Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,805 members, 7,882,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:31 PM

A Night With My Lady - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Night With My Lady (8577 Views)

A Night That Destroyed Me.....sex Story / Was It A Night With A Smart Or Possessed Beautiful Gal On Campus? You Decide / Killing Mosquitoes {once Upon A Night} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: A Night With My Lady by Popowaa: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
See as i nearly wet my pant.Everybody wan take the hailing back then start unliking it.
Re: A Night With My Lady by timpaker(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Marian17:

Mtcheeew, PM ko, AM ni. Leave me jor tongue tongue

Heheheheheh. I guess you must have memorized that poem to know it where it was lifted from. You try oooo
Re: A Night With My Lady by genevet: 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
BUSTED!!!!
Re: A Night With My Lady by Marian17(f): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
timpaker:

Heheheheheh. I guess you must have memorized that poem to know it where it was lifted from. You try oooo

I didn't memorize the poem o. I just remembered that I've read something like that before, so I googled the title and the rest is history.

You know, I could have ignored if it were one of those newbies around here but for one of the celebrated & respected members of this section, whose voice is one of the loudest when it comes to shouting against Plagiarism, it is just too bad to ignore.
Re: A Night With My Lady by timpaker(m): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
Marian17:

I didn't memorize the poem o. I just remembered that I've read something like that before, so I googled the title and the rest is history.

You know, I could have ignored if it were one of those newbies around here but for one of the celebrated & respected members of this section, whose voice is one of the loudest when it comes to shouting against Plagiarism, it is just too bad to ignore.

Thanks for the clarification
Re: A Night With My Lady by ERF: 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
Marian17:

Chill, my dear too.

The only mistake he made was that of not adding yhur legends name.

And besides that i see nufin wrong with it. . . Abi he use am make money?? grin

Swear say yhu neva copy and paste once wink

Talklex of Yemi that av written other poems be4 . . .cheesy

Overlook some certain things my dear too. :-]
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 12:42am On Sep 05, 2013
Wow... Just seeing this now. Travelled to Anyigba for an exam, and could not come online since morning.
Let me start by saying, I'm totally against Plagiarism, pirate and anything relating to it.
It's true that above poem is not mine, but I took permission from the only author (a facebook friend) I know, and he granted me the permission to lift it from his note. I know most of us might not believe, I promise to share proof of our chat (pictures) on facebook and if possible on 2go too. I might not be able to do that in Anyigba but will surely post the picture once I get back to Benin.
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 12:43am On Sep 05, 2013
E<R>F:

Overlook some certain things my dear too. :-]
overlook ke? She did the right any senseable person should do.
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 12:45am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44: Yemi2plus has 24 hours to come explain this.........
Done Sir.
Re: A Night With My Lady by ERF: 12:52am On Sep 05, 2013
yemi2plus:
overlook ke? She did the right any senseable person should do.

My foot.

So far it's not for profit? Is it not for fun?

Or why was it created.

Abegi
Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 12:55am On Sep 05, 2013
yemi2plus: Wow... Just seeing this now. Travelled to Anyigba for an exam, and could not come online since morning.
Let me start by saying, I'm totally against Plagiarism, pirate and anything relating to it.
It's true that above poem is not mine, but I took permission from the only author (a facebook friend) I know, and he granted me the permission to lift it from his note. I know most of us might not believe, I promise to share proof of our chat (pictures) on facebook and if possible on 2go too. I might not be able to do that in Anyigba but will surely post the picture once I get back to Benin.

The permission better be coming from Jared M. Steid himself bro.......

1 Like

Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 12:56am On Sep 05, 2013
E<R>F:

My foot.

So far it's not for profit? Is it not for fun?

Or why was it created.

Abegi
That poem is copyright protected. It could have caused Nairaland a lawsuit so please do not refer to things you do not understand
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 12:58am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
The permission better be coming from Jared M. Steid himself bro.......
I have said all I know about the poem, Please give me some time to come out with my proof. My phone doesnot screenshot, I will need a PC for that.
Re: A Night With My Lady by ERF: 12:58am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
That poem is copyright protected. It could have caused Nairaland a lawsuit so please do not refer to things you do not understand
I now understand...

