Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,561 members, 7,972,106 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 12:02 AM

Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference (3449 Views)

Religious Section - PAGAN / ATHEIST STRIKE 2013 / The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Roman Catholicism -- Christian or pagan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by RayMcBlue(m): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
*Contemplating mode*
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by TerryCarr(m): 11:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
joel lala:

Common logicboy, lets stop beating about the bush. You know the truth.

In India the police in Khurja reported "dozens of sacrifices" in the period of half a year in 2006. Human sacrifices are occasionally carried out by extreme followers of Kali, the goddess of power.

In January, 2008, Milton Blahyi of Liberia confessed being part of human sacrifices which "included the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart, which was divided into pieces for us to eat." He fought against Charles Taylor's militia.

In August 2004, a muti killing took place in Ireland; the headless corpse of a Malawi woman was found near Piltown, County Kilkenny.

In Nigeria alone, the high rate of human sacrifice aka rituals is solely caused by pagans in disguise of being a traditionalist or babalawo as they call them in yoruba land. Other areas in Nigeria practise rituals which is directly related to paganism.
paganism is just a term to describe non Abrahamic religions

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

In India the police in Khurja reported "dozens of sacrifices" in the period of half a year in 2006. Human sacrifices are occasionally carried out by extreme followers of Kali, the goddess of power.

In January, 2008, Milton Blahyi of Liberia confessed being part of human sacrifices which "included the killing of an innocent child and plucking out the heart, which was divided into pieces for us to eat." He fought against Charles Taylor's militia.

In August 2004, a muti killing took place in Ireland; the headless corpse of a Malawi woman was found near Piltown, County Kilkenny.

In Nigeria alone, the high rate of human sacrifice aka rituals is solely caused by pagans in disguise of being a traditionalist or babalawo as they call them in yoruba land. Other areas in Nigeria practise rituals which is directly related to paganism.

See the problem? Any fetish killing is linked to pagans. Notice that you didnt link any of the killings to a particular pagan or pagan religion/practice

This is how christians brainwash the public to hate pagans.

Ritual killings in Nigeria are not a result of paganism. IThere is no such thing as making magic money from corpses. What happens is that enterprising Nigerians kill and harvest organs for the health black market. They sell organs to people in need of donors.

The headless corpse left is to scare and confuse superstitious people away from what they are really doing

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

See the problem? Any fetish killing is linked to pagans. Notice that you didnt link any of the killings to a particular pagan or pagan religion/practice

This is how christians brainwash the public to hate pagans.

Ritual killings in Nigeria are not a result of paganism. IThere is no such thing as making magic money from corpses. What happens is that enterprising Nigerians kill and harvest organs for the health black market. They sell organs to people in need of donors.

The headless corpse left is to scare and confuse superstitious people away from what they are really doing

It is disgusting when people try to cover up things that are obviously true.

Read here about okija killings: http://kanoonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=1583.0;wap2

also : https://www.nairaland.com/572690/road-okija-shrine-ibo-land and https://www.nairaland.com/392639/barbarous-acts-okija-shrine

Oduduwa human shrines:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-386200.0.html

You can google out more pictures of the terrible things that happened in Okija and their shrine.

I remember when i served, we were strickly warned by the Oba and co in a town in Osun state not to go out because their ritual will be taking place, they will make human sacrifice if anybody is caught in the night(esp females) and there was another one saying that he will rain causes on you.

Anyonther people that has served in other states will tell you their own experience.

So my friend your statement is not only lugubrious but also sardonic.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by RayMcBlue(m): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2013
*Finished contemplation*

I have reached a decision.

Apart from being embattled by both Christian and Muslims, Paganism has nothing in common with Atheism.

Paganism still represent something I despise and that's mental slavery. Okay, so their religion is not of foreign origin, so what? It doesn't make them any different than those that go to church every Sunday.

[size=16pt]Pagans believe in a deity[/size]

I detest the association and comparison.

We are nothing alike.
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

Ifeness if i recollect properly , you dont evven believe that a God exist..what you believe in are aliens from another planet. so who here has really lost an identity.

Not Aliens but extraterrestrials;humanoids like you and I living on other planets or other dimensions. I do not worship them,you do.

