Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,383 members, 7,881,385 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. (17754 Views)

Earth Will Experience 15 Days Of Complete Darkness In November 2015?-NASA / Voting Ends As Counting Starts In Imo / My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by solomon111(m): 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
Isiterere:

Argument is to be avoided with a f**l like you cos u lack understanding.
Did I hear you say Obudu cable car (Tourism)?
BRF is doing this for public transportation at the expense of private sector.
Seems you have problem with comprehension; BRF is the first governor embarking on such for public transportation
Well,since it's for public transportation i will congratulate him if he does it.
Fashola promise too much and do too little.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Bizibi(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
Well,till i see it before i say anything because nigeria politicians are already planning fr the election year

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by ba7man(m): 2:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
solomon111: Well,since it's for public transportation i will congratulate him if he does it.
Fashola promise too much and do too little.
He's bringing in the private sector to acomplish it.

PPP is the future of development.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
A businessman (Michael Dopplemayr), whose family owned company has made cable cars for over a hundred years and is the largest maker of cable cars in the world, sees a documentary about Lagos ( "Welcome To Lagos" ) and decides to build a cable car system in Lagos.

He conducts research, contacts Nigerian businessmen, they set up Ropeways Nigeria Limited, get a loan from the African Development Bank and a license from Lamata and begin preparations to build the ropeway system.

Where does taxpayers money come in?
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
naptu2: A businessman (Michael Dopplemayr), whose family owned company has made cable cars for over a hundred years and is the largest maker of cable cars in the world, sees a documentary about Lagos ( "Welcome To Lagos" ) and decides to build a cable car system in Lagos.

He conducts research, contacts Nigerian businessmen, they set up Ropeways Nigeria Limited, get a loan from the African Development Bank and a license from Lamata and begin preparations to build the ropeway system.

As reliable as naptu2. Always spot on. Thanks for clearing things up.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Shinor(m): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
REHOZIBAH: Wunderbar! Where there's no vision....the people perish...

Fashola keeps putting the sword to every attempt to make Lagos operate like a junkyard with clinical and classical cutting edge democratic deliverables

Big Up unnu chest Oga Fashola!
REHOZIBAH mi idren. Nuff respect in every aspect. Ah long time FASHOLA did ah run de place . Jah know
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by cornelin(m): 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
BAYO: Ayo, my daddy say e go buy moto for me next year.
AYO: Na me go dey help you drive am go everywhere, voom, vooom, voooom... If the moto enta gallop na so we go do kete, gbede, ikpum, comot for the gallop.
BAYO: Abi you dey mad? Sey na my moto you want carry enta gallop abi?
AYO: No vex na.
'I can't help but laugh at the numerous comments I'm seeing in this thread. Let's wait and see the first cable line before we start blowing our triumpets'

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 3:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
Obiagelli:
As reliable as naptu2. Always spot on. Thanks for clearing things up.

Thanks.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by pcnwamadi(m): 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
i wish Nigeria's look beyond stupid zoning system and vote people like this to be the president of this country, things will never remain thesame. how can this country be blessed with a man like this, with proven track record of performance and yet we are still considering the likes of buhari, tambuwal to rule this country.. am a stunch member of PDP, if fashola comes out for presidency, believe me, i and my entire house hold will vote for him, doesnt matter his party of affiliation, if him like make him join NDP.. this are the kind of people we need at the hem of airfares to take this country to promise land.
click like if you agree with me.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
Naptu, please is there any progress/update at all on the LRT?
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
This is how we are going to get rid of the trouble makers and their dirty spare parts nonsense, they are going to die naturally and fade away for good due to the laws of demand and supply.

With all the pending transportation options from the Metro to BRT, LAGBUS, EKO WATER AND NOW CABLE CARS, the need to buy cars, to repair cars that you hardly drive diminishes, the pressure on our roads diminishes which also means less wear and tear on cars which means less need for parts and repairs.

Eko o ni baje o...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by seanet02: 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
agbameta: This is how we are going to get rid of the trouble makers and their dirty spare parts nonsense, they are going to die naturally and fade away for good due to the laws of demand and supply.

