Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:15 AM

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy (288591 Views)

Curing Leukaemia With HIV: Breakthough On Treatment For Cancer? / Simple Tips To Curing Ulcer Now Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Michaelzor: 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2022
[Hey geekybabe I'm currently going through all this I'd love it if you can help me quote author=geekybabe post=88802879]Haney2, first take a deep breathe.

Acid reflux /GERD is a different ball game. Its more difficult and scary because all the pain and discomfort is all happening in your chest and attimes you wonder if its your heart. Lol. With your research I'm sure you know now that it is really just Gerd and it can be Nasty.

The approach to managing GERD is different. Because even if you treat it, anytime you eat something that irritates your digestive system and causes acid to flow back up into your oesophagus, you are literally back to discomfort. The palpitations are bad. Spasms. Involuntary muscle reflexes. Back pain. Behind the breast bone. Mid chest. Lol. I know. Just calm down. You cannot even afford to had stress and anxiety to the mix. When i first had palpitations as a result of side effects from nexium, i was scared. I landed in d ER. But palpitations are not harmful. They are discomforting and irritating but not harmful. So dont stress. Jist focus on treating your gerd. The palpitations will go. Taking buscopan attimes helps with the palpitations and spasms.

Dont eat hot meals. Don't eat spicy
Avoid soft drinks and alcohol.
Avoid any kind of oily foods.
Eat soft meals and make sure you really chew your food completely before swallowing. Except for maybe swallow meals with draw soup.

At night, try to elevate your upper body and sleep on your left side. Read it somewhere online and it helps. There is also the dry cough that comes as a result of acid flowing back up into your throat. Be mindful of that and overtime once you identify your trigger foods, you will know how to manage your self. Keep a food diary. Trust me, it helps.

Anxiety and stress makes your stomach acid levels secret more. So just try to relax and not be too anxious. Play music. Meditate. And try not to think about it too much. Overtime you wont even remember the GERD is there.

There's this suspension that works like magic for GERD. Its called sulcrafate. (sold under the brandname Ulsanic). Not sure its in Nigeria, but u can ask around. but my doc recommended it for me and i have it as backup for days when i have flares. It is not an antacid like gestid and co. It actually treats gerd. If you can't find it, use gaviscon to get relief when you have heartburn.

If the unripe plantain solution helps thats fine. I used it years back. Your lifestyle changes are more important than remedies and overtime with adjustments, you'll get better.

Keep well.. [/quote]
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 28, 2022
Am having this symptoms of heavy chest, tightness of throat, difficult in speaking, hoarseness voice,sensation in the throat, some pain in my chest breast had to stop my job because of difficulty in speaking couldn't communicate well .I went to luth to complain a test was done on me ,a long tiny road was inserted inside my throat that has camera on it but nothing was found the test was done 2times but nothing was seen.
But the machine said that it gastro acid reflux that is the cause of my difficulty in speaking .
Three weeks later I met the doctor and show her the test she said I have ulcer , that the gas coming from inside my body is affecting my throat ,I couldn't believe it when I heard that I have ulcer because I don't have stomach pain nor vomiting she wrote some drugs for me like nexium , kotase, relcer it a 3 weeks drugs. The drugs reduce the tightness of the throat but after sometime the tightness continue again . I didn't believe ulcer could cause difficult in speaking nd chest pain .
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by inno2020: 3:07pm On Jan 29, 2022
Michaelzor:
[Hey geekybabe I'm currently going through all this I'd love it if you can help me quote author=geekybabe post=88802879]Haney2, first take a deep breathe.

Acid reflux /GERD is a different ball game. Its more difficult and scary because all the pain and discomfort is all happening in your chest and attimes you wonder if its your heart. Lol. With your research I'm sure you know now that it is really just Gerd and it can be Nasty.

The approach to managing GERD is different. Because even if you treat it, anytime you eat something that irritates your digestive system and causes acid to flow back up into your oesophagus, you are literally back to discomfort. The palpitations are bad. Spasms. Involuntary muscle reflexes. Back pain. Behind the breast bone. Mid chest. Lol. I know. Just calm down. You cannot even afford to had stress and anxiety to the mix. When i first had palpitations as a result of side effects from nexium, i was scared. I landed in d ER. But palpitations are not harmful. They are discomforting and irritating but not harmful. So dont stress. Jist focus on treating your gerd. The palpitations will go. Taking buscopan attimes helps with the palpitations and spasms.

