Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,859 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

What Does This Mean? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does This Mean? (612 Views)

Does This Mean That God Is Lossing / Death And Hell Would Be Thrown In The Lake Of Fire. What Does This Mean ? / I Saw A Snake In My Dream. What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does This Mean? by Akin1212(m): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2013
Matthew 16:28
I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will
not taste death before they see the Son of Man
coming in his kingdom.
Mark 9:1
And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who
are standing here will not taste death before they
see the kingdom of God come with power.
Luke 9:27
I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will
not taste death before they see the kingdom of
God
Obviously everyone that heard Jesus say this is no
longer living, so it seems this prediction by Jesus did
not take place. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what
the 'Kingdom of God' is. Or maybe Jesus is saying that
salvation brings life, and physical death is not important.
I think that is was the pervading belief among early
Christians that they would live to see the second
coming of Christ, as evidenced by some of the letters
of Paul. How am I misinterpreting this?
Re: What Does This Mean? by eprynce(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
I too have marveled at that scripture. I'm following with keen interest
Re: What Does This Mean? by CarCam: 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Akin1212:

Matthew 16:28
I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

Mark 9:1
And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God come with power.

Luke 9:27
I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God

Obviously everyone that heard Jesus say this is no longer living, so it seems this prediction by Jesus did not take place.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what the 'Kingdom of God' is.

Or maybe Jesus is saying that salvation brings life, and physical death is not important.

I think that is was the pervading belief among early Christians that they would live to see the second coming of Christ, as evidenced by some of the letters of Paul.

How am I misinterpreting this?

e_prynce:

I too have marveled at that scripture. I'm following with keen interest

@Akin1212 @e_prynce

The prediction took place roughly 40 years later.

Romans invaded Jerusalem in August of A.D. 70, after a five-month siege destroyed the Temple.

It is the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D, they lived to see, without tasting death

The Temple was completely destroyed about 40 years after Jesus died.

So some of them witnessed the kingdom of God come with power at the destruction of the temple just as Jesus prophesied

The Nicodemus' and the likes can't, won't or don't see the Kingdom of God even if staring them in the eyeballs

For some of those people, not born of above then, to see, they saw 40 years later

# Number 40, again. Deja vu?
Re: What Does This Mean? by Akin1212(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
CarCam:

@Akin1212 @e_prynce

The prediction took place roughly 40 years later.

Romans invaded Jerusalem in August of A.D. 70, after a five-month siege destroyed the Temple.

It is the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D, they lived to see, without tasting death

The Temple was completely destroyed about 40 years after Jesus died.

So some of them witnessed the kingdom of God come with power at the destruction of the temple just as Jesus prophesied

The Nicodemus' and the likes can't, won't or don't see the Kingdom of God even if staring them in the eyeballs

For some of those people, not born of above then, to see, they saw 40 years later

# Number 40, again. Deja vu?
I don't think you solved it
Re: What Does This Mean? by Image123(m): 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
It means that Peter, James and John would see the kingdom of God come with power at the mount of transfiguration some days later.

(1) (Reply)

W T F ?!?!? / Japheth Omojuwa:it’s Time For COZA Pastor Biodun To Answer These Questions!!! / Most PASTORS TODAY ARE ATHEISTS, They Dont Just Boast About It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.