Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,692 members, 7,972,572 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:07 PM

Charging For A Dynamic Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Charging For A Dynamic Website (693 Views)

Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / How Much Would Creating A Dynamic Website Cost, Including Hosting, Domain Name? / Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charging For A Dynamic Website by cdoffx(m): 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
Hi web developers on the forum.
Many times i get fixed on how to charge for a dynamic website.
How do you charge your client and roughly how much according to this breakdown. Design,script development, hosting and domain and maintenance.
Another thing is for the few works i've done, i've not been asked by the client to give him the whole project folder after hosting the site but a client(a friend) is now asking me to give him the whole website folder. If you've had this experience how did you tackle it. Should he be charged for that? Thanks
Re: Charging For A Dynamic Website by cdoffx(m): 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Webmasters i need you to please comment on this topics. Thanks
Re: Charging For A Dynamic Website by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bring up the cost of a website depends basically on how much work and energy i'll input into the work and also the type of project it is.
A bank project and a school project are both dynamic. But do you think the price of both will be same? NO!
So, to me, you should charge based on:
1. The type of client (what you think their purse can afford)
2. The project timeline. (How long the project will take)
3. Energy input. (How much energy will the project require from you)
4. The basic requirements of the project (Hosting and Domain. A bank website will require a much more standard hosting plan, a Dedicated server preferably. But a for a school website, you might decide to use a shared hosting, VPS, or a dedicated server - depending on the project requirement)
5. Other things i can't even remember now (Other webmasters can help me out here)

As regards the issue of your client(friend) who requests for the website folder. Hasn't he paid for the whole package? If YES, then you can give it to him at no extra cost, except if you think he can afford paying you a token before you hand it over.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Charging For A Dynamic Website by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
You have no SINGLE right to hold a client website folder. After designing the website and you are paid, you should handover the website folder and cpanel login details to your client. That is what he paid for. Those that have not asked you are those that know nothing about website stuff. For instance, I have clients who know nothing about the cpanel of their websites. I have access to the cpanels till tomorrow. All they care is to see their website running. But if they ask about such details tomorrow, I will gladly hand them everything.

As for how much you should charge, consider what the previous person pointed out. Dynamic website varies and clients are not same.

1 Like

Re: Charging For A Dynamic Website by cdoffx(m): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks guys for your responses. I really appreciate. Actually i do by way of agreement retain the responsibilty of the site maintenance hence the reason why i have the site folder in my care. Is that wrong?
Re: Charging For A Dynamic Website by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Not bad. That's also good for backup purpose. But the client reserves full right to the website folder.

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Need A Registered Domain Name (operation Get Your Domain Now!) / What To Consider Before Creating Your Next Web Site / Wordpress Free Ebooks Videos And Tutorials And PDF Files

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.