Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,750 members, 7,875,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? (3085 Views)

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York / Drake Announces Possible Collabo With J. Cole And Lupe Fiasco. / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Dabss(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2013
To me, I think Eminem is still the king g of rap.
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Mynd44: 10:44am On Sep 01, 2013
Yes to YOU!!!!
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by WanaG(m): 10:45am On Sep 01, 2013
That you mentioned Lupe Fiasco in the same sentence as Nas shows you have no idea about rap.
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Dabss(m): 12:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Wana_G: That you mentioned Lupe Fiasco in the same sentence as Nas shows you have no idea about rap.
really? Okay
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by ayoRAF(m): 12:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
Kendrick lamar
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Rawpidgin(m): 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
1.Nas 2. Eminem 3. Kendrick
i don't fvck with the rest
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by sushieater: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Well, it depends on the mood I find myself in.. If I'm in the mood to hear real life shiit that I can relate to, I listen to NAS & LUPE FIASCO because those two are great conscious rappers, though LUPE fiasco's lyrics are more complex than nas's.. Lupe's metaphors and double&tripple entendres are top notch.

When it comes to girls and relationships, DRAKE is the best hands down.. People can really relate with his lyrics if you're the lovey-dovey type.

EMINEM for me is somehow the complete MC outta the names you mentioned, his metaphors, clever wordplays, multis, punchlines, Rhyme scheme, lyrics are amazing, EM is just great.

Lil' Wayne is good, he can bring the heat when he wants to but most of the people that relate to his lyrics are teens & youths.. You know, the whole dickk, pusssy, molly kind of rap, those are the kind of things that interest youths these days.

Kendrick is also good, though I don't fucck with him that Much, there's nothing about him that interests me. Sometimes I can't help but to think that the guy is overrated. Kendrick was amazing on the buried alive interlude on drake's take care album, his verse on the song was epic.

In my opinion though, the "better " ish depends on the person listening and the kind of ish that interests the person.. But when it comes to real hiphop, lil' Wayne(tunchi era), drake and Kendrick aren't supposed to be compared with the other guys you mentioned

3 Likes

Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by sushieater: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
Oops!! Double post
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by sushieater: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Peace of Paper Cup of JAYZUS what's the drive?
Greatest Rapper Alive or Greatest That Died?
Then on judgement day they say the greatest rapper revived
Oh look who's here the greatest rappers' arrived!!
At the birthday party the greatest rapper surprised!!!
Bumped into DOOM the greatest rappers collide
Everybody dead but AZ the greatest rapper survived
I'm not the greatest rapper... the greatest rappers' a lie,
Got the same points as LOX the greatest rappers a tie
Told JEAN , FOXY , & RAH the greatest rappers' a girl
They said the greatest rappers' a guy
Phone rang it was GHOST he said "KISS the greatest rapper... Goodbye!"
Chris said COMMON , COMMON said KWELI , TALIB said I'm sure it's MOS DEFINITELY !! - Lupe Fiasco

Can't wait for tetsuo & youth..

1 Like

Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Eillyeillz(m): 9:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Who ever put the real king of new york up in dat list must be out dia freaking mindz,dudez not 2b compeared wif nobody.nasirz jones still the greatest 2 ever grab a mic.go check again he iz still the greatest rapper of all tymz.shout out 2 sus,sick word paly bro...

