Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,356 members, 7,897,592 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 04:25 PM

Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? (4385 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Why Can't Men Wear Earrings In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
REVELATION 19:7-8
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Do you wonder why God did not put jewelries on his bride-remember God is a God of details, he would have asked John to write it
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by soapdish(f): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2013
So because jewelry was not mentioned in that verse, it is therefore a SIN to wear one.

In that verse, the bride represents the SAINTS ie (the True Church of Jesus Christ) and the white linen et al represents RIGHTEOUSNESS

However, going by your interpretation,Women should equally stop wearing cotten materials and other colours except linen and white since those were the ones mentioned.

God is a God of details and He is also not an author of confusion. He inspired Apostles Peter and Paul to write 1 Peter and 1 Timothy. If those things were SIN, they would have condemned them. Our Lord Jesus wouldn't have used gold ring in the parable of the prodigal son.

It is wrong for you to say that something is a SIN when the bible did not say so or for you to condemn what the bible did not condemn. Jesus admonished us not to condemn so that we will not be condemned also.

We ought to strive as christians to bear the fruits of the spirit through the help of the Holy Spirit instead of going about judging and condemning ESPECIALLY what the bible did not condenm.
Goodday to you Sir
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by amaralizzy40y: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2013
If bible did nt condem Gold, Jeweries,ornaments of Golds. Y did d bible tel us nt 2 put dm on in 1peter3v3,1tim2v9 even jere4v30.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by amaralizzy40y: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2013
since we were nt ask 2 put dm on dat means bible condems it. Take it or live it.
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by soapdish(f): 8:27am On Sep 05, 2013
SMH
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Oyinprince(m): 8:45am On Sep 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
since we were nt ask 2 put dm on dat means bible condems it. Take it or live it.
lol, does the bible tell u to use ur handset? does dat mean the bible condemns d use of handset?

1 Like

Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
God bless you
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by vickyO(f): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2013
These non-jewelry wearing doctrine upholders are just pathetic. @op in Nigeria, people view boys who wear earrings as wayward boys or hooligans or touts so for the sake of the gospel don't use it but it's not a sin according to the Bible. back to the non-jewelry peeps, the Bible doesn't condemn the usage of earrings, The Apostles just said Christian women should focus more on beautifying their inside. They said we should be noticed for our good deeds not for being the most fashionable. E.g. Dora Akuyili was noticed for the good works she did in NAFDAC but that didn't mean she didn't dress well. this is what the Apostles were tryna say. and Paul said if your faith does not permit you to do something don't condemn those who do it. moreover, Jesus wore one of the most expensive cloths of His time but He wasn't noticed for that but for the good works he did, Mary washed Jesus feet with an expensive perfume yet Jesus didn't condemn that, Most pastors wear expensive suits to preach, why condemn the women only? Let the Word of God speak to you not the doctrines of your pastor..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Oyinprince(m): 9:59am On Sep 05, 2013
@VickyO well said, religious people always classify things strange to their human culture as sins, thereby not submitin to God's righteousness nd establishin their own standards of righteousness
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
Oyinprince: @VickyO well said, religious people always classify things strange to their human culture as sins, thereby not submitin to God's righteousness nd establishin their own standards of righteousness
i am not a folower of any religion i am a follower of Jesus...
Would because of all this things miss heaven,i dont where all this thinngs neither am i a lady but for our unflinching love for the soul of all our brethen why would u not read d bible well because iv done that and i av proof dat its a sin...d bible say that God told jacob to remove strange GODS the house the, one of the things taken out was earrings....dont lose it
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by vickyO(f): 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Divepen:
i am not a folower of any religion i am a follower of Jesus...
Would because of all this things miss heaven,i dont where all this thinngs neither am i a lady but for our unflinching love for the soul of all our brethen why would u not read d bible well because iv done that and i av proof dat its a sin...d bible say that God told jacob to remove strange GODS the house the, one of the things taken out was earrings....dont lose it
My brother, I won't say that isn't true but through research I found out that they were amulets i.e. they wore it to protect them. if it is a sin why did god use it when describing the people of Israel? read Ezekiel 16
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
vickyO:
My brother, I won't say that isn't true but through research I found out that they were amulets i.e. they wore it to protect them. if it is a sin why did god use it when describing the people of Israel? read Ezekiel 16
please give me examples from new testament the old testament was before the coming of Jesus in the flesh
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by vickyO(f): 1:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
Divepen:
please give me examples from new testament the old testament was before the coming of Jesus in the flesh
The fact that the Apostles mentioned it means it was worn by the early Christians.
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
vickyO:
The fact that the Apostles mentioned it means it was worn by the early Christians.
tah....i want real examples
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by vickyO(f): 5:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
Divepen:
tah....i want real examples
that's enough example, they wouldn't bring it up if it wasn't used... no hair arrangement was described in the NT but it was addressed by the Apostles ... The Bible is a guide not a storybook, it only keeps record of important things..
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Zatwo: 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
Lord_Reed: Something that seems to confuse us is the difference between cultural acceptability and sin. If you read your bible well you will know that at a time in history men wearing earrings was not a strange sight. It was so common place that nobody even gave it a second thought. God certainly didn't even consider it worth mentioning in the laws he gave to Moses. What has changed between then and now? Our perception of how a man should dress and appear is very different such that should anyone dress like in the old days you will be considered crazy or at best eccentric. Does dressing as they dressed in the old days make you a sinner? Of course not! But why make yourself an object of ridicule to the gospel? That is the difference. Wearing earring is not a sin but will give the gospel a bad image. Think of not wearing it as a sacrifice for the gospel.
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Zatwo: 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ok, thanks
Re: Is It Ok For Guys To Wear Earrings To Church? by Yahushuabride1: 9:02am On Jan 04, 2016
Zatwo:
Hi everyone, i was in church today and I saw some dancers(guys) putting on earrings,im a dancer also and i do put on earrings b4 until i became born again recently... I just wanto know if putting on earrings as a guy is not a sin.

