Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,927 members, 7,976,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:42 AM

A Thread For Poultry Owners - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Thread For Poultry Owners (15319 Views)

A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs / A Thread For Nigerian Army Applicants / A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Lakeshizu(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
Morgan1092: Gooosh. was a big lost
are u sure the vet was a real one or all dis shop attendant that adminster drugs to customers?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by ceah(m): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
To reduce the bad odor in your poultry to less than 10 percent you need a bio disc to energize your water. It will also help to reduce vaccination to the bear-est minimum. For more information about the Biodisc you can visit this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/208012/bio-disc-living-water-scalar
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by amosuoluwaseyi(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
to know more about poultry farm (fish, plantain plantation, chicken and so on. check on this sitehttp://www.wealthresult.com/
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
youmour: Any tips on catfish farming on how to make them grow bigger?
feed them well when the are young, i mean whn u newly buy them feed them in a rush, change water oftn.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by pat077: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
do anybodi ve a clue of hw much i can get a-day old broiler?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Morgan1092(m): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
pat077: do anybodi ve a clue of hw much i can get a-day old boiler?
U want to buy BOILER (as u quoted) or BROILER ?
Well if it is broiler i bought mine 4 #160 i.e. In cartoon. But i heard d price has increased to 250. Am in Abia state shaa as it may differ in ur location
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Davidolives(m): 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
i started wit 102 birds and later bought 4wks old abt 30 but i lost 5 birds from d 102 and lost 12 from d 30(rat attack) but seriously i tot it was a joke d feed money is killing
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by olatayo1984(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
oly4jesus: am an animal scientist seeking for job 08032193086 or spea2anel212@yahoo.com
am an animal scientist too but a graduate student of Oau,ife. If you live in osun and you have an abandon pen that we can use to rear birds (we rent it), that can contain from 1000 to 2500 for 5-7weeks let me kw. Let all the expenses,if u can get a pen and you dnt mind,we cn do that together and you will see how it pay off. Contact me if u re interested on 07030468554 or faleyeolatayo@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by olatayo1984(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
I currently have 2400 plus of broilers but i need another pen that be rent. Any pen that can accomodate from 1000 to 2500 birds in any part of osun is needed urgently. Anyone with information or have one should contact tayo on 07030468554 or faleyeolatayo@yahoo.com
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by samshoz(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
Already discussed here. http://
www.nairaland.com/640716/
starting-poultry-farm-blog
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by samshoz(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
ceah: To reduce the bad odor in your poultry to less than 10 percent you need a bio disc to energize your water. It will also help to reduce vaccination to the bear-est minimum. For more information about the Biodisc you can visit this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/208012/bio-disc-living-water-scalar
how much is it?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by pendusky(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Funjosh:

5-6 weeks or months please?
5-6 weeks, note they eat day and night!
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by PilotOz(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hello.. Have anyone noticed that the deaths are mainly cocks?? Iam currently in a poultry business and we bought 30 birds, one died upon delivery(a mistake of putting the birds in the boot of a bus, and one was killed when the conductor slammed the boot door with bone crushing force).. So far 2 have died and pls do birds commit suicide?? A famer who is in the business told me they can commit suicide when starving?? I've spent quite alot on drugs and the last 2 that died didn't react to the drugs.. They were all cocks.. coccidostat and all i have bought.. And pls tell me if i need a drug for the cold weather? Their housing has a heat lamp though. Between, they are almost 2 months old

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by TARCHYCARDIA: 4:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
So i can come across a discussion like this on Nairaland.I have seen some post here that are disheartening,make some1 depress coming to poultry farming and some motivate,enlighten my view.I observe that most of this birds you guys discuss here arent strong lyk our local birds perhap because am use to hen&cock but how can 1 manage the poultry farming of nowadays to get efficient and +ve result.Is it that people dont rear goat&sheep again,i rear them but my challenge is when they get infectd nd their feace bcom watery(liquid) instead of the solid form and somtym cough. What can i do in regard to my afformention.THANKS
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by PilotOz(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
And pls what do i do when i notcie that my birds suddenly becomes in active?? And doesn't eat their feeds?? What causes in ability to eat?? Pls i would appreciate ur ans thanks.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by lukesh(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
any prof idea on how to boost my layers egg drop during this raining season. i dewormed them last week and also gave them newcastle vaccine 'lasota' with constant use of egg boost drugs like 'atlast egg boost' bt i didn't notice any significant improvement of the egg drops. i have about 200 birds and couldn't afford 'egg drop syndromme vaccine-EDS' which goes for a minimum of #8000 for 1000 birds. please any advice out there on other options. For the person with the question of drugs for birds cough and catarrh try 'tylodox' a teaspoon in a 4 litre drinker for 3 days. And for snakes attack on eggs just plant tobacco leave around the cage,pen house,brooder or deep litter; it' s anti snake, snake anathema it keep them away even from buildings. Anybody with technical know-how and effective ways to manage bird dung in battery cages' during raining season before sale so that it will not be eyesore and smelly? and what can be use to minimize poultry smell? Ideas pls
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by seguno2: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Morgan1092: Dis is a free thread, hence i feel nothing to hide. We will appreciate if u will reply with the tips so dat we all can. learn. Tanx in advance

Person give you starter kit for free you still dey ask for free airtime recharge.
Na wetin be dat one
You never hear sey free lunch nor dey yankee?
Even sef for area, free lunch nor suppose dey as per bible talk sey no food for lazy man, nor be so?
======================================

PS: I take back some of my post as I thought you were quoting TDama who already gave a FEW tips and not the other guy wey dey take style do free advert for here.
Cheers.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
Big4wig: So if i no get fowl,i no go comment...

