Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,053 members, 7,906,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 06:17 PM

Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? (9419 Views)

22 Very Important Google Search Tricks / All Universities To Use The General Cutoff Mark Says DIBU / Did You Use Or Remember Olympic Exercise-Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by drnairalov: 3:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sirmee: wot is this doing on FP?

lool i wonder oo
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Judee99(m): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by ajasa4link: 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yungwizzzy: what is google
ahn ahn,very simple it is the Japanese name for stock fish

2 Likes

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Mcmaye(m): 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
If am not satisfied with what's on the front page, I'll def go to d 2nd
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by YoshiMaster: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yungwizzzy: what is google

Oh boy, na winch oh! In juju too much.

If you ask am anything in go just dey throway the answer, I never see that kin tin before.

1 Like

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by ChiSun27(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
At times na when u don rch d middle page u go c wetn u dey find...u myt even b lucky to c anoda preferred one to one being searched...so if I no c for d first page...I dey click oda pages die.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by nenergy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
While researching for my graduate thesis I clicked up to the 10th page o! It depend on the purpose of search and if the 1st page result is enough.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Emodeee: 3:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Don't knw if I'm permitted to use d word SILLY...dis post is just out of it..- opined dat it's not worthy of front page.
@op I'm nt beefing though.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Olumidzti(m): 3:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
chookudi: Whenever we search online via Google search engine, do we open up and check other pages other than the 1st page? Most times, if what we search for doesn't pop up in the 1st page, we hardly open up other pages..why is this so??
coz we think the results on the first page are the best and most relevant. It's not always true though bt that's how man's programmed.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Victormology: 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
22 years girl kidnapped and raped takes matter to court.
Details available @
http://gbadunaija..com/2013/08/the-unilag-student-who-was-kidnapped.html?m=1
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Divinetouch(m): 3:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
no i use d last page. is dat ok by u?
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2013

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by An0nimus: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sirmee: wot is this doing on FP?
its appearing? grin

@OP there're some nice stuff on google's search 2nd pages just that most times the juicest stuff hits you on the first and there's no need for page 2.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by An0nimus: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
yes sir, I go as far as the 3rd - 4th page. Try searching for how to reset your MID tablet and you'll know how far. As if google don't know the godda.mn tablet existed angry
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by nmaihat: 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yes I almost always go beyond page one depending on d relevance of information supplied on page one to d subject I'm researching on.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by ITbomb(m): 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2013
if I'm looking for free articles , I don't usually open the first 3 links cos I know those ones are mainly sponsored and will be for sale or abstract only . I go mainly to second page
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by tonychristopher: 4:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
chookudi: I don't agree that 2nd page search results are not new...it just happens that not all search results can fit into one page and I don't think the results are always arranged in order of how recent they are

Very correct and I must add that google is an aggregator the results don't emanate or originate from them rather they aggregate or collate data and we have millions of data flying in the virtual world and all can't fit into first page depending on the screen dimension of the hardware!

The result in a laptop won't be the same as a phone

Its intellectual laziness will cause not to check other google pages

Very correct and I must add that google is an aggregator the results don't emanate or originate from them rather they aggregate or collate data and we have millions of data flying in the virtual world and all can't fit into first page depending on the screen dimension of the hardware!

The result in a laptop won't be the same as a phone

Its intellectual laziness will cause not to check other google pages

1 Like

Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by jworos(m): 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
D default settins 4 google is 10 result per page,to save urself d stress of goin 2 oda pages change it to 100 per page,u wont v to go to d nxt page if u dnt fynd wat u'r lukin 4.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by lonelydora: 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
Even on Nairaland, anything outside 1st page, count me out.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by alotofgrace(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
up 2 d 5th sayf
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by drdams: 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
Do u use featured link (twitter and facebook) on the front page of Nairaland too?

Well, if u jam mata wey dey complicated, u ll even search till d 5th page.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by seangy4konji: 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
End time tinzzz...do wot u want to do and go away before rapture meets you there.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by imperiouxx(m): 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
Nkonadi: If it aint on Google 1st page, Then it does not exist. LOL

This isn't correct. When you're searching research articles or works, you need to search to at least the mid page.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by toluxa1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
This google Sef Na End time tins oooo
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yes....that's if I'm desperate,and finding it difficult to get whatever I'm looking for.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
Yes.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by drdams: 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Plz help ; wot is it wit dis "end time tins " slogan dat has suddenly become an anthem on nairaland?

Biko, I want2 no
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
Krasid: Rarely.All the Information you need is in the first page, the second page is just an alternative.

True!
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
I click on page 10.

It all depends on the gravity of the problem I'm trying to get a solution for. If it's something that thoughts can resolve, I stop at page 1, else, I go on and on.

If I still can't find it, I will be forced to switch to Devil Finder.

Meanwhile, why most people don't go to page 2 (including me) is because Google claims to have the best results/answers on the front page.
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by phoneport(m): 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
By the way what are u people discussing?
Re: Do You Use The 2nd Page Of Google Search Results? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
I remember when my lecturer gives an assignment and almost everybody will write thesame thing just because we all open google search and copy the information that was found on the 1st page including the references without opening other pages and he will mark us low because he taught all the people that wrote thesame thing copy from each other,but what happen is that we all used google to copy and paste the info that comes up on the 1st page. I later find out people that open other pages apart from the 1st page scored higher. I think the problem is not having enough patience or time to open other pages while we find something related to our search in the 1st page not knowing by opening other pages we might find more relevant materials that can be very useful to our research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Student Challenges - How To Manage Exam Stress / Direct Entry Form: / LASU Postgraduate Programme 2016/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.