Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,295 members, 7,884,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

As Humans, Do We Really Get To The Point Of "No Choice" - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / As Humans, Do We Really Get To The Point Of "No Choice" (547 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan Or Atiku: No Choice Here For Yoruba! / Friends Request On Nairaland: Don't Really Get It / Mustay - Eya Pele Ohhh. . . I Think I Have No Choice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

As Humans, Do We Really Get To The Point Of "No Choice" by dapyd1(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nairalanders, pls I am seeking your opinion on this issue. I was wondering if we really get to the point of 'I don't have a choice as a reason to carry out a misdeed or do people just play on others sentimentality to attract sympathy for their plight.
An example is when a woman is told at her workplace to partake in a fraud (of which she will benefit from) and when she refuses, she is told her children will be killed. The fraud goes on and she is caught (this is hypothetical). When asked why she did it, she replies 'I didn't have a choice'.
Is this really true? There are other cases like that even more sympathetic than this one. And u will hear people even defending the person with statements like; if u were in her shoes, wouldn't u do the same thing!

(1) (Reply)

How To Customize Folder’s Color With Right Click / Nigerians Detained By London Immigration, UK Agency Decry Slavery “we’re Dying I / Okada Rider Dives In Front Of Trailer, SUV Over N3,000 Registration fee (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.