Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,964 members, 7,873,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:02 AM

Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria (15039 Views)

Angola, Hit By Collapse Of Oil Prices, Seeks IMF Aid / Saudi Arabia Seeks $6-8 Billion Loan To Shore Up State Coffers / Does Obama Need Congressional Approval To Bomb Syria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2013
MostHigh:

Fret not thyself because of the scoffer smiley neither be thou envious of him for he shall soon be cut down like grass and wither as the green herb.

grin grin

Trust in the Lord.
Top of the morning to you Sire wink
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by 50calibre(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
Joel.:
china is only dancing to the gallery for cheap popularity in the world politics and international scene. russia also. world power my foot. when it happens the chinese will only abandoned assad. the russia aswell are very good in moving noise. who can challenge america? no body.

Says who? You seem to forget that Russian foreign policy is largely determined by who is in power at that given time, under medvedev, I agree Russia wouldn't want to stick their heads out to far, probably the way they did Libya, but under Putin? I don't think so.

1 - Russia has already stuck its head out too far already, it would be a total wasted effort to turn back now.

2 - Russia ( especially Putin ) feels betrayed about what happened in Libya, he's going to put his foot down on this one.

3 - Syria is strategic to russia, in the sense that Syria holds the only Russian military base in the Middle East.

As for china, I might agree because for them, economic interest always remain paramount in their decision making.

And FYI russia has moved their battle ships to the Mediterranean already, just monitoring the situation

Don't make it sound like America is God

1 Like

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 01, 2013
Asad is a bloodthirsty mass murderer & no sane soul shuld support him xcept murderers/ heartless weapon merchants!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by MostHigh: 11:54am On Sep 01, 2013
obadiah777: Top of the morning to you Sire wink

And to you also Sire

Nimrod be playing mind control games on the masses Sire. smiley

The elect have gone past the event already, all that remains is manifestation.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by 50calibre(m): 11:54am On Sep 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: come on shut up. so you want sit tight leaders to keep killing their ppl to the extent of using chemical weapons just because they've chosen to have a say on who rules them. you don't know without the US we would still be having genocide in this present day and time. If u support a military action against Assad's dictarorial regime in Syria plz click like

Another brainwashed sheep been dragged along.

What evidence have you see that indicates Assad used chemical weapons, are the rebels themselves not guilty of war crimes as well?

4 Likes

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by idu1(m): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2013
[quote
author=Mayor_of_Lagos]

Yes, global politics affect us directly and i am not novice in global
affairs or its analysis, however, isnt it time that America change its
game plan and approach to the porting of democratic principles and
corporate capitalism around the globe?

Its almost predictable that they willl oust Assad and in the end install
a regime which in few months from now they will decry as human rights
violators. Time after time, go in the history, every regime ever
installed by America has turned out to be a failure and against the
people their crusade is advocaying to save.

How is Syria going to be different from the falsehood of Iraq?[/quote] Thank u my bro for this good analysis. who knows if america is behind boko haram terror campaign!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by ekeksbaba: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2013
Soon US will fight Nigeria to help change our government because of boko boys!!!! In d name of world peace.

NDI OJOO hav they ever "helped" any country witout personal interest? Study history well and u will know.

NDI ILLUMNATI

1 Like

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2013
MostHigh:

And to you also Sire

Nimrod be playing mind control games on the masses Sire. smiley

The elect have gone past the event already, all that remains is manifestation.

the matter is already decided in the spiritual realm. we are waiting for the physical manifestation. indeed poignant words from you Sire. the bolded that is wink

oh yeah its all mind control. AIPAC owns congress.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by bookface: 11:58am On Sep 01, 2013
50calibre:

Says who? You seem to forget that Russian foreign policy is largely determined by who is in power at that given time, under medvedev, I agree Russia wouldn't want to stick their heads out to far, probably the way they did Libya, but under Putin? I don't think so.

1 - Russia has already stuck its head out too far already, it would be a total wasted effort to turn back now.

2 - Russia ( especially Putin ) feels betrayed about what happened in Libya, he's going to put his foot down on this one.

3 - Syria is strategic to russia, in the sense that Syria holds the only Russian military base in the Middle East.

As for china, I might agree because for them, economic interest always remain paramount in their decision making.

And FYI russia has moved their battle ships to the Mediterranean already, just monitoring the situation

Don't make it sound like America is God

Russia moving its battle ships to the Mediterranean sea does not imply that Russia will strike American warships in the event that America strikes at Syria. The gesture is mostly symbolic to the Assad regime that he is not alone. The ships are also ready to convey thousands of Russians currently living in Syria back to Russia in the event of a major escalation.

I have said several times, Russia can scream and shout, but they wouldn't risk complete damnation for anyone, much especially for a war torn Syria.

Russian ships in the Mediterranean wouldn't stand in the way should congress vote for a US strike.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by malele(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2013
mu2sa2: So if Assad forces used chemical weapons against civilians, the US has the right to bomb Syria and kill more innocent people? This wicked world! Who bails out the weak?

