Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,824 members, 7,902,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:29 PM

She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches (968 Views)

10 Signs That Shows Your Girlfriend Won't Marry You / All Because Of Nairaland He Said I Won't Marry His Daughter. / Guys like girls with skimpy dresses and tight trousers, but they won't marry them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by ubrendan: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2008
My friend have a problem and the your advice, what is he going to do?
HE has been going with this girl for about 5yrs now but recently something happened. They started in 2003 when he was in skool but then he was in his final year while she is in her 2nd year but then in 2005 during his service they had a problem that seperated them for about 1 year and in 2006 they settled their problem and started afresh and ever since things have been going on fine.
Besides, he has promised to marry her and becos of her he changed his mind of travelling out so that he can be able to keep to his promise. he is a catholic and she is an anglican but no longer attend that and now attends one of this pentecostal churches. initally she accepted going to his own church last year 2007 untill now. He loves her very much and so much wish that she is his wife but now
It happened that in may this year she came visiting and told him she is now born again and that she cannot go to his church and that he should look 4 any of the pentecostal churches let us go. But he refused that she will be the one that will go to her church.
During her visit he gave an engagement ring to show that he is serious with his words which she collected and now she is telling him that we cannot marry unless he agree to her what she said, that she cant go to catholic with him. He has tried convincing her but to no avail and she stood on her ground.
WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO? PLS I REALLY NEED YOUR OPINION.
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by Cristalz(f): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2008
Compromise.This sunday they go Catholic, next sunday Pentecostal. Mid-week fellowships and Charismatic not allowed. grin
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by manmustwac(m): 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2008
Cristalz:

Compromise.This sunday they go Catholic, next sunday Pentecostal. Mid-week fellowships and Charismatic not allowed. grin
Correct idea. Early morning service they go to Catholic then late morning service they go to Pentecostal abi? Or are they both so selfish in their beliefs that they cannot compromise?
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by shylladear(f): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2008
i think it is the girls family members that are bent on seeing her get married in their church (penticostal) but a guy who wants to marry a girl sholud be ready to go to her church or forget it
cause its the girl that is wedding him not the other way round
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by shylladear(f): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2008
rather (pentecostal) shocked
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by Cristalz(f): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2008
manmustwac:

Correct idea. Early morning service they go to Catholic then late morning service they go to Pentecostal abi? Or are they both so selfish in their beliefs that they cannot compromise?

Abi o. Love conquers all  grin grin

@shylladear
We're in Africa dearie.The man is expected to get married in her church,but after marriage,she goes where he wants. In this case,if neither wants to budge,a compromise is best  grin

manmustwac's idea sounds good  grin grin
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by shylladear(f): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2008
manmustwac's
whats that
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by NegroNtns(m): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2008
It seems their difference is based on religious following. Are these not graduates?  They need to decide if they want to practice religion or if they want to practice faith.  The two are not the same.  Faith keep prople together, religion divide and separate people.  

If they choose to practice faith then I am sure their love will survive and they will end up in marriage.  If they choose on the other hand to follow misguided religious leaders, then they will end up being led away from one another.
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by Cristalz(f): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2008
@shylladear
manmustwac is a person grin The dude that replied the poster after i did.
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by CrazyMan(m): 8:01pm On Jun 14, 2008
I don’t think that girl is ready to get married; what’s the difference between a catholic and a Pentecostal church? Isn’t it the same God we all worship?

You know some women loose their life partners due to foolishness and stubbornness; what’s wrong in becoming a catholic; I’ve seen many women change churches when they get married.

Tell your friend that if she really wants to get married, then she should put aside her stubbornness and immaturity since she claims to be a graduate and become a catholic; she should be more concerned about her future and not religious differences since we all serve the same God.
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by Godalone(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2008
crazykid:

I don’t think that girl is ready to get married; what’s the difference between a catholic and a Pentecostal church? Isn’t it the same God we all worship?

You know some women loose their life partners due to foolishness and stubbornness; what’s wrong in becoming a catholic; I’ve seen many women change churches when they get married.

Tell your friend that if she really wants to get married, then she should put aside her stubbornness and immaturity since she claims to be a graduate and become a catholic; she should be more concerned about her future and not religious differences since we all serve the same God.
Good words.
Re: She Won't Marry Him Because They're From Different Churches by fotodaddy: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2008
I am still trying to understand human beings.

Them never marry and issues don start. This marriage thing is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly. Personally, I would say they go their separate ways for both their sakes. If they dont, one of the two will always be hurting cos they did what they really didnt want to.

One EXTREMELY important rule for a marriage to work is that both parties should have similar goals, principles and values. This will help push them together in a world that's trying to pull them apart.

(1) (Reply)

Whats Right Age For For Marriage For Guys. / . / Honest Response Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.