Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,604 members, 7,888,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:39 PM

Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? (49536 Views)

Olympus Has Fallen Vs London Has Fallen / Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down / Which Is The Better Movie? White House Down 2013 Or Olympus Has Fallen 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by MrAboki: 9:42am On Sep 06, 2013
[b]As far as I'm concerned o;

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN:: The part I love the most about this movie was that the way the took the white house was more realisitic than the way they took the White House in 'WHite House Down'. In White House Down, it took less than 15 men to take down the entire White House before extra back-up arrived.. But in Olympus Has Fallen, They stormed the White House with like over 100 men.. They First started with the Air Attack, then ground attacks, they used RPGS, Javelins (SAMs), e.t.c... worked their way into the White House. They had higher calibre weapons in Olympus has fallen. The plan of attack on the WHite house in Olympus has Fallen was more eleborate than it was in White House Down.. They didnt even clearly show how a bomb was successfully smuggled into the White House in White House Down.. Even Jamie Fox didnt really carry the Character of the President of the United States that well.

Killer Scene from WHITE HOUSE DOWN:: When the small Girl Waved the Flag to stop the Air Strike on the White House... I actually teared up a bit there.. Best scene of the Move.. Also the shooting down of Airforce One.

Killer Scene from OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN:: When he interogated the two perps he captured..

White House down was cool, but Olympus Killed it! [/b]

4 Likes

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by nitrogen(m): 9:49am On Sep 06, 2013
'Olympus has fallen' all the way.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2013
Nosyke:

God Bless you, that scene got me laughing so hard.

I almost cried when the little girl waved off the air strike with the flag.

*Sir, operation free castle is ready in 2 minutes, we need a final go/no go!!!!

I think I prefer WHD cos of the comic effect by Jamie Fox.
OHF has so much wreckage gosh

*sir in 2 minutes, Sir sir....sir Sir abort abort abort plan I can't do this*

I got so emotional
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 06, 2013
And when channing saw her waving flag he was like ...you gotta run, I told you to run..

1 Like

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by AHA1(m): 10:06am On Sep 06, 2013
--HOW HAUSA/FULANI DESTROYED NIGERIA ( PART 1- 4) HD-3D

A MOVIE EVERY NIGERIAN MUST WATCH

1 Like

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by korexes(f): 10:08am On Sep 06, 2013
Olympus has fallen was d best jare
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by adsonstone: 10:19am On Sep 06, 2013
Lately, I've heard too much about these movies....all my colleagues have said much about them.

Unfortunately, I'm not a movie freak. #not interested in watching them. undecided
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by cumpaddre(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2013
END TIME THINGS is a better movie.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by ellab(f): 10:27am On Sep 06, 2013
Olympus has fallen is way better
White house down just looked like d producers were waiting for Olympus to be shown b4 they copy it.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by haflyness(f): 10:33am On Sep 06, 2013
Moi-b:
U guys r jus sayin olympus has fallen.i'm 100 percent sure u havnt watched white house down.abeg make una go w wink wink winkatch d two movies b4 comparin wink
Thank you my dear, I am sure they ave not seen white house down. White house down is a movie u can call action comedy, I used to think olympus has fallen was the best movie I ave seen this year till I watched white house down.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by moisco: 10:42am On Sep 06, 2013
speedyboi:

You and 'Childish' grin grin grin grin grin. You said the same thing with Harry Potter. Yea...I remember tongue
.........WHD is d Bomb ......me lik
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by gameboy727(m): 10:43am On Sep 06, 2013
I prefer OHF. The attack was bada$$. Just kill any livingthing around the White House.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by moppie123(m): 10:44am On Sep 06, 2013
for me it's olympus has fallen.... Better graphics, better action and the way the bad guys took the white house down looked cooler too with powerful weapons.... White house down on the other hand added some humor and it was more emotional. But the way they took down the white house didn't really go down well with me considering how secure the white house is. I'll say White house down is more of an action comedy while Olympus has fallen is an action movie
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Kk4(m): 10:44am On Sep 06, 2013
White house down has more action, suspense, humor and tougher villains. OHF is aight though.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by 4peace(m): 10:45am On Sep 06, 2013
haflyness:
Thank you my dear, I am sure they ave not seen white house down. White house down is a movie u can call action comedy, I used to think olympus has fallen was the best movie I ave seen this year till I watched white house down.

I have watched the two

to me OHF is more like real than WHD (comedy)
strategies is on point,from pentagon to white house for rescue will take 15 minutes and Bad Guys took it down within 13 minutes.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by onebody(m): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2013
Olympus has fallen
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by JudeP(m): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2013
osahonmk: hmmmmmmm..... the two movies are quite cool to me.... Olympus has fallen has more action and quite drilling (I remeber when the Secret Service Official said "OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN" cheesy cheesy cheesy... ..... BUT White house is more emotional (WHEN THE GURL WAS WAVING THE FLAG OF THE PRESIDENT) I felt like crying tho wink wink wink and its full of suspense......
But i will pick Olympus has fallen cuz of the action there....
you just said my mind.they are both great movies but i go 4 olympus has fallen
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by TheMatrix3: 11:07am On Sep 06, 2013
When's the pirated copy coming out in d market? ADON TAYA TO WAIT sad
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by wonderiyke(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2013
mercylad: I'll pick WHD over OHD a million times............OHD is just too serious for my likeness

Taking over the most protected residence in the world is serious business, my friend. OHF all the way!!!!!!
Despite all that has been credited to OHF, I want to point out that the terrorists in that movie weren't the usual suspects(Arabs/Muslims/Islamists); they used North Koreans instead. To me, that was FRESH!! Something new for a change!!
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by omar22(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2013
Actually WHD had a little more meat to the storyline but the execution was so poor compared to Olympus Has Fallen.

