and take a whole lot more number of students online than would if he was limited to a lecture hall of 1000capacity.

Are our students at home up to the 100Million plus people on Facebook?, A Nigerian Tetiary Education portal Server of facebook capacity will accommodate all undergraduates in Nigeria.

Lecturers will handle courses and curriculum with their select students and so on. Only when needed will there be physical meetings.

Monies saved from implementing this project can be used on Researches or the funding the schools are asking for.

These Dons are supposed to be our country's tink-tank but I am surprised they are not thinking in this line in discussing a way out with Government.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by dagr8oy: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2013
Govt shuld fulfill dia promise bt let me ask, in d case of state universities where each student pays more than #100,000 per section, what happens 2 those money? smone shuld put me tru pls.

If ASUU succed in gettin dia tequest, they shuld devise a means of checkin d lecturers cos most of them are causing learning disabilities 2 dia students, makin use of outdated handouts, sortin etc.

I wish there could be a way of recording each lecture delivered by any lecturer. Hav u bin in a class where a lecturer's entry behavior is 'you empty brains dat can neva learn anytin, am here just to fulfill all righteousness'?

What am sayin is dat ASUU shuld also check d lecturers attitude towards students

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by lertee(f): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2013
bloglover: This is sadonic, lugubrious, in a state of dismal pismal, hocus pocus and higgledy piggledy.. cool
Only if this could solve the problem undecided
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Ojestas(m): 9:24am On Aug 31, 2013
Yomieluv: funny but true,i spent 6 years for a four year course,Nigeria is a failed state,God bless me enough,i dont want my children to school here.....its only in Nigeria that a baby given birth to when you entered 100 level,would be planning to enter JSS1 before you graduate.....smh
same story here
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Gpius(m): 9:27am On Aug 31, 2013
D issue is our govt is blind 2 d plight of d citizenry...evry sector in nigeria is bcoming worst...d only option dat we have is to pray a change of leadershp and/or a prayer 4 God's will 2 b done bt 4 nw make we student go fyn work do until GEJ wake up 4 him slumber...
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Sheuns(m): 9:27am On Aug 31, 2013
Personally I dont like this so called ASUU or wateva they might be. Ever since they have been striking over the years their main aim of striking is to increase their salaries dat's what is always prior to them, they talk less of the AFFECTED ie the students. When they are on this strike they do not work rather sit at home or some of them that have businesses of their own wil have enough time to face it. By the end of the month they will receive alerts that their salaries (that they did not work for) has been paid. I think the best thing to do is to dissolve ASUU and let each universities in the nation be left to run individually. This can only be possible if the students say YES for ASUU to be gone. I rest my case.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Sheuns(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2013
Gpius: D issue is our govt is blind 2 d plight of d citizenry...evry sector in nigeria is bcoming worst...d only option dat we have is to pray a change of leadershp and/or a prayer 4 God's will 2 b done bt 4 nw make we student go fyn work do until GEJ wake up 4 him slumber...
Pray pray pray our grandparents prayed so did our parents we the children too are praying, YES prayer get answered. The best thing to do is let's find a way to chase away all the present leaders we have in government now if possible execute dem all, for CHRIST these people are old and they wont be in our future that they are ruining now. Our future is in our hands not theirs.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by 4peace(m): 9:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Why?

You were about to blame it all on the opposition and collect your naira?

our knowledge and understanding are different cool

Question on ground is not who to blame but what are the way forward?

Ok GEJ cause,so what next

ASUU problems started some decades ago not July.

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by emmirachus(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2013
Breaking News : ASUU FINALLY
SUSPENDS STRIKE ... After a crucial
meeting held at Abuja today, the
National President of the Academic
Staff Union of Universities, (ASUU) Dr.
Nasir Fagge said the federal
government and the union have
finally reached a compromise and the
strike has finally been called off sequel
to the fact that their needs have been
met by the federal government. He
urged students to go back to their
various schools and start work,and
also lamented that the lecturers
should resume work too but they
should not teach the students until
Kano Pillars wins UEFA Champions
League . In his final statement,he said
students should go and learn a trade
and leave ASUU and FG alone to
continue their SEASON FILM ..
m
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Chibuhealth(f): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2013
mikeoh: This country no get shame for eye...the government should make a reform either by increasing school fees,nd making the school automous let thm run their affairs, generate funds from studnts,businesses runing inside the school campus to fund the system why government provide a means student can get accees to funds at least 60 % to fund their fees
you are psychologically imbalance. increase the school fees? from whose pocket? or dont u knw that poor man's children are in the university? ur ideas are bored.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Kingspin(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2013
Are we saying FG should take over state owned institutions and pay them salaries and at the same time takes care of the 30 federal universities across Nigeria apart from building structures..We pay alot of dues and higher amounts of school fee to state government. So, is about who employed you and to large extent should reliably pay you. That is general why FG is finding it difficult to pay lectures of 36 State owned universities established by state governments and rather choose to improve on the infrastructions by releasing 100billion for structures and 30billions for lectures because it not binding on them to solely pay salaries on behalf of state established universities..thats what i think.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / Unspeakable Thing About Medical Schools In Nigeria / Unilag Cut Off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.