With all the pending transportation options from the Metro to BRT, LAGBUS, EKO WATER AND NOW CABLE CARS, the need to buy cars, to repair cars that you hardly drive diminishes, the pressure on our roads diminishes which also means less wear and tear on cars which means less need for parts and repairs.

Eko o ni baje o...

wicked boy
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
naptu2: A businessman (Michael Dopplemayr), whose family owned company has made cable cars for over a hundred years and is the largest maker of cable cars in the world, sees a documentary about Lagos ( "Welcome To Lagos" ) and decides to build a cable car system in Lagos.

I'm glad they are going with the best in the business.

Capable of moving many thousand of people/hour with almost zero emission and pollution, low cost and consistency, this looks like the best overall mode of transportation especially in a place like Lagos..
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by TheBookWorm: 4:15pm On Aug 31, 2013
One cannot stay angry with Fashola when they see his achievements. smiley
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by bloggernaija: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
dvdon: After all d overhyping yet 4th worst city in d world.
Once Lagos gets depopulated via repatriations,the bulldozers will move in to make it a liveable city once again .
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: wicked boy

I know they are hard learners and they tend not to see writings on the wall which they always pay for and end up crying and playing victim..
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
django1: Naptu, please is there any progress/update at all on the LRT?

Yes. Phase 1 (National Theatre - Mile 2) is almost complete. Work has started on Phase 2 (Mile 2-Okokomaiko) and they will soon award the contract for Phase 3 (National Theatre-Marina).

Phase 1 was very difficult because of the terrain and things buried under the ground, so they had to get Julius Berger to do the road while CCECC did the rail system. CCECC will undertake Phase 2 which is much easier. I suspect the Phase 3 will also be difficult because they are going to build a cable-stayed bridge (like the Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge).

There's a thread with which we monitor progress on the project. I'll get the link for you.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 4:59pm On Aug 31, 2013

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2013

[img]http://gondola.trtc.com.tw/public/MMO/gondola/howtoplay_04.jpg[/img]

The glass-floored cars, dubbed the "Eyes of Maokong Gondola joined the Maokong Gondola service on Nov. 2nd, galvanizing the attraction of the cable car system between Taipei's Muzha suburb and the mountainous Maokong area. (China Times)

The glass-floored cars, dubbed the "Eyes of Maokong Gondola, "allow passengers to enjoy more conveniently the beautiful scenery while riding between Taipei's southern Muzha suburb and the mountainous Maokong area, said the Taipei Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Corp., the gondola's operator.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by GeneralJ(m): 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
eledalo: Im suprised Nigerians are still so easily fooled by federal, state and local governments.
Isn't 2015 an election year?
And what of phase 1 of the light rail that was to be complete by June?
https://www.nairaland.com/1156265/lagos-light-rail-ready-june/3

Do you even read the NEWS
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
I love that. I hope they equip the Cable car network with special see through cars like ^^^^^^^.

I'll even pay extra to enjoy the Lagos landscape from above..
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 5:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
Check out the London Emirates Ropeways, also built by Doppelmayr.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
GeneralJ:

Do you even read the NEWS

eledalo: sharap- gej is working pdp is working

One of his many posts so it's easy to see why he's so dull, retardation is not new to him.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
naptu2: Check out the London Emirates Ropeways, also built by Doppelmayr.

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by anonimi: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
ba7man: He's bringing in the private sector to acomplish it.

PPP is the future of development.

I guess with the wuru wuru finances of Lagos that has resulted in over N= 600 billion debt with very little to show on the ground for it, indeed PPP is the future of development.

Anyone remembers the floating Sunborn yatch hotel
That was only a few years ago in this same Lagos run by the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN that has now transformed into the Arewa People's Congress, APC.

Gallery: Faces of Corruption

This is the "Lagos Floating Hotel" once touted as the 9th wonder of the World, according to the Lagos State commissioner of tourism, Tokumboh Afikuyomi. The Lagos State Gov't recently told a bewildered public that it is now privately -owned, but it used to be referred to as a "Public Private Partnership" until the lifeless boat made it to Lagos by way of a tugboat.

Also the Lagos state government funded journalists, Traditional Rulers and federal officials to attend the handing over event of the boat in London last year. Who owns this floating hotel and how much of Lagos state funds went into the venture before it was smartly turned over to the smart private owners? Fast-Shola, kindly provide some answers devoid of too much lawyering!

