Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,773 members, 7,882,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 11:25 AM

How Do I Prevent/stop Hacking? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Prevent/stop Hacking? (552 Views)

How Can I Prevent / And Index.html From Having The Same Title Tage? / How Do I Prevent Double Entry Into My Database Using PHP / How Do I Prevent My Website From Being Hacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Prevent/stop Hacking? by bowofolu(m): 11:24am On Sep 01, 2013
How do i prevent/stop hacking?
Re: How Do I Prevent/stop Hacking? by bigtt76(f): 11:37am On Sep 01, 2013
Change all your default password to a stronger one and make sure you remove the installation folder if using a CMS package. Lastly, don't forget to avoid SQL injection by doing proper validation of your data entry fields. Hole this helps if you want advance assistance then you need an ethical hacker to carry out penetration tests on the site for you to detect existing or potential vulnerabilities.
Re: How Do I Prevent/stop Hacking? by bowofolu(m): 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
@bigtt74 thanks that's useful. But i actually ment social network account hacking.
Re: How Do I Prevent/stop Hacking? by bigtt76(f): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ok ...you didn't mention it at first. Social networking sites as the name implies are subject to hacking through the use of Social Engineering. This means the hacker remotely gets the owner of the target account to part with their login details unknowingly and invariably take over control of that account.

Simply put NEVER part away with your personal details online. You may say 'no I've never divulge my details' but then those games, movie download sites, mojo sites, peer to peer, scam emails, pirated software, dating sites just to mention but few are all avenue for social engineering to take place.

If you have ever been asked to login with your email account for an application to access your contacts ...then you may have been an unsuspecting victim.

Always ensure you change frequently your passwords and make them as strong as possible using non-dictionary words or phrases. Presence of keyloggers downloaded as part of a movie or games unknowingly is also an avenue for malwares and spywares to be installed on your system. This is even more dangerous especially if the victim uses internet banking and cards for online transactions.

Make sure you have frequently updated anti virus software on your system and not just any kind but one that would fish out all malwares, spywares and rootkits.

Hope this helps out.
Re: How Do I Prevent/stop Hacking? by nke001: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
Learn and Master Hacking

|
to catch a monkey, act like one

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Webmaster Who Can Sell To Me A Register Login Fileupload Scripts N10k / Free Website Design Training / Geting The Best Bargin For Your Money With Airtel BIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.