Dont eat hot meals. Don't eat spicy
Avoid soft drinks and alcohol.
Avoid any kind of oily foods.
Eat soft meals and make sure you really chew your food completely before swallowing. Except for maybe swallow meals with draw soup.

At night, try to elevate your upper body and sleep on your left side. Read it somewhere online and it helps. There is also the dry cough that comes as a result of acid flowing back up into your throat. Be mindful of that and overtime once you identify your trigger foods, you will know how to manage your self. Keep a food diary. Trust me, it helps.

Anxiety and stress makes your stomach acid levels secret more. So just try to relax and not be too anxious. Play music. Meditate. And try not to think about it too much. Overtime you wont even remember the GERD is there.

There's this suspension that works like magic for GERD. Its called sulcrafate. (sold under the brandname Ulsanic). Not sure its in Nigeria, but u can ask around. but my doc recommended it for me and i have it as backup for days when i have flares. It is not an antacid like gestid and co. It actually treats gerd. If you can't find it, use gaviscon to get relief when you have heartburn.

If the unripe plantain solution helps thats fine. I used it years back. Your lifestyle changes are more important than remedies and overtime with adjustments, you'll get better.

Keep well..

Get gangaria and thank me later
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by inno2020: 1:58pm On Jan 30, 2022
Get gangaria and thank me later
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by rdsalami103: 7:51am On Mar 08, 2022
Hello bro, have you found any cure to your ulcer
Babysho:

My brother, I've spent my life savings trying to cure this H Pylori/Ulcer of a thing. I even went to one of the best hospitals in Victoria Island only for them to scam me huge sum and tell me to continue with my omeprazole.
I can't count how many packs and different brands of omeprazole, rabreprazole, clarithromycin I have purchased.

I maintain a very healthy diet because I now know every single one of my triggers. I eat a lot of bananas I even friended the sellers. Oats everywhere. Yogurt full fridge. I'm tired.

Local mixtures? From fermented plantain to pawpaw to amala to cabbage. I'm tired.
I just want to be breath. I can't breath all the time. I have to take deep breathes every 10 seconds. I want to die. I often wake up at midnight sweating like a mad man trying to catch my breath.
I'm weak and I get dizzy after short stroll. I'm young. I use to be so healthy I never use to live like this.
My life is so depressing now and I can't even hangout with my friends anymore. I lie awake at night and pray to God that today's the day.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by muheeb01(m): 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2022
If you're battling with new,long term or reccurent ulcers honestly the total cure is very simple,it's what you know you know....I'll cure you totally and you won't experience it again dm me check my signature
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by wealthinfos(m): 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Is GERD and ulcer the same thing and same treatment? How does one know if he has ulcer or GERD by the way?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by ugomnaanny: 7:00am On Mar 10, 2022
Ahmed4002:

You can try this medicine. Although its really expensive and don't know if its available in Nigerian Pharmacy. i had this monster ulcer for years, with all symptoms of heart burn, sensational stomach burn.. luckily enough, i was in abroad.. had an endoscopy test and stool which confirms its the Ulcer and i was placed on this drug called PYLERA for 10 days and after that, had a test again and nothing was there again. and no more burning and stomach problem.

but unfortunately, i think the ulcer have touched my chest ribs so bad. cos that am expressing now.. the pains within my chest regions and sternum, a very sharp pain and some cracking sounds within the chest ribs when ever i had slight stretch or deep breath. the pain is 24/7 . i have done all sort test, x-ray, MRI - physiotherapy, ECG, heart functions, high blood pressure and all seems good. so i just have to live with the pains may be for the rest of my life. its really scaring experience for the past 7 years.

although, all test shows i have no ulcer.. but seems the aftermath is still in my body.

