Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,005 members, 7,970,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 07:53 PM

What's The Secret Behind Yawning? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Secret Behind Yawning? (617 Views)

The Secret Behind The Toothpaste Bottom Colour / Sneezing And Yawning / Yawning? 6 Surprising Reasons Why You're Exhausted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Secret Behind Yawning? by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 01, 2013
Hello house,
This question might sound funny but it has been an issue that I have been trying to find answers to for so many years now.
I always notice that when two individuals are walking together, if one of them should yawn there is 70percent probability that the other individual too will yawn, I actually started observing this few years back, I noticed that whenever we are having morning devotion if someone should yawn another person will follow suit and sometimes we might all yawn one after the other respectively. I don't know if anybody in the house has also been observing this or if there is any medical practitional in the house that can shed more light to this issue. Thanks
Re: What's The Secret Behind Yawning? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2013
grin that morning devotion own dey always make me laff. I hear the tin is contagious,like an airborn tin. Though my biology taught me otherwise. Medical people should come and explain.

1 Like

Re: What's The Secret Behind Yawning? by bigtt76(f): 10:53am On Sep 01, 2013
Its the same phenomena explained by Pavlov in his theory and explanation using the the dog, bell and food in his follow up experiment. Go back to your biology text book dear. Same happens when in public, someone brings out his mobile phone, the other person nearby would be tempted to do the same.
Re: What's The Secret Behind Yawning? by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 01, 2013
i doubt if pavlov's theory explains this, the action may not bring abt equally reaction unlike pavlov's theory. Even as you read this you may be tempted to yawn. No particular act.
Re: What's The Secret Behind Yawning? by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 01, 2013
bigtt76: Its the same phenomena explained by Pavlov in his theory and explanation using the the dog, bell and food in his follow up experiment. Go back to your biology text book dear. Same happens when in public, someone brings out his mobile phone, the other person nearby would be tempted to do the same.
Being tempted to bring out ur fone is sometin u can do knowingly bt yawning is always done unknowingly.
Re: What's The Secret Behind Yawning? by Emmyk(m): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
I learnt if you love you YawNer, looking at him/her yawn will trigger yours.

But it fails at times. I will just look at you yawning and be like, NO WAY DUDE! undecided

(1) (Reply)

India Doctors Remove 232 Teeth From Boy's Mouth / Ebola: Arik Air Suspends Flights To Liberia, Sierra Leone / Fg Declares Ebola "National Emergency"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.