Oh by the way, when is the first guest checking into this hotel? Reservations please!

http://saharareporters.com/photo/lagos-floating-hotel

How many international finance guys can decode the LASG implication, at least through GUARANTEES, in securing the AfDB loan that naptu2 mentioned in his post above.
What did the masked one, Lagbaja, call us the other day

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by cornelin(m): 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
agbameta: This is how we are going to get rid of the trouble makers and their dirty spare parts nonsense, they are going to die naturally and fade away for good due to the laws of demand and supply.

Eko o ni baje o...

Hey man, you can't ignorantly understimate the industrious ability of the ibos. I bet once the cable transport comes to stay, it won't be long before the ibos takes over the spare parts business.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by agbameta: 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
cornelin:
Hey man, you can't ignorantly understimate the industrious ability of the ibos. I bet once the cable transport comes to stay, it won't be long before the ibos takes over the spare parts business.

You think this is your kind of dirty roadside alaba shop kind of business.

Must you people think so lame, crude and crass?
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by anonimi: 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
This is from the wikipedia link provided by naptu:

The Emirates Air Line (also known as the Thames cable car) is a cable car link across the River Thames in London built by Doppelmayr with sponsorship from the airline Emirates. The service opened on 28 June 2012 and is operated by Transport for London. It has an average ridership of 31,601 passenger journeys a week.

The service, announced in July 2010 and estimated to cost £60 million, comprises a 1-kilometre (0.62 mi) gondola line that crosses the Thames from the Greenwich Peninsula to the Royal Docks. Construction began in August 2011. The cable car is based on Monocable Detachable Gondola (MDG) technology, a system which uses a single cable for both propulsion and support, such as that used on the metrocable in Medellín, Colombia. The MDG system is reportedly cheaper and quicker to install than a more complex three-cable system which would allow for larger-capacity cars.

The Doppelmayrs don't do cable cars for free- PPP or not, they must be SPONSORED by the beneficiary.
Dem nor be charitable organisation.
Do the maths!
If it smells like a scam, reads like a scam then it surely must be a scam!!
Go figure!!!
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by dbty(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
The future is for those that can see far beyond today. We all appreciate good Development but ve we ever thought of the life that ve been lost,food that has been taken away from pples table,young children futures that has been destroyed.we all applause and celebrate injustice,oppression and racism. wouldn't it be unfair if majority(poor masses) of the developing society are murdered and destroyed at the expense of development. Must we infringed,Rape and steal citizens rite because we are ambitious and we want to show the world that we are working.who are we developing the state for?the Rich that ve spent their life abroad or the citizen that dwell in that society and voted for a candidate to govern them.
Having appreciate what Fashola is doing in Lagos, I think it is our civic responsibility to do things in line with rule of law and think about future of the development we are appreciating today.
Fashola is an ambitious dictator whose Government is only for the rich that did not go out to vote.
Fashola is planting Hatred in lagos state and I fear for the harvest that Ϟ•̸ill come out of it. all your praises Ϟ•̸ill not be able to Quench the explosion of this hatred. Its just a matter of time.
Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by Jethrovich(m): 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
I appreciate what Fashola is doing, but must we always come with Yoruba or South West any time he does something?
Last time I checked Lagos is not mainly populated by the yorubas, one way or the other everyone has contributed to the Lagos of today.
Yeah I can vote for Fashola to be President, not because he is a Yoruba man but by what he has done. The day we start looking at Nigeria First before we look at what part of the country we are from, the better.
At this time of the Century we are still tribalistic, meaning that you would have persecuted the blacks if you were the Whites, because you still have the mindset they had left long ago.

Long Live Nigeria!!!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Cable Car Network. Construction Starts In November.. by naptu2: 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
anonimi: This is from the wikipedia link provided by naptu:

The Doppelmayrs don't do cable cars for free- PPP or not, they must be SPONSORED by the beneficiary.
Dem nor be charitable organisation.
Do the maths!
If it smells like a scam, reads like a scam then it surely must be a scam!!
Go figure!!!

So Emirates Airlines is the beneficiary?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency: Controversial Statements Of 2020 / Ganduje Launches Rice Harvest Programme In Kano (Photos) / "I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.