According to the vadas,Shiva,Krishna came from another planet. According to the Bible Yahweh,Baal,El (gods of the bible) came from another world. Isn't that enough evidence for you? Do you still think I'm wrong? I could give you more examples.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

Read here about okija killings: http://kanoonline.com/smf/index.php?topic=1583.0;wap2

also : https://www.nairaland.com/572690/road-okija-shrine-ibo-land and https://www.nairaland.com/392639/barbarous-acts-okija-shrine

Oduduwa human shrines:

You can google out more pictures of the terrible things that happened in Okija and their shrine.

I remember when i served, we were strickly warned by the Oba and co in a town in Osun state not to go out because their ritual will be taking place, they will make human sacrifice if anybody is caught in the night(esp females) and there was another one saying that he will rain causes on you.

Anyonther people that has served in other states will tell you their own experience.

The oduduwa shrine is actualy a fetish CHURCH and not a pagan shrine. Fail

The Okija shrine to my understanding was not done in the name of any religion. These were just organ harvesters. Iremember the story. The whole case was shut down by some powerful people because it would have led to some high profile arrests. Organs are expensive

So my friend. Ritual killings does not equal paganism

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

The oduduwa shrine is actualy a fetish CHURCH and not a pagan shrine. Fail

The Okija shrine to my understanding was not done in the name of any religion. These were just organ harvesters. Iremember the story. The whole case was shut down by some powerful people because it would have led to some high profile arrests. Organs are expensive

So my friend. Ritual killings does not equal paganism

the funny thing is that u try all possible best to elude nd dodge the truth...i gave u an example of how the aztecs aka pagans killed over 80,000 people in 4days nd the recent ones, so if u hav no proof to actually proove me wrong then ur claim is baseless nd hold no water

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

the funny thing is that u try all possible best to elude nd dodge the truth...i gave u an example of how the aztecs aka pagans killed over 80,000 people in 4days nd the recent ones, so if u hav no proof to actually proove me wrong then ur claim is baseless nd hold no water

Christian crusades
Muslim conquests

etc....religions have changed. No aztecs left

Welcome to the 21st century

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Christian crusades
Muslim conquests

etc....religions have change. No aztecs left

Welcome to the 21st century

i guess okija and oduduwa arent existing nw in the 21st century right

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

i guess okija and oduduwa arent existing nw in the 21st century right

Well they are the fringe of 21st century religions

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

so you are indirectly saying that paganism is fringe and still exist because of other religion like christianity nd islam..
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by RayMcBlue(m): 1:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

I'm beginning to doubt your sincerity, cuz no self-respecting atheist would've given such a lame response.

Why an atheist would defend a pagan is still beyond my comprehension.undecided

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

so you are indirectly saying that paganism is fringe and still exist because of other religion like christianity nd islam..

Wrong....nice try to put words in my mouth

Oduduwa is Church remember?

And Okija is organ harvesting

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ray McBlue:

I'm beginning to doubt your sincerity, cuz no self-respecting atheist would've given such a lame response.

Why an atheist would depend a pagan is still beyond my comprehension.undecided

Keep on doubting.......

I dont depend on a pagan. I make allies wink

Modern paganism is far more humanistic than Abrahamic religions.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by RayMcBlue(m): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Keep on doubting.......

I dont depend on a pagan. I make allies wink

Modern paganism is far more humanistic than Abrahamic religions.

I meant defend. And who needs allies, certainly not a paganistic one. They may taint the whole concept of atheism with their crazy ideologies. angry

@bold, Modern Christianity is also humanistic.

Paganism is not meant to evolve, so the concept of a 'Modern Paganism' is null and void.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
Before I proceed with any further clarification ( this thread is almost derailed, but I must admit I'm enjoying it tongue )

I must thank Sir Logicboy for his great attempt at defending the indigenous spirit of the land and for struggling against odds. I must say I'm truly impressed and touched by it.

Logicboy knows it and so do I that we share an unspoken connection as Tribespeople and that we really mean to work and do something about this whole mess called The Great Nation of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:16pm On Sep 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Nice one pagan......I owe you a drink

However, you are abami eda......many of the pagans in naija are illiterates. Many of the atheists in nigeria are intellectualsm

I will be your ally as you are sensible but it would be difficult to relate to illiterates

Yes about that. Now you are aware that in all truth, Pagans are a diverse bunch of people? Pagans in Asian Nations are mostly educated, whereas the Nigerian situation is different and has differences within it as well?