Read ur news before commenting, go to google news u will get a lot.
Stop commenting like a baby
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by ekeksbaba: 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
Soon US will fight Nigeria to help change our government because of boko boys!!!! In d name of world peace.

NDI OJOO hav they ever "helped" any country witout personal interest? Study history well and u will know.

End time tinz
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
see, people dont know what this war is really about. they think this is about syria and chemical weapons. america NEEDS this war. without this war america as a country is finished. this war is about the american dollar as the reserve currency for oil transactions. if it is removed as the reserve currency for oil transactions america will crumble because the dollar is not backed by anything. it is only backed by being used as a foreign reserve for oil transactions. this is why saddam and ghaddafi were destroyed. they tried rejecting the dollar. well guess who is rejecting the dollar now ? IRAN. so to get to IRAN they have to get syria out of the way. syria is the backdoor to iran. THIS WAR IS NEEDED, AND WILL BE FOUGHT OR ELSE AMERICA AS A COUNTRY WILL DECLINE INTO ANARCHY AND POVERTY IF THEY LET IRAN CONTINUE TO LEAD A GROUP OF NATIONS AWAY FROM THE DOLLAR. IRANS ACTION IS MAKING OTHER NATIONS BRAVE AND THEY CANT HAVE THAT. SO THIS WAR WILL TAKE PLACE OR AMERICA IS FINISHED.

THIS IS NOT A WAR ABOUT CHEMICAL WEAPONS. THIS A WAR TO SAVE THE AMERICAN ECONOMY AND DOMINANCE IN THE WORLD. OF COURSE SPIRITUALLY THIS IS A WAR TO USHER IN THE KINGDOM

1 Like

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Harkyn92(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hw i wish dis america did nt come to existence
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by 50calibre(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
bookface:

Russia moving its battle ships to the Mediterranean sea does not imply that Russia will strike American warships in the event that America strikes at Syria. The gesture is mostly symbolic to the Assad regime that he is not alone. The ships are also ready to convey thousands of Russians currently living in Syria back to Russia in the event of a major escalation.

I have said several times, Russia can scream and shout, but they wouldn't risk complete damnation for anyone, much especially for a war torn Syria.

Russian ships in the Mediterranean wouldn't stand in the way should congress vote for a US strike.

Sure thing!! Russia won't attack american ships, and vice versa, that would be a declaration of war, but what would happen is Russia will scale up its supply of weapons to Assad, which is the same thing America would do if the tables were reversed.

You say it like only Russia and other countries fear damnation, and the US is the all invincible that fears no damnation, are you aware of something called MAD ( mutually assured destruction ) ?

Are you aware that Russia's nuclear arsenal still induces fear into the Americans? Are you aware Russian nuclear stock piles are considerably larger than that of the US, why do you think Obama is so concerned with getting russia to honour the START treaty? Why do you think The US and NAtO are so concerned with planting missile defences in Europe?

However, i agree with you that this conflict isn't going to escalate to that stage, but would destabilise the Middle East and only increase the animosity between the US and Russia.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by veraobi: 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
US remains d devil here. He can u support rebels n arm then
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by 9jaboy007: 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
usa should tell us what day achived in iraq lybia tunisa and d rest,
Rusia is us bigest tret and have one of its main deport in seyria so dat what usa want to control
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by LBT: 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
Joel.:
china is only dancing to the gallery for cheap popularity in the world politics and international scene. russia also, world power my foot. when it happens the chinese will only abandoned assad because currently china ripe for that and will not go to war with america for assad. the russia aswell are very good in making noise without doing anything, although they are good is sponsoring arms but will never join in the war, background baking dogs. who can challenge america? no body. america should go ahead. but obama is only trying to carry everybody the america along with this battle so that they can handle the problem attach to it. not opposing critics. smh
so you think us can single handedly defeat russia in any one on one way war is a joke! The only thing keeping russia back is that america have a lot of allies. Why has america not intervened in 3 years? The fear of russia, russia is the only country on earth that can take on America. Forget all the propaganda because the US and others know it.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by ajanaku2(m): 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
Assad doesn't deserve to live...

I'm sure he's gonna end up like Gaddafi...Time will definitely tell!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Horus(m): 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: come on shut up. so you want sit tight leaders to keep killing their ppl to the extent of using chemical weapons just because they've chosen to have a say on who rules them. you don't know without the US we would still be having genocide in this present day and time. If u support a military action against Assad's dictarorial regime in Syria plz click like