END TIME TINZ JOR

I get one fowl, just killed the sister fowl. Two of them were purchased for consumption anyway.. They are over used layers... I have the space for poultry and i know it isnt a challenge... Alas! I lack the time...

Subscribing...

Btw, how is dis connected to end timz
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Honiepie24: 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
@segun,if yu ve got any idea share it n stop d long talk,if nt kip it
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by jamp: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
sirugos: 1500 is currently in my farm. They are laying normal. Though am targeting another 500 broilers for Xmas business. My poultry attendance are working fine. Just that my second sets pullets.. Have coccidiouses which am treating them. But will soon be fine

Bro my 1 month pullets have coccidioses, what do I do cos my vet is not around and they are dying
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by mfm04622: 12:30am On Sep 06, 2013
Gozychuks: I lost 12 turkeys out of 35. They r abt 18wks old now.this is my first time. What do I need to do to improve growth. I also hv abt 100 9wks old Broilers
Why aree you still feeding a 9 week old broiler? Sell them off and start another set. Or no market?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by majalong(m): 5:54am On Sep 06, 2013
I deal in quail rearing and production and i can tell you it's the most cost effective business compare to other poultry business. The bird hardly get sick and they need less vaccine.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by HASHAJU(m): 6:53am On Sep 06, 2013
nice one i wish to do dis too but dnt knw how to start
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by spikesC(m): 11:27am On Sep 06, 2013
Honiepie24: @spikes hw much r ur dogs?i hear u liv in enugu right?

Sorry, i dnt sell dogs, rather, am looking for one to buy. A german shepherd actually. I live in Enugu, so if u got one, pls holla me
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Honiepie24: 4:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
@spikes do u want male or female puppy?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by spikesC(m): 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Honiepie24: @spikes do u want male or female puppy?

male puppy
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Honiepie24: 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
spike my friend got mastif nd wrot,2mnths nd 6mnths.wud u lik dat?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by spikesC(m): 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
Honiepie24: spike my friend got mastif nd wrot,2mnths nd 6mnths.wud u lik dat?

Those are rather old dogs. I need ONLY a German shepherd PUPPY
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Realdeals(m): 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Download Free e-boook on packaging of poultry products and other agricultural products at http://www./resource-download
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Realdeals(m): 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
Newcastle Disease is a highly contagious viral disease affecting poultry of all ages. Affected species include chickens, turkeys, pigeons and ducks. The condition is rarely diagnosed in ducks but is a possible cause of production drops/fertility problems. Other species can be infected including mammals occasionally (e.g. conjunctivitis in man).

Signs

Signs are highly variable and will depend on the nature of the infecting virus (see above), the infective dose and the degree of immunity from previous exposure or vaccination.

Sudden Death
Depression.
Inappetance.
Coughing.
Dyspnoea.
Diarrhoea.
Nervous signs.
Paralysis.
Twisted neck.
Severe drop in egg production.
Moult.

Treatment
None, antibiotics to control secondary bacteria.

Prevention
Vaccination programmes should use vaccines of high potency, which are adequately stored and take into account the local conditions. A typical programme may involve Hitchner B1 vaccine at day old followed by LaSota-type vaccine at 14 days. The LaSota-type vaccine may even repeated at 35-40 days of age if risk is high. Use of spray application is recommended but it needs to be applied with care to achieve good protection with minimal reaction.

Inactivated vaccines have largely replaced the use of live vaccines in lay but they do not prevent local infections.

To prevent or reduce vaccinal reactions in young chicks it is important that day old have uniform titres of maternal immunity. Vaccinal reactions may present as conjunctivitis, snicking, and occasionally gasping due to a plug of pus in the lower trachea. In some countries it has been customary to provide antibiotics prophylactically during periods of anticipated vaccinal reaction. Use of Mycoplasma gallisepticum free stock under good management reduces the risk of vaccinal reactions.

Watch Video Here

Source:
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Gozychuks(m): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
mfm04622:
Why aree you still feeding a 9 week old broiler? Sell them off and start another set. Or no market?
They r not fully grown.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Gozychuks(m): 12:04am On Sep 07, 2013
My 9wks old broilers are not well grown. I am trying to manage them till dec. I av abt 100 of them. Am of the view that they will be very big in Dec and I will sell at a higher price. Any advice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Only The Connected Get The Jobs At Entry Level. But Why? / Got Sms From 15,adekunbi Cresent,off Oluwaleyimu Str,allen Avenue,ikeja,lagos / Requirements For A Job In A Tel'com. Company?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.