Let us analyze it.

We shall as usual start for now, with the Yorubas. Most Yoruba Traditionalists are educated, partially, if not fully. Especially the Younger Generation who are also University students. Many Ifa Priests have facebook, etc., accounts and are bilingual in their Mother Tongue and English. THe Yoruba have always been a city-people.
The truth is that the only Trad.s in Nigeria who have an equal footing in society, are the Yoruba brethren. They have played a very wise game.

Now as to the the other tribes, I admit that there is a far larger rate of illiteracy. But would it be prudent to say that illiteracy is just reserved for the average poor Nigerian Pagan, or cuts across religious lines, based on wealth?

Aren't these farmers, bushmen, etc., from your tribes as well as mine? (Though Hausa Trad. minorities are atleast minimally educated).
Isnt it our duty to reach this basic ammenities to our people.

and this is where this whole Conference comes in. To outreach our respective Pagan populations and empower them civilly. Nigeria is not a perfect nation, which is the reason why we have resorted to starting such kinds of movements.

We will be discussing this agenda on one of our future Tribal Alliance Meets.

So now would you call this a religious failure or a system failure?

A failure of the Government to reach the Traditionalists?

And now from the point of view of these people concerned: They do not view education as a necessity because they don't see how it will improve on their situation or help them gain acceptance in a largely anti-Pagan "modern-city-dwelling" society.

The Pagan is not against education. The Pagan has no access to education.

Even christian missionary schools won't let them in unless they convert, etc.

check out this video of Kenyan AGikuyu Traditionalists. I think this sums it all:

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Umccs7Ukcw

quote from Tiger, Kenda Muiyoro (9 Clans; Gikuyu Trad. Tribal Activist), // "" Its very important if all people should go back to their traditions.If all people should go back to their customs, I dont think we should have many problems with the people. People would be one. People would co-relate each other (find similarities and @ same time, maintain Unique tribe & identity), i.e., understand each other. We should not have neglected our traditions and beliefs. I dont fight education.I dont fight development.I dont fight advancement. But what Im fighting for is, We Should Maintain Our Culture."//

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ray McBlue: I'm an hardcore Atheist, which is why the prospect of teaming up with pagans seemed too much like a sell-out to me.

Believe it or not, pagans are theist, and are no different to Christians and Muslims. They discriminate just as much.

In a largely pagan community, if you are an atheist or Christian, you'd better steer clear, or they will use you for human sacrifice.

Pagans have nothing in common with atheist cuz most are bunch of ignorant illiterates, while atheism is the epitome of free thinking and advance knowledge.

I strongly protest the credibility of this thread. Team up with who?

[size=16pt]No way![/size]

You Sir! Did You read the Title? angry angry angry angry

It says Pagan-Atheist Tribal Round Table Conference

I know you are not Tribal from your post and I did not have to search far to prove it. Either that or you have no Tribal feeling. This is why I foresaw why it is necessary to keep anti-Tribals out of this ALliance. Because you are troublemakers and have been so for ages and will never let the world order come right! angry

Ray McBlue:

Dude, I'm not a NIGERIAN as in not a member of any ethnic group or tribe(Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Ijaw) in that particular geographical area.

Get it?

so your opinion is not needed here. However, let me clarify.

I disagree that we discriminate. show me an example. And Im talking not just about Nigerian Pagans, but worldwide as well.

We even accomodated ho.mozexual @ one point though I'm personally neither for, nor against it since Ive still not made a judgement on it. When the church refused to marry those 2 ga.y Zulu South African men, even when their parents were fine with it, it was the Traditionalists and Sangomas (South African Babalawo) who solemenized the wedding and helped them get married.

Liar! We don't do human sacrifice just because you are not of our faith! angry

Pagans in Nigeria as I mentioned before, are not ignorant but illiterates only depending on their Tribe and area of residence.

Keep Protesting. you are not needed.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

Why do you guys always paint christainity or even islam to look as if they are the only ones that did horrible things in the past.

Pagans sacrificed several humans in aceint and present.

The Norse pagans sacrificed males every ninth year during the Yule sacrifices at the Temple at Uppsala.

Even the Aztecs reported that they sacrificed 80,400 [size=28pt]prisoners[/size] over the course of four days. click: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec

Is this not the hieght of wickedness

Then you guys will come here and pretend as if you pagans are all saints and paint christains and muslims black.