Its better he place the name now grin

Modify it Yemi . . .sharp sharp.
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:00am On Sep 05, 2013
E<R>F:

I now understand...

you stil don't understand bro, it's wrong to pirate someone else work.
Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 1:01am On Sep 05, 2013
yemi2plus:
I have said all I know about the poem, Please give me some time to come out with my proof. My phone doesnot screenshot, I will need a PC for that.
I am waiting for the permissions so whenever you are ready, post it but remember that that 24 hours I put there is reading fast........
Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 1:02am On Sep 05, 2013
E<R>F:

I now understand...

It might be in your best interest to desist from posting on this issue if you would not take it seriously
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:04am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am waiting for the permissions so whenever you are ready, post it but remember that that 24 hours I put there is reading fast........
It's like you skipped this "i will need a PC to screenshot our conversation". I have an exam to write tomorow, will post my proof once I get back to Benin.
Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 1:05am On Sep 05, 2013
yemi2plus:
It's like you skipped this "i will need a PC to screenshot our conversation". I have an exam to write tomorow, will post my proof once I get back to Benin.
My question: Is the name of the person who gave you permission Jared M. Steid?
Re: A Night With My Lady by OMA4U(m): 1:06am On Sep 05, 2013
Asiri tu.... Lobatan.

1 Like

Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:07am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
No. A facebook friend posted it on his note and I asked him for permission before lifting it.
Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 1:11am On Sep 05, 2013
yemi2plus:
No. A facebook friend posted it on his note and I asked him for permission before lifting it.
Hmmm.

He lifted it without permission from the owner then which is all I need to know for now.

The thread will be deleted in 10 minutes, then when I get up, we will see what we will do about the issue.
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:13am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
Hmmm.

He lifted it without permission from the owner then which is all I need to know for now.

The thread will be deleted in 10 minutes, then when I get up, we will see what we will do about the issue.
you can remove the poem but don't delete this thread. I wanna post all my proof here so that everyone can see for themselves.
Re: A Night With My Lady by ERF: 1:14am On Sep 05, 2013
Wahala lipsrsealed grin
Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 1:14am On Sep 05, 2013
yemi2plus:
you can remove the poem but don't delete this thread. I wanna post all my proof here so that everyone can see for themselves.
As you wish
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:16am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
As you wish
thanks
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:17am On Sep 05, 2013
Who know of any mobile app that can screenshot?
Re: A Night With My Lady by demelza: 1:18am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
grin Couldnt help it.
RIP Mr. Steid
Re: A Night With My Lady by Mynd44: 1:18am On Sep 05, 2013
yemi2plus:
thanks
I wouldn't thank me if I were you. I guess we all should wait for you to bring you proof forward then.

And oh, please lets all stay nice and civil
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:22am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I wouldn't thank me if I were you. I guess we all should wait for you to bring you proof forward then.

And oh, please lets all stay nice and civil
thanks ke? I'm only thanking you for granting my wish (not deleting this thread)
Re: A Night With My Lady by ERF: 1:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Wow. . . This world sef, even little things matters alot
Re: A Night With My Lady by yemi2plus(m): 1:43am On Sep 05, 2013
He has been my 2go and facebook friend for some years now. He's a writer and poet. Our "real" friendship started when I first posted a short story on my facebook wall some days back (but later deleted it when Victoria was angry about it content). He said he love the story and even did some edit on it. I was like "woo" when I read his own version of my story, he gave me some tips on how to write and he is currently editing my (Anyigba thief story) that's one of the reason I'm yet to post the last chapter. I visited his wall and saw many poems written as note. I read through most of they and fell in love with some. I asked if he wrote them himself and his reply was "YES". I seek for permission to copy some, he didn't reply my post on facebook. I later saw him that day on 2go and told him about my intension of lifting some poems to which he granted.

I'll post the pictures of our facebook chat and my "permisson message" on one of his poems.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

The Red Girl (18+) / Meet An Amazing Storyteller : Nnedi Okorafor. / Sule Egya Wins 2013 Commonwealth Book Prize For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.