try look for this PYLERA. if its in Nigerian Pharmacy, if not check amazon or ebay and use one of those drop shippers we have in Nairaland, they can assist and if you lucky..they can ship it for you free.
this is me right now, my chest rib and mid section hurt so bad
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by beautyfly: 7:12am On Mar 10, 2022
At a growing age, our hormones change countless times, resulting in changing skin texture. Therefore the changing also makes our skin arider than usual, contributing to itchiness, flakiness, and white dried spots on the skin. Thus it becomes essential to utilize an effective lotion that caters to skin needs in the best way. CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion in Pakistan is an effective lotion formulated with essential ceramides to replenish the health of the skin barrier and help in retaining skin moisture efficiently. You can vitally purchase your favorite CeraVe lotion exclusively at Beautyfly at Flash sale!
https://beautyfly.pk/brands/cerave/
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by wealthinfos(m): 9:28am On Mar 10, 2022
@OP I do not have stomach pain actually but do experience chest sensation and heartburn, internal fever. How do I know which it it is weather it is GERD or Ulcer? Is GERD also known as ulcer? How do I handle this pls?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by 1sherlockHolmes: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2022
me in tires of taking omeprazole and rabeprazol

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Lastborn081789(m): 9:41am On Apr 14, 2022
geekybabe:
Hi everyone, I discovered a lot of people have been asking for solutions, remedies and cure for ulcer. I have some tips and advise to give as regards that.

I have had ulcer for almost 6years now, and I can tell u its not been funny. Vomiting, stooling with blood, intense pains overnight, chronic heartburn, etc.

Recently I started a few natural remedies, and I have felt relief that I've never known in my life. And now I know that the end of ulcer is here!

There are a few things u should know. I have seen a lot of doctors, and I can tell u, they all prescribe the same things. Antacids, antibiotics(flagyl, amoxicillin, cimetidine, etc) or a combination of d two with omeprazole tablets (meprasil, rabeprazole, ulcertret, omez, etc). Some prescribe Ulcer kits. Its the same combination( pyrox combi, ulsa-kit, etc). They usually prescribe dis for 2wks or less, depending on the intensity of the pain.

I have taken all this medications a number of times, and though it may provide relief for a while, it doesn't cure the ulcer. The worst part is the adverse effects of taking this strong antibiotics(e.g flagyl) which leads to stomach pain, vomiting, dehydration, loss of appetite and all. Attimes it could get so bad that u just have to stop them. All this things av their own effects on the body, its more complex for us females as I discovered it affects my cycle attimes.

After a while, maybe a month or 2, d pain comes back and u begin the treatment again. Its crazy I tell u.

Anyways, here are a few remedies that every ulcer patient must know especially when pain becomes recurrent:
1. Stop taking fried foods( fried meat or fish, plantain etc) or too oily meals (fried rice).
2. Stay away from spicy foods( suya, pepper soup, etc)
3. Stay away from hard. And crunchy snacks ( plantain chips, potato chips etc)
4. Avoid carbonated drinks! ( Coke, malt, sprite la casera, etc). They cause a lot of pain for an ulcer patient. Take plenty of water instead, or drink youghurt.
5. Avoid mint sweets (lemon plus, peppermint, tom-tom and the likes). Also don't take garri, or rough meals like eba.

Here are some healthy things you should do.
1. Take plenty of water. Take at least a litre of water every morning when u wake up. Thus helps to dilute the acid your stomach may av secreted over nite.
2. Eat swallows more with draw soup, (ewedu, okro, etc less of egusi)
3. Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. E.g bananas, apples, watermelon, avocado, cucumber, carrots and cabbage. ORANGES ARE NOT GOOD FOR ULCER PATIENTS.
4. If u can get apple cider vinegar(ACV), its good for heartburns and ulcer too. Just add like 2tablespoons of it into a glass of water. It gives relief. Research just showed dat antacids are not too good for heartburns.
5. Eat in bits. A little at a time, so ur stomach can digest it in bits. Always av snacks like biscuits, banana, with you if u know in case you are hungry.
6. Too much of some nuts, may cause pains. (E.g groudnut, walnut, cashew nuts.) NEVER eat ROASTED CORN. Its rough and can cause the ulcer to bleed, hence causing pain.