All i see here is nothing more than pretence

Yes some Tribes did human sacrifice. I agree 100 %.

However those were days of Tribal warfare, when only the survival of your ethnic group mattered. This was the natural order of things. It was also a natural order of things, that kept the populations of different tribes at check in relation with resources available. Even upto 50 yrs back, the Nomadic tribes of Arabia and Sudan used to keep raiding each others cattle depending on who was facing more drought. However that is a different matter. The sacrificial victims were mostly Criminal prisoners or POWs.

Also the Tribes would NEVER sacrifice or enslave their own people. Be it a large Ethnic group like the ANcient Romans (now extinct) or a small Tribe like the Dayaks of Malaysia.

Let me give you the Pagan point of view. As an atheist you believe in science yes? Then you also believe that whether human or animal, a life is a life. According to Pagan ideals, all creatures on this planet, be it animals, plants or humans, are equally created and important for the workings of this world. When you want something, you must give back something in return. this is called a sacrifice. when you want money, you sacrifice your effort to obtain it, when you want to eat, you sacrifice your money to buy food. in the same way,etc., when people want something from the divine forces, such as rains for good crops, etc. they have to give back something in return. This is in line with physics, i.e., the opposing forces have to be balanced. now what they give back depends on the ritual, mode & context. it maybe a chicken, or a goat or vgetables, or something like that. now we believe that if other animals can be sacrificed, then why not humans this is why it was so in the past that criminals, POWS, etc., instead of normal execution as was the norm of aftermaths of battles in those days, they were killed on the altar of the Gods. now there is no real difference if they die in the gallows or on the altar, is there instead there is a + point if on the altar, because atleast the sacrifice would be appeased.
ofcourse Paganism is ever-evolving and such rituals can be subdued or changed according to current circumstances, but there is no difference really. . undecided

and you may call me a savage but I don't mind if a child r.apist or murderer met that fate.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

I commend you, even though you are an athiest atleast the truth is in you..

All others here pretending that pagan and atheist can collaborate togather meanwhile even the pagans are worst than the christains or muslim with their human sacrifice obsession.

An athiest even survives and grow more in christain surroundings than in pagan communities and this is true.

blah blah blah.

Grows did you say? tongue

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

Let me tell you a fact. MOST Hindus, if not all, believe in the Goddess Kali. In other words, almost all Indians and Nepalis, be they bankers, politicians, doctors, etc., worship this Goddess. Do you seriously think they are sacrificing humans to the Goddess in their backyard undecided

Let me tell you some facts about Hinduism. In the Early Vedic Age, when the Aryan Tribes were pushing further Southward into India, they used to sacrifice all sorts of animals, human prisoners, etc.
Then they settled formed the Great Indian Civilization. THis is the point when India was experiencing its Golden Age, whereby the Aryan Philosophy, Religion , Sciences, etc., was gradually Evolving. At this point called the Later Vedic Age, they did not see the need to do Human sacrifices, since those kinds of Tribal wars were done with. They even substituted Animal sacrifce, with the Fire sacrifice, i.e., the sacrifice of fruits, vegetables, grains, etc., into the sacred fire.

The sacrifice remained, but was thus modified. Paganism is as I maintained before, an ever-evolving set of old-world religions. We do not go by a book. We build up on the existing foundations of our religions. The reason why you fellows keep comitting the same crimes is because you are ordered by your books to follow these bygone-era things, word by word, and added to that, they were written and packaged by men and have not undergone the natural gradual process of thought evolution.

Liberia. The Hell on Earth. But was it always like that? Do you know for how many years, Liberia was ruled by non-indigene black americans salve descendants, dumped on its coast by the Americans and british?

Then came Roosevelt Johnson, a member of the Krahn Tribe, to fight for the indpendence and self-determination of the indigenes against the foreigners.

Blahyi is just an example of the frustration of the indigenes against their oppressors. It clearly drove him and his men insane for all I can tell.

Liberia is still possibly one of the worst nations on the planet, filled with drug addicts, p.rostitutes and ruled by foreigners. It even has an american-style flag.

Both cases are pvt. ritualists and possibly done in the large-scale human parts trade.

