Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,268 members, 7,964,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:32 AM

Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? (2881 Views)

The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently / Nominate Your Worst Politician Of The Past 5 Decade / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
kunlekunle:

that kicked ita out of office in the eastern region for none iboish

You are one reason among numerous others people have issues with Awololowo’s so-called free education.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by aryzgreat: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
Nnamdi Azikiwe

Tafawa Balewa

Ikemba ojukwu

Awolowo

Alex Ekwueme

Obasanjo

In dat order!

For regional politicians.

Ojukwu - south east

Awolowo - south west

Balewa - North
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: where is the truth there? Igbo

The truth remains that Awolowo who could not rent one-room office in Ibadan for preparing affidavit for his clients can not and never suddenly built Stadium, skyscrapers and TV stations, oblong-headed olodo.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

The truth remains that Awolowo who could not rent one-room office in Ibadan for preparing affidavit for his clients can not and never suddenly built Stadium, skyscrapers and TV stations, oblong-headed olodo.

Did he build all those things from his savings as a lawyer? grin Did Azikiwe build roads with his own money?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by striker07(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
The late sage chief obafemi awolowo, if i am allowed to choose two, my second most respected will be adekunle ajasin
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by drdams: 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Aja wot!!! We r talking of pple respected by d larger percentage of d entire Naija Populace.
We r talking of House hold names..
striker07: The late sage chief obafemi awolowo, if i am allowed to choose two, my second most respected will be adekunle ajasin
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by T8ksy(m): 3:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

The truth remains that Awolowo who could not rent one-room office in Ibadan for preparing affidavit for his clients [b]can not and never[/b]suddenly built Stadium, skyscrapers and TV stations, oblong-headed olodo.

What truth? What the hell are you babbling about? Methink, you've lost your mind, "Prof.".
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Aigbofa:

Did he build all those things from his savings as a lawyer? grin Did Azikiwe build roads with his own money?

I guess sometimes people tend to stumble onto the truth unconsciously. Awolowo did not build a block anywhere in what is known as Nigeria. Western regional government of Nigeria built all that have been erroneously arrogated to Awolowo.

Azikiwe stood up organization by his personal money that gave jobs and meaningful lives to the likes of Anthony Enahoro, Ola Balogun and few who became leaders in Ghana. I have said that Nigeria needs to encourage the growth in mind and constructive thinking among its citizens not growth in concrete and corrugated iron structures.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Degis(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess sometimes people tend to stumble onto the truth unconsciously. Awolowo did not build a block anywhere in what is known as Nigeria. Western regional government of Nigeria built all that have been erroneously arrogated to Awolowo.

Azikiwe stood up organization by his personal money that gave jobs and meaningful lives to the likes of Anthony Enahoro, Ola Balogun and few who became leaders in Ghana. I have said that Nigeria needs to encourage the growth in mind and constructive thinking among its citizens not growth in concrete and corrugated iron structures.

Please, whenever they share cigarette, Indian hemp and cocaine, try and pass up that opportunity because the rate at which your mental acuity is declining is horrific to say the least. Which Politician in the Whole of Africa has achieved 1/10 of what Chief Jeremiah Oyeniyi Obafemi Awolowo has done in the last century?.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Degis:

Please, whenever they share cigarette, Indian hemp and cocaine, try and pass up that opportunity because the rate at which your mental acuity is declining is horrific to say the least. Which Politician in the Whole of Africa has achieved 1/10 of what Chief Jeremiah Oyeniyi Obafemi Awolowo has done in the last century?.

Have you ever contemplated that what reverberates in your underdeveloped mind as an achievement could be a piece of thrash to people with well organized social order? No wonder people outside Nigeria rightfully believed Nigerians are noisemakers.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

The job of a good leader is not to build anything for us with his own money but to manage our collective wealth in a purposeful, honest and transparent way.
And for that I think pa Jeremiah was excellent.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Akpaife(m): 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
GEJ all d way

God bless u mr president

May ur days be long
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Aigbofa:

The job of a good leader is not to build anything for us with his own money but to manage our collective wealth in a purposeful, honest and transparent way.
And for that I think pa Jeremiah was excellent.

I guess some folks are suffering from the effects of a disease called grandeur of delusion. Awolowo spent barely 4 years as premier of western region yet blind and sycophantic praise singers would want us to believe junks.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess some folks are suffering from the effects of a disease called grandeur of delusion. Awolowo spent barely 4 years as premier of western region yet blind and sycophantic praise singers would want us to believe junks.

Alright, did you build the cocoa house? The WNTV, Liberty Stadium? University of Ife ati bee bee lo?
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 5:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
Aigbofa:

Alright, did you build the cocoa house? The WNTV, Liberty Stadium? University of Ife ati bee bee lo?