I did some research online, and I found a few natural remedies.
1. Grate like 8 unripe plantains in 4-5litres of water in a keg. Let it ferment for at least 48hrs. Take a cup at least 3 or 4 times a day, in the morning afternoon and night, and before u sleep. Its preferable if u take it an hour before meals. I have been using this particular therapy and its working wonders! Take it for like 3weeks or so. It has no side effects that I av seen so far, just adhere to d normal ulcer do's and donts.
2. Cabbage juice has been found to heal ulcers too. I tried it but couldn't tolerate it for long cos it was making me feel like vomiting. Heard its good if u blend with carrot and drink. Its should be taken instantly for best results. Don't store d juice in a fridge. It can make u stool a little, but it worked well when I used it.
3. While this natural remedies are good, it doesn't mean you should stay away from your doctor. Make sure you have a doctor that's monitoring you.

Most of all, its all this things I av written require discipline. There is nothing like a peaceful mind too. Worry less, and stay stress free. Then trust God for a good health cause he is the one who gives health and peace!
I hope i have helped quite a number of people with this. Thanks. I would reply to any questions u have.

You can also use watermelon seed to ease ulcer pains. It contains citrulline that increase inflow of blood to the stomach. I found the article here:: https://www.informant4u.com/2022/04/is-watermelon-good-for-ulcer-patient.html

2 Likes

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by greggng: 1:01am On Apr 16, 2022
Reachyrich:
Luk 4 unripe banana soak it for 3 days and start taking it thrice a day.thats what i used 4 my chronic ulcer a yrs bk.just try it out.

Unripe banana or unripe plantain ...which one do we take?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Emmyjay007(m): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2022
Good day Naralanders
Please help a fellow Naralander, I have been out of employment for over a year now and I have a 4 yr old asmatic son.
He has been admitted in LUTH now for over a week and I have run out of resources, I can't even afford his inhaler and other prescribed drugs let alone pay for his treatment..
I beg with all humility do sis. Anything at all Will be of help
Gtbank
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Akposkiz: 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Can ulcer be cured!
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Beress(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
ogb12:
I've been suffering dis for 4 years now I've tried everything including de onece u listed,I'v visited so many doctors they give de same precribtion,my family are even tired of spending I'm 21 years nd hustling just 2 raise money for drugs,de worst of it is dat it has causesed me a running stomach,I go 2 toilet about 7 time everyday for 4 years now wit 80%of de stool blood,I've become so thin dat my junior broda now looks lyk my elder bro,but tnks so much for dis post I'll give it a try.

What's up bro any solution yet?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by maduchiomaela: 3:54am On Oct 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by iamL(f): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2022
Healthrelatedjo:
Ogbe Inu(ulcer)
Ogede nla dudu bi ose fe ki o po si
Bo epo Ara e,re si Inu omi fun ojo meta,
Leyin ojo meta,ro papo ki o to my,otan.
And pls stay away from d following:guava, peppery stew,hot drink, and whatever triggers it.

Ogede dudu is unripe plantain
The one we fry for beans

Not everyone can read yoruba.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Haryurhola(f): 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
Experiencing the same thing
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by funb01: 7:01am On Dec 05, 2022
Mine is just a pain that gets worse after eating, particularly at the belly button area. Although I'm not totally sure, but I use to feel this discomfort in my intestine. I use to feel the pain when I sit as well, but surprisingly I don't feel any pain when I walk.
I've been managing ulcer for the past four years, but I've been experiencing only this symptom for the past two months. Currently using drugs with no sign of improvement.

I don't know if anybody has experienced this before? Your response will go a long way in helping solve this problem.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by JaynBarbie: 3:55am On Jun 17, 2023
Dear Monica is a renowned online fashion boutique known for its wide range of trendy and high-quality clothing. With their commitment to exceptional customer service and unique designs, Dear Monica has become a go-to destination for fashion enthusiasts.

By choosing the Karma Blazer Shorts Set from Dear Monica, you are not only investing in a stylish and versatile outfit but also supporting a brand that values quality and customer satisfaction. Dear Monica's attention to detail and commitment to excellence ensure that every piece they offer is of the highest standard.