Name any of our tribal religions that does these things, if you dare. Babalawos don't do such petty rituals. You are insulting us now. I cant imagine my respected and educated Babalawo friends playing with dead human parts. TUFIAKWA! angry

RItualists are usually christian pastors and the body suppliers are muslims, or just plain street criminals.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
TerryCarr: paganism is just a term to describe non Abrahamic religions

non-abrahamic "ethnic" religions. not man-made ones. wink

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by benodic: 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2013
I think that the question at hand is which religions are creating the biggest problems on earth today?
The answers are best known to the followers

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

The first article is just some base figures.

Go read the second article more carefully. It is very biased against Traditionalists or even worshipping in Shrines, yet it does contain certain facts. Mr. Achuzia was just shouted down for his beliefs.

Ask any Igbo and they all know that Okija was the Greatest Arbitrator of Swift Justice for Criminals in all of Igboland (why do you think Nairalander Okija Juju wears his name like a badge? tongue )

Anyways, as I was saying, the common man would just go to the Oracles and the Shrine, which was like a court for justice. It made much more sense then spending a lot on lawyers and waiting for 10 years for justice, till your file rots in a lawyers office.

What I believe is that someone tipped the police (possibly a church member), about skulls buried in the shrine courtyard. Most of the stuff recovered from the Shrine are age-old skulls and skeletons, picked to the bone with hardly any flesh on it. THey mustve stumbled on some pre-independance remains of criminals.

Usually according to the procedure, the bereaved would come to the Shrine, demanding justice. If the man was guilty, he was killed and the relatives were ordered to get the body to the shrine and he was thence buried there. So over the ages it kept piling up.

Even in Kano, we have a wall made of skulls of prisoners. Since we have a modern justice system, such extensive criminal cases do not need to be handled by the shrine and may be done away with.

Oduduwa human shrines:

LMAO! stop shooting yourself in your leg. That is a christian church. filled with pastors doing pvt. rituals to scare followers into paying tithes. tongue

Stop exaggerating and lieing. I know about this too. There are 2 things to analyze here:

1) The festival has been going on way before christianity came to the area. so if there is anyone who needs to be making adjustments, it is YOU!

2) Such night festivals are carried our across the world. They depend on appropriate timing.

3) THey do not sacrifice you. They just whip you if you are foolish enough to stand in their way. And you were warned. By the ruler himself.

4) What about your xtians making loud night vigils and not letting the neighbourhood sleep. Also what about the muslims who create noise 5 times a day, and that too starting as early as 4:00 AM? angry

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by RayMcBlue(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

You Sir! Did You read the Title? angry angry angry angry

It says Pagan-Atheist Tribal Round Table Conference

I know you are not Tribal from your post and I did not have to search far to prove it. Either that or you have no Tribal feeling. This is why I foresaw why it is necessary to keep anti-Tribals out of this ALliance. Because you are troublemakers and have been so for ages and will never let the world order come right! angry
so your opinion is not needed here.

Assumption leads to blunder, mate.

Assuming that I'm not tribal is not only irrelevant but wrong.

I take my religious skepticism serious, and if that doesn't make me tribal enough in your mind, then so be it.

As for the rest of your ranting, I don't give a rat arsé...
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
ifeness:

Not Aliens but extraterrestrials;humanoids like you and I living on other planets or other dimensions. I do not worship them,you do.

According to the vadas,Shiva,Krishna came from another planet. According to the Bible Yahweh,Baal,El (gods of the bible) came from another world. Isn't that enough evidence for you? Do you still think I'm wrong? I could give you more examples.

Wow you actually believe that? strange but interesting. I too have some theories as in, is it possible that the first seeds of life were planted from another planet, which in turn came from other planets, and finding a source at some high-potential Energies.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
Ray McBlue:

I meant defend. And who needs allies, certainly not a paganistic one. They may taint the whole concept of atheism with their crazy ideologies. angry

@bold, Modern Christianity is also humanistic.

Paganism is not meant to evolve, so the concept of a 'Modern Paganism' is null and void.

there is no such thing as modern christianity. they are bound by that jewish book. christianity is detrimental to both tribe, culture and also Nationalism. Especially of developing Nations.

Paganism has always been evolving. Go read up some morel.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
The mistake some of my atheist pal are making is that....they are viewing things mostly from religious angle they claimed to have escaped from. Indeed, mind enslavement is really a bad thing.

