Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,225 members, 7,913,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:56 AM

Is 24 Too Old To Still Get Money From Your Parents For A Phd - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is 24 Too Old To Still Get Money From Your Parents For A Phd (1018 Views)

Can An MBA Holder Go For A Phd In Management? / Some Important Tips Needed To Survive A PhD / Doing A Phd Is Often A Waste Of Time, Says The Economist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 24 Too Old To Still Get Money From Your Parents For A Phd by chy22(m): 4:31pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nairalanders i need some advice, i just turned 24 years old 5 months ago and finished my masters degree last month. But my parents wants to sponsor me for a Phd and i feel like i am now too old to be getting money from my parents. I really want to do a PhD in medical science but i feel like turning it down to look for job, since i am feeling guilty of over dependence on my parents.
Re: Is 24 Too Old To Still Get Money From Your Parents For A Phd by ryd3(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
Love ur growing sense of independence, but its a matter of capacity. If u feel u are up to the task financially , then the more pride ur parents wld av for u. But of u don't av a clue where u gonna get finances, then its better u look at this as a longterm investment ur parents are making. I'm 27, and an aunt is helping to subsidise mine. Your goal is paramount... The end will in most cases justify the means.
Re: Is 24 Too Old To Still Get Money From Your Parents For A Phd by chy22(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
Thank you for those comforting words. The truth is there is no other way of funding the study, that is why i was thinking of leaving the whole study stuff. I am considering the cost my parents will have to provide since it is not a nigerian university and being 24 at that too.
ryd3: Love ur growing sense of independence, but its a matter of capacity. If u feel u are up to the task financially , then the more pride ur parents wld av for u. But of u don't av a clue where u gonna get finances, then its better u look at this as a longterm investment ur parents are making. I'm 27, and an aunt is helping to subsidise mine. Your goal is paramount... The end will in most cases justify the means.
Re: Is 24 Too Old To Still Get Money From Your Parents For A Phd by lottoe(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
Use what you have to get what you don't have wink

(1) (Reply)

My First Time On Stage / A Thread For Computer Scientist/ Software Engineers / Am In Search Of Business Partners (no Skills Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.