In conclusion, the Karma Blazer Shorts Set is a must-have addition to any fashion-forward woman's wardrobe. With its unique pattern, impeccable tailoring, and comfortable fit, this set is perfect for any occasion. Whether you're attending a formal event or looking to elevate your everyday style, the https://www.dearmonica.com/collections/winter-sweater-dresses/products/karma-blazer-set[url]Karma Blazer Shorts Set[/url]
from Dear Monica is the perfect choice. Visit Dear Monica's website today at https://www.dearmonica.com to explore their collection of stylish and trendy clothing.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by cokhale(m): 4:37am On Jun 21, 2023
Cure for pepsin ulcer
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by jadajada: 4:14am On Jun 23, 2023
Healthrelatedjo:
Ah,this ulcer of a thing has herbal medicine na,you guys shld stop wasting money pls,all this oyinbo drugs will only relieve it for few minutes but herbal medicine will cure it(I mean heal up d inner wound)
can this herbal drug cure someone that has been diagnosed of gastric outlet obstruction and was asked to go for surgery?
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Kherring: 10:50am On Jun 25, 2023
Interested parties can explore their Rent a Car Service in Islamabad by clicking on the link provided. [url]Rent a Car Service in Islamabad[/https://nadirrentacar.com]
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Kherring: 10:55am On Jun 25, 2023
Nadir Rent a Car is a comprehensive car rental service in Islamabad that offers a wide range of vehicles to suit specific needs. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, Nadir Rent a Car guarantees convenience and comfort with their well-maintained and reliable fleet of vehicles. The company offers flexible rental plans, competitive pricing, and exceptional customer service, making them the preferred choice for car rentals in Islamabad. Interested parties can explore their Rent a Car Service in Islamabad by clicking on the link provided.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by Kherring: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2023
Additionally, Nadir Rent a Car offers a monthly car rental service for those seeking a longer-term solution. This service is ideal for individuals who require a vehicle for an extended period but do not wish to make a long-term commitment to purchasing one. The monthly rental plans are affordable and hassle-free, allowing customers to enjoy the benefits of having a car without the responsibilities of ownership. To find out more about the Rent a Car on Monthly Basis in Islamabad service, please visit the Nadir Rent a Car website.
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by JaynBarbie: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2023
The Russian Style Ethic Flower Printing Square Scarf Shawl showcases a stunning flower printing design inspired by the rich cultural heritage of Russia. The intricate patterns and vibrant colors come together harmoniously, creating a visually striking piece that instantly catches the eye. This scarf shawl is a celebration of ethnic artistry and a testament to the beauty of cultural diversity.

here is the Link: Russian Style Ethic Flower Printing Square Scarf Shaw
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by JaynBarbie: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2023
The Cape Shawl High-Quality Women Winter Scarf Fashion Poncho Blankets are crafted with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring the highest quality standards. Made from premium materials, this cape shawl offers exceptional warmth and insulation, making it perfect for braving chilly temperatures. Wrap yourself in the sumptuous embrace of this poncho blanket and experience the ultimate comfort and coziness.

LINK: Cape shawl High quality women winter scarf fashion Poncho blankets
Re: Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy by JaynBarbie: 8:35am On Jun 30, 2023
Introducing the Spain Fashion Plain Ombre Geometric Patchwork Viscose Scarf, a stylish and versatile accessory that combines fashion-forward design with the utmost comfort. Available exclusively on usaimported, this scarf is a must-have addition to your autumn and winter wardrobe, adding a touch of elegance and warmth to your outfits.

The Spain Fashion Plain Ombre Geometric Patchwork Viscose Scarf features a unique and eye-catching design that blends plain, ombre, and geometric patchwork elements. The result is a visually stunning piece that effortlessly catches the eye and adds a contemporary twist to your look. This scarf is a true fashion statement, allowing you to showcase your individuality and sense of style.

Crafted from high-quality viscose fabric, this scarf offers a soft and luxurious feel against your skin. Viscose is known for its excellent draping qualities, providing an elegant and graceful flow to the scarf when worn. It also offers lightweight warmth, making it ideal for layering during the cooler seasons. Wrap yourself in the sumptuous embrace of this scarf and experience both comfort and style.

Link: Spain Fashion Plain Ombre Geometric Patchwork Viscose Scarf

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims / 8 Steps To Grow Your Edges Back Within 2 Months!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.