1 Like

Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by vikkytan: 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
Eillyeillz:
Who ever put the real king of new york up in dat list must be out dia freaking mindz,dudez not 2b compeared wif nobody.nasirz jones still the greatest 2 ever grab a mic.go check again he iz still the greatest rapper of all tymz.shout out 2 sus,sick word paly bro...
you're funny d rapgod feat him on a track and ken failed to. murdered shady infact he has never dare to mess with Eminem he's been messing with drake.wizzy.wale.meek mill. jay.nas.rick.and so on he.s been murdered them on every collaboration but he failed to murdered shady... u know nothing. rapgod is not to be compared with anyone he sits on the throne of hiphop .... he.s very gud with lyrics anything u could ever think of the problem is u don.t listen to Eminem and if u listen to Eminem u can.t figure out what's he.s saying ...... rapgod all. the way he.s going to release another album in this month........
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by vikkytan: 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
vikkytan:
you're funny d rapgod feat him on a track and ken failed to. murdered shady infact he has never dare to mess with Eminem he's been messing with drake.wizzy.wale.meek mill. jay.nas.rick.and so on he.s been murdered them on every collaboration but he failed to murdered shady... u know nothing. rapgod is not to be compared with anyone he sits on the throne of hiphop .... he.s very gud with lyrics anything u could ever think of the problem is u don.t listen to Eminem and if u listen to Eminem u can.t figure out what's he.s saying ...... rapgod all. the way he.s going to release another album in this month........

Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Eminem, Nas, Kendrick.. yeah!! in that order.. btw still celebrating Rap god's 42nd birthday cool
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Chrisdmeek(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
WanaG:
That you mentioned Lupe Fiasco in the same sentence as Nas shows you have no idea about rap.
I wonder oh
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by vikkytan: 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
tupac.Eminem.biggie. slim shady.Kendrick

slap anybody DAT says otherwise
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by vikkytan: 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
vikkytan:
tupac.Eminem.biggie. slim shady.Kendrick

slap anybody DAT says otherwise
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by valmunich(m): 1:20am On Nov 09, 2014
Nobody does it better than shady smiley
I might be tempted to add weezy and lamar
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Jerryolumide(m): 6:34am On Nov 09, 2014
valmunich:
weezy? Yes!!! Lamar? NO!!!!!!
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by valmunich(m): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Jerryolumide:
weezy? Yes!!! Lamar? NO!!!!!!
Kendrick Lamar is a pro too

Have you listened to love game where he featured shady
He almost murdered shady with his flows
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by Jerryolumide(m): 9:16am On Nov 09, 2014
valmunich:

Kendrick Lamar is a pro too

Have you listened to love game where he featured shady
He almost murdered shady with his flows
I've never listen to his songs. I dnt listen to secular rap dat much, unlike before
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by busky101(m): 3:08am On Nov 10, 2014
Kendrick all the way
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by vikkytan: 3:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
valmunich:
you are right bro anybody DAT says he almost murdered shady on love game must be a slut shady is unbeatable.....
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by valmunich(m): 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
vikkytan:
you are right bro anybody DAT says he almost murdered shady on love game must be a slut shady is unbeatable.....
I'm actually the one that wrote that undecided
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by vikkytan: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
valmunich:
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by vikkytan: 4:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
valmunich:

I'm actually the one that wrote that undecided
oops then I guess you have ear problem but Kendrick. did.not murdered shady okay..
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by sistrunk: 10:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
vikkytan:

Mess with the god;
nd u'd be strucked
råp göd all thè waÿ
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by kayo80(m): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2015
Nas...the Messiah...the Picasso of the rap game.
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by HyDef(m): 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
My opinion is that Wayne has lost it in recent years... Some of his lines are just dumb. I'm not hating on him cuz he was once great, but I wouldn't put him in my top three..

I give it to Eminem. Phenomenal was phenomenal and Rap God was excellent. Bad Guy was dark just like Stan, and When I'm Gone and Mockingbird are just touching. Great songs.

Kendrick in second for me.
Re: Eminem, Lil Wayne, Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Nas Who Is Better? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
If we're talking about actual rap ability and technique then drake shouldn't be on this list. He's just a commercial beast and sells a lot because he does rnb. I don't even look at drake as a real rapper although he has cut down on the b.itchy stuff lately.

In terms of technical ability and dope rhyme schemes Eminem wins, followed by kendrick.

Haven't heard too much of Lupe and NAS recently tho.

(1) (Reply)

New Music: Download Duncan Mighty - Madiba [tribute To Nelson Mandela] / I Need To Download A Song, Don't Know The Title. Help! / Download Ice Prince – Tipsy Ft Wale & Morell Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.