Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,473 members, 7,929,568 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 04:54 PM

Beware Of Agents Offering Lands In An Estate For Sale For As Low As N200k! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Beware Of Agents Offering Lands In An Estate For Sale For As Low As N200k! (489 Views)

2 Bedroom With All Round Tilesto Let With 2toilets & Baths N200k At Ipaja, Lagos / Abuja Property Dealers/agents Let Us Meet Here. / A Good 3 Bedroom To Let N200k @ Ipaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Agents Offering Lands In An Estate For Sale For As Low As N200k! by Boo3nity(m): 8:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
Experience they say, is the most effective teacher. Recently, I have come across people who in trying to secure a landed investment in their's or their kid's names, have dabbled into and have become prey to various "real" and "estate" agents that approach them with a "juicy" offer of plots of land for sale (especially within Ikorodu, Sagamu, Agbara n Igbesa axes, etc) @ N200k.
These gullible set of people opt for these "cheap" offer, procure the land and start building their "mansion" with immediate alacrity ONLY to discover that on completion, a few basic YET necessary structures that should be a concrete proof that they indeed are resident in an estate are not (and sadly, will not be) made available by the agents n the agency they represent. I'm talking about good, motorable road (at least an earth road), perimeter fencing for the estate, borehole at strategic places within the estate, a central gate and last but not the least and by far one of the most essential of all these- ELECTRICITY.
As much as I sympathize with them on their misadventure, I feel that they share in the blame cos any cool, calm and calculated human would have asked his/herself a few pertinent questions before "dashing" hospital money out to these deceitful vultures. Questions like:
* Why is there no gate and perimeter fencing around the estate whose plots are offered to me to buy? (these are the most basic features of a developing estate ready for sale)
* What visible plans/ structures are on ground to show that electricity is and indeed will channeled into the estate on completion?
* What is the water accessibility options within the estate?
Etc.
I hope y'all who've had this experience can share yours and learn from this piece of information I shared with you all.
For those still bent in purchasing these "awoof" plots of land...BEWARE!
God bless us all.
Re: Beware Of Agents Offering Lands In An Estate For Sale For As Low As N200k! by Boo3nity(m): 9:55am On Sep 01, 2013
Wise words
Re: Beware Of Agents Offering Lands In An Estate For Sale For As Low As N200k! by Boo3nity(m): 6:06am On Sep 06, 2013
great info.
Re: Beware Of Agents Offering Lands In An Estate For Sale For As Low As N200k! by Boo3nity(m): 6:26am On Sep 12, 2013
This knowledge is definitely power. Some people I hitherto offered professional investment advice (and who sadly turned it down) are now sluggin it out with omonile @ Ikorodu, mowe, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Taken !! / Affordable Office Space @ Layi Oyekanmi,mushin, Lagos / To Let @ Ikota Villa Estate, Before Vgc, Ajah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.