Only fools duck when the truth is thrown at them!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Jomark(m): 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
Joel.:
china is only dancing to the gallery for cheap popularity in the world politics and international scene. russia also, world power my foot. when it happens the chinese will only abandoned assad because currently china ripe for that and will not go to war with america for assad. the russia aswell are very good in making noise without doing anything, although they are good is sponsoring arms but will never join in the war, background baking dogs. who can challenge america? no body. america should go ahead. but obama is only trying to carry everybody the america along with this battle so that they can handle the problem attach to it. not opposing critics. smh
surely! You have no clue ever regarding international politics.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Rimbaldi: 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls, what did US do when Al bashir of Sudan was killing people in sudan? What did it do during the Myanmar situation? What has it done about the Bush 911 debacle? Just to mention a few. They have been looking for an excuse to enter syria since, now it is chemical weapons. But wait a minute...where's the proof that Assad is the perpetrator? Oh! I forgot! They wouldnt want to compromise their intelligence like someone said here earlier. Same Saddam situation playing out here, falsification of evidence just to prosecute a war. Dont they ever get tired of war? They are just bullies. Picking fights with smaller nations. What have they done about china's cruelty to tibet? Or Israel's to palestine? Always looking for new testing grounds for their new weapons systems. I guess there is a NEW WORLD WAR-DER!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Rimbaldi: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
50calibre:

Sure thing!! Russia won't attack american ships, and vice versa, that would be a declaration of war, but what would happen is Russia will scale up its supply of weapons to Assad, which is the same thing America would do if the tables were reversed.

You say it like only Russia and other countries fear damnation, and the US is the all invincible that fears no damnation, are you aware of something called MAD ( mutually assured destruction ) ?

Are you aware that Russia's nuclear arsenal still induces fear into the Americans? Are you aware Russian nuclear stock piles are considerably larger than that of the US, why do you think Obama is so concerned with getting russia to honour the START treaty? Why do you think The US and NAtO are so concerned with planting missile defences in Europe?

However, i agree with you that this conflict isn't going to escalate to that stage, but would destabilise the Middle East and only increase the animosity between the US and Russia.

True talk bro!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Jomark(m): 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: liar. what is your proof. what prove does the Assad's regime have that the opposition did that. America have said that its only the regime that has such capabilities and the seven locations have so far been rebel controlled areas. America cannot let out their proof cos it will compromise their intelligence gathering apparatus but I believe when they show it to congress, they'll get approval. meanwhile instead of Russia to join the debate putin just said everything is rubbish.
Once they show the proves to the congress, then it's true. Abi? You dummy pass toy!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by ichidodo: 12:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
malele:

1million likes.
I don't know why people see americas as devil.
Seriously if to say america no dey most countries for no dey exist now.
If not for allied forces the world for dey under germany now.
If not for america iran for dey under iraq.
People should try and change there mind set.
You know sey dem b haters?!
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Jomark(m): 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
malele:
Hope u have proof
... the guy maybe right cuz they did it with Osama in Afghanistan. So and also in Iran in 1953. CIA, MI6 and MOSSAD are fund of doing such things. You guys have to learn the history of international politics before discussing it...
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by ichidodo: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
Rimbaldi: Pls, what did US do when Al bashir of Sudan was killing people in sudan? What did it do during the Myanmar situation? What has it done about the Bush 911 debacle? Just to mention a few. They have been looking for an excuse to enter syria since, now it is chemical weapons. But wait a minute...where's the proof that Assad is the perpetrator? Oh! I forgot! They wouldnt want to compromise their intelligence like someone said here earlier. Same Saddam situation playing out here, falsification of evidence just to prosecute a war. Dont they ever get tired of war? They are just bullies. Picking fights with smaller nations. What have they done about china's cruelty to tibet? Or Israel's to palestine? Always looking for new testing grounds for their new weapons systems. I guess there is a NEW WORLD WAR-DER!
The use of weapons of mass destruction (chemical weapons) should be frowned upon whatever the injustices is being perpetrated in our world.If the Usa don't do anything then the end of humanity as we know it is here (End time),
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by russianmob27: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
End time thingz....I blame goodluck jonathan and buhari for this angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by CommanderO: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mehn I want america to help kick assad azz for me. As for russia and china the are just noise makers, the gat notin to offer the jus want to deceive al'assad and lure him into lions den.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by kpencheruwe: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Kalvan:

True, It's all Politics. China and Russia can't go to War over Syria.

china will not go to war for syria, they are only trying to secure their oil interest in the middleeast.China relies on the bilk of their oil supply from the m/east.Iran will surely go to war because once syria is grounded Iran will be vulnerable and Iran will be loose their access Hizbolla. Russia too will come in to protect their interest.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by cachal: 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
At this point.. America should just backout..
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by hrhobi1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Did he seek their approval to move the fleet and armament to Meditteranean ? His gra gra has beenchecked by Russia and China and he is looking for a safe way out. Simple!
. Not just his gra gra but Ameriacas gra gra.
Re: Obama Seeks Congress Approval To Strike Syria by Joel3(m): 1:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
bravetentewa:

U̶̲̥̅̊ Blind for nOse....U̶̲̥̅̊ ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ Source there.....Okoro

you bastar.d, what got you high on weed? elephant grass or what? cant you see that the poster only re edit the post to put this link. you low IQ fellow stay out of drugs kid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

17 People Beheaded In Afghanistan For Attending A Party / Paul Kagame Wins 3rd Term After 17-year Presidency In Rwanda / Could Russia Be Putin's Afghanistan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.