Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,620 members, 7,975,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 03:41 AM

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? (41200 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends / Is It Normal For A Male Virgin To Have Wet Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2008
origina9ja:

Maybe your breast milk reminds him of his mums. especially when sucking it

lol dere should be a biit of difference nowww

Hey Girl, thats too much information and overshare goin on around there. I dont think he is thinking of that at all cause. . . cause. . . uhm. . . Nevermind. undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by origina9ja(f): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2008
yh yh
never mind tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by emmyjojo(m): 10:23am On Jun 25, 2008
how can my sweet preetie little baby transform to d image of my mom. da is saying she is too old for me. she is my baby, little girl, nkem, luv, preetie girl, wyfi, sweetie pie. imagine her calling me dady, plase dont start. shocked embarassed
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by emmanas(m): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2008
calling once love mum is not a big deal, but is it 4 real or not? but i will prefer calling my lady by her name,

but ladies if ur guy call u mum, read d meaning in his face, is just a gist.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by agwoani: 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2008
most nigerian girls actually behave as if they as if they are the mothers to their boyfriends.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:11am On Jun 26, 2008
agwoani:

most nigerian girls actually behave as if they as if they are the mothers to their boyfriends.

Really
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2008
gsmguru:

Well, mine call me MAMA. Am trying frantically to relate the two words: mum and mama since your post.

I don't think there is some thing wrong if you man call you mum. It is a sign of respect and more still you are offering him the services his real mum offer him like cooking for him, washing his cloths etc.
Dont forget that you also pamper him, giving him emotional strenght. I don't think it is out of place if am called MAMA.

What do you think?

www.freegsmcall.9f.com

Oh No,  We do those stuff together. We take turns. If I cook today, he will cut and clean and vise versa. And I usually will give him a head and shoulder massage and he give me a back maqssage. Stuff like that. We do everything together. Its like if he plays football, I would cheer or if I go play ice hockey, he would cheer.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Ohenry(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2008
I call my Mommy and she loves it.

Personally, I think it makes me value her the more because I care so much for my own mother.

By the way, she calls me Daddy and I love it!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 3:53am On Jun 27, 2008
Thanks guys for your indiidual feedback. Really appreciate it.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by galatico(m): 12:46pm On Jun 27, 2008
It's a normanl phenomenal,
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by oscar(m): 2:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Na wa'o for all these women. Wetin dey wrong to call the woman you love 'mom'/'mum'/mummy/momma! I believe it's just a name to show endearment. What about women who call their men 'daddy'. Are we supposed to hit the roof over that? I'm sure guys who call their women 'mum' just want to show appreciatn for the love and care from the women in their lives. just like they would to their real mums. Maybe, a little suggestion can help here; I mean, for instance, the men could call the women lil' (little) mom, to show the difference. I call my girl lil' momma and, you bet, she loves it!!!!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2008
oscar:

Na wa'o for all these women. Wetin dey wrong to call the woman you love 'mom'/'mum'/mummy/momma! I believe it's just a name to show endearment. What about women who call their men 'daddy'. Are we supposed to hit the roof over that? I'm sure guys who call their women 'mum' just want to show appreciatn for the love and care from the women in their lives. just like they would to their real mums. Maybe, a little suggestion can help here; I mean, for instance, the men could call the women little' (little) mom, to show the difference. I call my girl little' momma and, you bet, she loves it!!!!
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2008
oscar:

Na wa'o for all these women. Wetin dey wrong to call the woman you love 'mom'/'mum'/mummy/momma! I believe it's just a name to show endearment. What about women who call their men 'daddy'. Are we supposed to hit the roof over that? I'm sure guys who call their women 'mum' just want to show appreciatn for the love and care from the women in their lives. just like they would to their real mums. Maybe, a little suggestion can help here; I mean, for instance, the men could call the women little' (little) mom, to show the difference. I call my girl little' momma and, you bet, she loves it!!!!

I've never called my bf Daddy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Radiant(f): 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
No it's not normal for Nigerian men but it's normal for men from other countries. What a nauseating topic. What's wrong with a "Nigerian" man calling his girl "mom"? undecided

If they call u bitch, u get upset, they call you "my girl" without putting friend you get upset, they call u "mom" or mummy u find it abnormal.

We women indeed have issues
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2008
It's weird
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Radiant(f): 7:39pm On Jun 30, 2008
What is weird?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Pataki: 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
Never have,

Never will!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2008
Pataki:

Never have,

Never will!

