Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,841 members, 7,872,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:55 PM

Train Your Back To Build Your Mirror Muscles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Train Your Back To Build Your Mirror Muscles (518 Views)

Fashanu To Build Sports Academy In Numatville Megacity, / Mikel Obi Fathers Two Children Secretly With Different Women - Mirror.co.uk / Chified Shows Off Her Muscles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Your Back To Build Your Mirror Muscles by vesasport(f): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2013
[b]Most people I see in the gym spend their time working on their “mirror muscles” (chest, abs, and chest again). But instead of creating that coveted beach body-look, these folks are actually accelerating the process of looking like a debilitated old person.
Think about it: We spend the majority of our day in the seated and slumped position; in front of a computer screen, driving, watching TV, eating, etc. All that slouching is making your mid-back muscles become chronically stretched, lengthened and weak. The muscles of your chest and shoulders get tight, which inhibits proper functioning and optimum range of motion.The end result? Most of us are logging out at the end of the day a little more “hunchbacked” than we started.

You must train your back to build your mirror muscles. For example, if your natural alignment leaves you too rounded forward and internally rotated while executing the bench press, your shoulders and triceps will end up performing the majority of the work. Your chest muscles are left unengaged and under-stimulated. In short, your chest training will be relatively ineffective until you take the time to strengthen your less glamorous, but equally important, mid-back musculature.
Every exercise in your plan should have a purpose. The GAIN Fitness App helps to ensure that process. If you feel you’re starting to suffer from computer posture, your program should include the following movements:
1. An exercise that works the entire posterior chain (backside) as a unit. A deadlift movement would fit that criterion.
2. An exercise that specifically targets the muscles of the mid-back, for example, barbell rows.
A great slogan by one of my colleagues: “Train the way you want to look.” That said, we obviously don’t want to look like we sit at a computer all day. We’d probably want to look a bit more like a Spartan Warrior or Queen
When you execute your back movements, think of the following exercise technique cues:
1. Chest out
2. Shoulders back And to specifically target the muscles of the mid-back:
3. Squeeze your shoulder blades together in the fully contracted position of each rep
At the end of the day, if you make your back your top priority, you’ll not only feel better, but look better too.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Train Your Back To Build Your Mirror Muscles by ceosville(m): 11:19am On Sep 03, 2013
cry My sis, Na Hardship make spartan Warriors be like that! This na 2013, are u praying for war? MOB... Money comes first, and the rest they say is HISTORY
Re: Train Your Back To Build Your Mirror Muscles by ceosville(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2013
cry My sis, Na Hardship make spartan Warriors be like that! This na 2013, are u praying for war? MOB... Money comes first, and the rest they say is [b]HISTORY[b/]
Re: Train Your Back To Build Your Mirror Muscles by GatJokez(f): 4:14am On Sep 04, 2013
@op: this is very great advice and makes a lot of sense. I've learned to work on strengthening my back after hurting it pretty bad some years ago. I will try my best to remember your advice - no more mirror muscles hehehe.

(1) (Reply)

Why Will Africa Fail In 2014 World Cup? / Lukaku: I Will Score More Than Chelsea Strikers / Nigeria Set Record With Ethiopia Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.