efficiencie:
If women are permitted to wear earrings as an ornament so are the men as well! The verse below speaks volumes:

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

The tradition of the Israelites was compatible with men and women wearing earrings as an ornament and it was as old as the time of Abraham. This is evident when Abraham's eldest servant seeking a wife for Isaac found Rebecca and gave her gifts and among the gifts was an earring.

Genesis 24:22
And it came to pass, as the camels had done drinking, that the man took a golden earring of half a shekel weight, and two bracelets for her hands of ten shekels weight of gold;

Now if by the tradition of the Israelites women wear earrings then men should also wear earrings...

Howeves in our time female Christians wear earrings as an outward adornment contrary to the doctrine (popularized by some):

1 Peter 3:3-4
Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

but if female Christians are permitted to use earrings why aren't the male Christians permitted as well in some congregations?

Answers!

This OP is very intelligent oh !! This is a well-thought- out question that should be taken seriously, deeply and not on face value.

I'm a female Christian living in a Western country; I used to wear earrings, until the Lord Jesus spoke to me during an all-night vigil in 2009, to take-off my ornaments and replace them with the word of God.
During the all-night vigil, the Pastor asked each of us one after the order, what the Lord Jesus told us during the prayers, we told him; however, the Pastor could not make sense out of what I told him - as per what I had heard from the Lord Jesus pertaining me putting-off my earrings.
I never had peace in my heart about earring/s until one day in year 2013, I was asking myself this same question that the OP is asking here.

I live in a Western country, and I was interviewing people, then one after the other, the males who were coming for the interview had earring/s on, and some females as well. I also had my earrings on back then.
Then I asked myself this question, " should a man wear earrings or not ? ", but then it dawned on me that I had no moral right to criticise a man or boy for wearing earring/s, if I myself was wearing earring/s. This is simply because THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE HOLY BIBLE THAT STATES SPECIFICALLY THAT EARRINGS ARE MEANT FOR ONLY WOMEN !

From that day onwards I finally put-off my earrings for good. Never to wear them anymore. I've stopped putting on all forms of ornaments on my body, for the same reason, and as backed by the Holy scriptures in 1 PETER 3: 3-5, 1 TIMOTHY 2: 9-10, and some other old testament bible verses - aforementioned on this thread- that serve as eye-openers for me on this issue of earrings.

So now, I can gladly say that I've finally obeyed what my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ told me to do in 2009.

Earring/s date back from Pagan culture, and in that cultural sense, both males and females used it.
Finally, Earrings are not exclusively meant for women alone. If you forbid men from wearing earrings, then you must forbid women from wearing earrings.
If you forbid men from wearing dresses then you must forbid women from wearing trousers.
If you allow a woman to wear earrings, and her son/s wish to wear earrings as well, that woman has herself to blame.

These days men shave their head-hair and women shave their head-hair to church too.

The bible says Christian women are not supposed to shave their head-hair, see 1 Corinthians 11.

Unfortunately, these days everybody does what they want and what they like, they say the bible is irrelevant today.

PLEASE CHRISTIAN MEN AND CHRISTIAN WOMEN SHOULD NOT WEAR ORNAMENTS - EARRINGS, NOSE RINGS, WEDDING RINGS, BRACELETS, NECKLACES, ANKLETS E.T.C !

CHRISTIANS PLEASE GO TO GOOGLE AND CHECK THE ORIGIN OF WEDDING RINGS. DON'T BE IGNORANT OF THE WILES OF THE DEVIL.

By the grace of God, my beliefs, dress codes and life style are strictly based on the Holy bible, because the Holy Bible never loses its relevance as far as I'm concerned.

I hope my small contribution here has helped you all.

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Version Of Nairaland Bible Quiz-for Everyone,especially You / Heaven Or Hell; Where Would U Go? / Could The Universe Exist Without A Creator?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.