Oh really? When you call me mamy what do you mean then? Are you perhaps insinuating I am a water creature? angry grin tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by debosky(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

Oh really? When you call me mamy what do you mean then? Are you perhaps insinuating I am a water creature? angry grin tongue

WaterIshan Queen you are surprising me more and more with your insightful commentaries! cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Pataki: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
I was prolly talking of talking of pammy (holy water). tongue cheesy cheesy

If you ever hear mom from me, you need tot get hearing aids fast!!! I was actually saying dumb!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2008
debosky:

WaterIshan Queen you are surprising me more and more with your insightful commentaries! cheesy

Stop provoking me ooo! angry grin

Pataki:

I was prolly talking of talking of pammy (holy water). tongue cheesy cheesy

If you ever hear mom from me, you need tot get hearing aids fast!!! I was actually saying dumb!!!! cheesy cheesy

Ok darling. I hope u didn't get upset when I called you Tom the other day! You know our gardner is always so present that I call his name even when he is not there! cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by obillyj(f): 3:05am On Jul 01, 2008
well to be honest here, i as a person don't like it at all. if boyfriend should call me that i will be like "do look like ur mum?" or ""dont u know where u mum is?"". it feels like he wants u to be a mother-hen to him. some like it though so they are entitled to their own feelings and opinion
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 9:32am On Jul 01, 2008
No it's not normal for Nigerian men but it's normal for men from other countries. What a nauseating topic. What's wrong with a "Nigerian" man calling his girl "mom"?

If they call u bitch, u get upset, they call you "my girl" without putting friend you get upset, they call u "mom" or mummy u find it abnormal.

We women indeed have issues

Men from other countries? But I never heard men from other countries calling their girlfriends mom only so far my Nigerian boyfriends. They call their girlfriends mom and even my boyfriend at times call me mom so thats why I was just wondering.

Well, why can't men just call their girlfriends by their name or something else where it does not have to relate to any of their family members or something which does not sound so odd. Like the other day, my friends called his girlfriend Poo (Poo means Shit to be exact) and so she got offended and then I went to whack his head telling him that theres like a trillion and a gazillion words on earth and he had to call her shit. . . angry

I think its okay for a guy to call his gf 'my girl'.It sounds alright better than calling you his mother!!!

I think some men have issues. . . undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2008
felixcaps:

hi girl i wish i have one i will call her mom with all my heart to show her much i love her

but i am stile looking for one call 07083905479 or 08039390109 Email felix5caps@yahoo.com

You serious or you're joking? undecided
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by francessby(f): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2008
I don't see anything wrong with that, the guy calls a lady mom because he feels you are the second mom he never had, it shows that he loves you as he love his mother and like you know he is not going to live his mom 4ever therefore he's gradually replacing his mom with you.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2008
francessby:

I don't see anything wrong with that, the guy calls a lady mom because he feels you are the second mom he never had, it shows that he loves you as he love his mother and like you know he is not going to live his mom 4ever therefore he's gradually replacing his mom with you.

So what you're trying to say is that I will be his mother instead? undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Radiant(f): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2008
gabrywyl:

I think some men have issues. . . undecided

I think women have issues rather. What's wrong with the idea? Nothing really. It's just the way the guy feels but don't be deceived 'cause calling you mom don't mean he'll end up marrying you. wink
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by jekkad: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2008
Radiant:

I think women have issues rather. What's wrong with the idea? Nothing really. It's just the way the guy feels but don't be deceived 'cause calling you mom don't mean he'll end up marrying you.  wink

u have a point there
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Dakore(f): 10:41pm On Jul 01, 2008
that's silly undecided

so "mom" is a new word for girlfriend?
then, what's the new word for mother?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by doyin13(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2008
i call many of my girlfriends 'mama' with a different intonation however
to when i am calling my real 'mama'
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by jekkad: 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2008
doyin13:

i call many of my girlfriends 'mama' with a different intonation however
to when i am calling my real 'mama'

my point exactly
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:24am On Jul 02, 2008
Dakore:

that's silly undecided

so "mom" is a new word for girlfriend?
then, what's the new word for mother?

Exactly! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Stunts Ladies Who Are 25+ Shouldn't Be Pulling / Why Are Some Men This Heartless? Now I Hate Men! / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest RELOADED {nomination & Verification Thread}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.