I did not build any of those eyesores. But an unconventional wisdom has informed me that you and a tribal icon known as Awolowo did.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

I did not build any of those eyesores. But an unconventional wisdom has informed me that you and a tribal icon known as Awolowo did.

I did not. But isn't it what I have been trying to tell you all day that Awo did! You have to lay off the snuff.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
Late sage chieif pa jeremiah oyeniyi obafemi awolowo
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Aigbofa:

I did not. But isn't it what I have been trying to tell you all day that Awo did! You have to lay off the snuff.

I guess sarcasm flies over your head like a mosquito.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess sarcasm flies over your head like a mosquito.

You are not making any sense sarcasm or otherwise.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by zaboy: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
If Awolowo is the greatest because of his free education policy, what would you say of the Sardauna then? During his time, not only was education free, but students were given pocket money as well!
Truth is, The Northerners will always see Sardauna as the greatest and the westerners Awo, and the East Ojukwu or Zik.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by adim2(m): 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
The truth is that, they have changed the topic to a tribal topic. Am not from the north but i believe the greatest is still AMINO KANO. Even zik was more of a state man politician that some of the so called tribal politicians we are mentioning here.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by seanet02: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

Dendem0ron, please quit smoking wet and assorted weeds. Your brain is too fractured for that brand. You need help.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: Dendem0ron, please quit smoking wet and assorted weeds. Your brain is too fractured for that brand. You need help.
ika ni e agbalagba ni obu yen
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: Dendem0ron, please quit smoking wet and assorted weeds. Your brain is too fractured for that brand. You need help.
ika ni e agbalagba ni obu be yen
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2013

You are human evidence of Awolowo’s so-called free education.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
Aigbofa:

You are not making any sense sarcasm or otherwise.

I guess you are among the junkies who prioritize their schedules. I am not making sense yet you respond to my posts. Such scenario speaks volume about your state of mind.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Paterico: 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
I love and respect my most prominent governor Adams Aliu Oshomole The only governor of Edo State since the era after Alli.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Degis(m): 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
DerideGull:

I guess you are among the junkies who prioritize their schedules. I am not making sense yet you respond to my posts. Such scenario speaks volume about your state of mind.

With your moniker, I am sure you take deriding greatness as a personal hobby. Foolishness is indeed your strong point
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by DerideGull(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
Degis:

With your moniker, I am sure you take deriding greatness as a personal hobby. Foolishness is indeed your strong point

You are perfect example of the saying that stupidity can not be fixed.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by owobokiri(m): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
bloggernaija: There is only one constant in nigerian politics
AWOLOWO.
Even your constitution is a bastardise version of the one he proposed.
He knew every single ethnic nationality and their culture .
He foresaw all the problems that is associated with nigeria and the struggle for control at the centre.
HE WAS LOVED BY HIS LOVED AND RESPECTED BY HIS ADMIRERS AND HATED IN EQUAL MEASURE BY HIS ADVERSARIES.
HE WAS PRINCIPLED ,APPROACHABLE AND CARING BUT CAN BE EQUALLY RUTHLESS WHEN CROSSED.
ALL THE HALLMARK OF A GREAT LEADER.
BUT HIS VOICE WAS IGNORED BY THE ELITE IN THEIR SCRAMBLE FOR THE NATION'S WEALTH.
IMAGINE IN A STATE LIKE BENUE HAVING TIV STATE AND AN IDOMA STATE.IBIOBIO STATE ,ANANG STATE ETC ALL SELF GOVERNING UNIT RELYING ON THEIR OWN RESOURCES WITHIN A BENUE REGION ,CALABAR REGION
WOULD NIGERIA NOT BE MORE STABLE UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS?

At this rate, you can easily sell dog poo for candy. . A man who helped supervise the elimination of well over 3 million children to solidify this embarrassment called Nigeria is somehow the best thing that happened to Nigerians since the invention of pounded yam. Riddle? Maybe in your little world Nigeria begins at Ore and ends at Seme.. Sages are known for the posittivity of ideas even when they are gone.. Take a second look at Nigeria,,.. 3 million people were killed to foist this mess on us. Awolowo played an integral part! How does that make him a great leader? Simply because he was ruthlessly evil..
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by instinctg(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
Lamidi Adedibu (the chief rigging strategist)
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Nigerian Politician Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
Dr Alex Ekwueme; Nigeria's only gentleman in politics. He has been there, done that and borne his gain and loss\pain without making a fuss about it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

So APGA As A Party Is Now Dead And Buried! Thanks To Peter Obi / Ebola: A South Korean Pub Rejects Africans(Picture) / Buhari Floors Gej,atiku,tambuwal And Kwankaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.