Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,338 members, 7,943,835 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

Before Departure To South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before Departure To South Africa (1450 Views)

Yellow Fever Vaccination For Foreign Travellers.6wks Before Departure? / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Departure To South Africa by youngbilly1: 5:22am On Sep 01, 2013
hi everyone am a first time traveller to sa, i have my yellow card, visa and ticket ready, i wanna go see my friend over there in Johannesburg and stay with him for a month n back to naija, i was told i will be asked for an hotel reservation or an invitation letter at arrival in OR Tambo. pls i wanna ask if i can just make up an invitation letter or hotel reservation, but my second thought is what if they say they wanna call the hotel to confirm my reservation. what can i do? i googled some hotel they had this option of when you make reservation you can cancel it later.

thanks
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by justwise(m): 7:12am On Sep 01, 2013
youngbilly1: hi everyone am a first time traveller to sa, i have my yellow card, visa and ticket ready, i wanna go see my friend [/b]over there in Johannesburg and stay with him for a month n back to naija, i was told i will be asked for an hotel reservation or an invitation letter at arrival in OR Tambo. pls i wanna ask [b]if i can just make up an invitation letter or hotel reservation, but my second thought is what if they say they wanna call the hotel to confirm my reservation. what can i do? i googled some hotel they had this option of when you make reservation you can cancel it later.

thanks

If you are truly going to visit your friend then why not get the invitation letter from him? How did you get a visa without invitation letter or evidence of accommodation?
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by ilaugh1: 7:24am On Sep 01, 2013
How did yo get your visa without those things in the first place?
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by Godson201333(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2013
ANOTHER COMEDIAN IN THE HOUSE grin grin
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 01, 2013
Oya answer the question. There's no way you will get a visa without meeting two of the requirements Or was it all a dream
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by youngbilly1: 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
am not a comedian pls...a travel agent handled visa, i had my 1 year tourist visa issused in ghana last year.
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by tshepiso(f): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hello,

I will go straight to the point.

Do a hotel reservation print it out,then when you get here (O.R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA) when the immigration officer ask you for hotel reservation present it and if they call the hotel,tell them before they call that you are paying on arrival as they only accept credit card and you don't have a credit card to pay before arrival.

Please when you get the reservation make sure to call the hotel and confirm your reservation and to tell them you will pay on arrival or better still call them to tell them you are coming so they know that they are expecting so even if the immigration calls they can also confirm that they are expecting you.

Call the hotel and familiarize yourself with the customer service people.try to know them by name.because they are the one who will also pick the calls when the immigration calls. if you need any other information let me know
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by youngbilly1: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
tshepiso: Hello,

Do a hotel reservation print it out,then when you get here (O.R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,JOHANNESBURG SOUTH AFRICA) when the immigration officer ask you for hotel reservation present it and if they call the hotel,tell them before they call that you are paying on arrival as they only accept credit card and you don't have a credit card to pay before arrival.

Please when you get the reservation make sure to call the hotel and confirm your reservation and to tell them you will pay on arrival or better still call them to tell them you are coming so they know that they are expecting so even if the immigration calls they can also confirm that they are expecting you.

Call the hotel and familiarize yourself with the customer service people.try to know them by name.because they are the one who will also pick the calls when the immigration calls. if you need any other information let me know

thanks bro...I will do that, and have told my friend to get me an invitation letter too, I wonder if they will call him also?
Re: Before Departure To South Africa by youngbilly1: 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
tshepiso: Hello,

thanks bro...I will do that, and have told my friend to get me an invitation letter too, I wonder if they will call him also?

(1) (Reply)

america denied me twice someone should please help / This Man Swims To Work Everyday To Avoid Traffic (photos) / Why Nigerians Are Fleeing Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.