@Jamie Foxx was the worst American Leader I have seen on the box

@Maggie Gyllenhaal as a spoke person, she lacked that sharpness, Angela Bassett had in Olympus

@Channing Tatum may be or may be not, good actor but wrong role only Gerrard Butler or Bruce Willis could pull off the act in Olympus.

the Whole action, the air strike, bombing the gates and fence, sending out a drone etc.

I bet Nollywood is watching for they released their own version

1 Like

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by wonderiyke(m): 11:18am On Sep 06, 2013
omar22: Actually WHD had a little more meat to the storyline but the execution was so poor compared to Olympus Has Fallen.

@Jamie Foxx was the worst American Leader I have seen on the box

@Maggie Gyllenhaal as a spoke person, she lacked that sharpness, Angela Bassett had in Olympus

@Channing Tatum may be or may be not, good actor but wrong role only Gerrard Butler or Bruce Willis could pull off the act in Olympus.

the Whole action, the air strike, bombing the gates and fence, sending out a drone etc.

I bet Nollywood is watching for they released their own version

Great analysis, dude. So on point!!
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by DICKtator: 11:20am On Sep 06, 2013
abdulrey: Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down have the same story line

Olympus Has Fallen Synopsis:
Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack; using his inside knowledge, Banning works with national security to rescue the President from his kidnappers.

Stars: Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman

Director: Antoine Fuqua

White House Down Story Line:
Capitol Policeman John Cale has just been denied his dream job with the Secret Service of protecting President James Sawyer. Not wanting to let down his little girl with the news, he takes her on a tour of the White House, when the complex is overtaken by a heavily armed paramilitary group. Now, with the nation’s government falling into chaos and time running out, it’s up to Cale to save the president, his daughter, and the country.

Stars: Channing Tatum, Jamie Foxx, Maggie Gyllenhaal

Director: Roland Emmerich

Have you watched both films? Which do you think was more riveting and better?

White house down has a release date of November 2013. except you are talking bout going to watch the premiere in the cinema, my answer is No, i haven't watched it!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by dayoade2007(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2013
Definitely "Olympus has fallen"
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by yindamola: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2013
Definitely Olympus has fallen.
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by tslily: 11:46am On Sep 06, 2013
I have watched both movies on the same day but I couldn't keep my eyes off Olympus has fallen. I have to watch it again and again. Olympus has fallen beat WHD down. The graphics and sophiscated weapons used in olympus has fallen is second to none. Anytime, anyday I ll go for olympus has fallen

1 Like

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by docsamie: 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
olympus has fallen was better! the way the bad guys took over was simply thrilling, white house down didnt try in that part. but white house had comedy in it, Jamie did well there. Olympus......the code name was dah bomb..........datz all!
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by JosephCudjoe(m): 12:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
Olympus has fallen is more mature as d bad guys did a 9ce take down unlyk white house dwn ..but I want 2 ask, y d name "olympus has fallen" 4 d movie,no referebce 2 Olympus in d movie
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by sundons(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
To me olypus has fallen is better. It has better graphic and more emotional scenes
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by repogirl(f): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
Joseph Cudjoe: Olympus has fallen is more mature as d bad guys did a 9ce take down unlyk white house dwn ..but I want 2 ask, y d name "olympus has fallen" 4 d movie,no referebce 2 Olympus in d movie

Olympus Was codename for d whitehouse, just as spark plug was d presidents son.

1 Like

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by JerryMaduka(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
i have both movies on my system but i've watches Olympus has fallen to the extent it started skipping. Its far more better
Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by quinty(f): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
The two movies r interesting but for me I will go for Olympus Has Fallen grin

1 Like

Re: Olympus Has Fallen Vs White House Down: Which Is Better? by Skii(m): 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mehn, I just had to chime in on this one

In my opinion, olympus has fallen only just slightly edges white house down.

One of my favourite parts in OHF was when it appeared like they were gonna shoot that lady secretary of state in the back when they ordered her to walk, before Gerald Butler popped out and took their attention.

In WHD, the girl waving the flag, though emotional (whipping up most of y'all sentimemts), highly unrealistic! Plus Obama would never say "get ur hands of my Jordans"!

But all the same, both movies were great though

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Big Brother Couldn't Spell 'Naira' Correctly / Tobi Bakre Wins AMVCA Best Actor In A Drama, Movie Or Tv Series / BBNaija: Oge Iloh Blasts Ella & Kim For Exposing Tacha's Body Odour (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.