Like I have said from time, most atheist here ended where they were after breaking away from christianity and Islam. Only few of them took the chance of exploring tradition and spirituality or other religion out there. When someone here is saying pagan is another religion.....what will he call buddhism, jainism or Ifa? Buddhist, Jain and Ifa practitioners are more likely to be called Atheist, secular and non belief. If a person disbelief in existence of God because of christianity and Islam, such people are not worthy to be called atheist but religatheist. People are programmed to see tradition as evil or as countermate of foreign religion (christianity and Islam). They are freaked with the term deity, spirit, pagan and worship which has been misunderstood with religion influences.

Foreign religion has done more evil to pagan and tradition. Some foolish people here on this forum are deluded to claim tribe like yoruba is from mecca and tribe of jew. They have clothed pagan with their corrupted deformation even among people who owns it. We ourselves are programmed like puppet to destroy what belong to us. I once raised this issue concerning logicboy....though if he see it and rethink or he realise things all by himself, im glad atheist like him can think and reason what paganism is about. Atheist or no atheist, we cant deny our origin and ancestral heritage or we become lost and not progressive as a race in the world.

Everyone with his or her opinion though..... I as a person wont deny my culture, ancestral heritage, philosophy, spirituality and tradition.

2 Likes

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by dead2sin: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2013
joel lala:

Why do you guys always paint christainity or even islam to look as if they are the only ones that did horrible things in the past.

Pagans sacrificed several humans in aceint and present.

The Norse pagans sacrificed males every ninth year during the Yule sacrifices at the Temple at Uppsala.

Even the Aztecs reported that they sacrificed 80,400 prisoners over the course of four days. click: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec

Is this not the hieght of wickedness

Then you guys will come here and pretend as if you pagans are all saints and paint christains and muslims black.

All i see here is nothing more than pretence
add the current case of anti christian in communist north korea where christians are killed, sent to labor camps all in the name of disbelief in YHWH
Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE: The mistake some of my atheist pal are making is that....they are viewing things mostly from religious angle they claimed to have escaped from. Indeed, mind enslavement is really a bad thing.

Like I have said from time, most atheist here ended where they were after breaking away from christianity and Islam. Only few of them took the chance of exploring tradition and spirituality or other religion out there. When someone here is saying pagan is another religion.....what will he call buddhism, jainism or Ifa? Buddhist, Jain and Ifa practitioners are more likely to be called Atheist, secular and non belief. If a person disbelief in existence of God because of christianity and Islam, such people are not worthy to be called atheist but religatheist. People are programmed to see tradition as evil or as countermate of foreign religion (christianity and Islam). They are freaked with the term deity, spirit, pagan and worship which has been misunderstood with religion influences.

Foreign religion has done more evil to pagan and tradition. Some foolish people here on this forum are deluded to claim tribe like yoruba is from mecca and tribe of jew. They have clothed pagan with their corrupted deformation even among people who owns it. We ourselves are programmed like puppet to destroy what belong to us. I once raised this issue concerning logicboy....though if he see it and rethink or he realise things all by himself, im glad atheist like him can think and reason what paganism is about. Atheist or no atheist, we cant deny our origin and ancestral heritage or we become lost and not progressive as a race in the world.

Everyone with his or her opinion though..... I as a person wont deny my culture, ancestral heritage, philosophy, spirituality and tradition.

I seriously disagree with your spirituality but this comment is the plain truth. Some atheists just leave chrisyianity and islam then they think that it is over. They dont take time to study other religions and traditions.

I am not a spritual or religious person but at least, i can discuss with poeple from many religions because i took ime to read the basic things about them. Knowledge frees people

Also, we should learn from the Japanese. They are mostly atheists but they respect their budfhist or shinto heritage.

It is a shame that some atheists are looking at paganism from an xtian point of view. No p, respect your culture or at least make money from it to feed your people. Do you know how much Buddhist temples make from tourism.......white people would pay tosee or study our cultural idols and shrines.

1 Like

Re: Pagan-atheist Tribal Round Table Conference by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
dead2sin: add the current case of anti christian in communist north korea where christians are killed, sent to labor camps all in the name of disbelief in YHWH

Ignorant.

It is done in the name of communism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The 24 Elders +2 Other Kings Of The Revelations. / Is There A God? Six Reasons To Believe God Exists - By A Former Atheist. / What Will Happen To Those Who Didn't Hear The Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.