Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,337 members, 7,971,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 03:54 AM

Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? (689 Views)

Why Do Christians Believe In These? / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / What Do Christians Believe About Dinosaurs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by puscifer: 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
when Jesus clearly said 'My Father is Greater than I' in John 14:28?
Nothing can be greater than God, so by Jesus' own words, we can deduce that Jesus did not profess to be God, because he professes that there is a power Greater than him (Jesus). Why then do many Christians firmly believe that Jesus is God? Where does the conviction come from?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 05, 2013
Go and ask the 6 million Muslims that convert annually
So suddenly you want to quote Jesus and believe him
Confused bunch
Did you see he also referred to God as father
Is there any concept f fatherhood in Allah?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by puscifer: 6:41am On Sep 05, 2013
^^^ where did you got your staticstics from, One of the most fundamental beliefs of Christianity is the divinity of Jesus Christ. We Muslim respect Jesus Christ. Islam is the only non- Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).
We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah (swt).
We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe. We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).
We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission. We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.
Jesus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and respect Jesus
(pbuh), where exactly is the parting of ways? The major difference between Islam and Christianity is the Christians’
insistence on the supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh). A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh)
himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. I will be back with the attributes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by deols(f): 6:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
ok
Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
They were indoctrinated to
Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by Mintayo(m): 7:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
I don't know when you people will stop all these ur deceit.
You said u believe in Jesus,what part of Jesus' live u believe in?
You can't say you believe someone and dwell on just a part of such person's life,its deception,its hypocrisy.
If u say u believ in Jesus,what abt Him saying He is d saviour,do u believe that?
What abt His death and resurrection? Do u believe that?
What about Him calling Himself the Son of God,do u beelieve that?
What abt Him calling Himself the Lord,do u believe that?
Stop all these ur one-way deception,it doesn't work that way.
Dnt say you believe in Jesus if you dnt believe in His CORE MISSION AND HIS WORKS.
It is deception and hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by Wizemmanuel(m): 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
John1 says ' in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God,and the word was God. Jesus is God the son,remember all things were made by him for example ur spirit ur flesh and blood makes u one.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
deols: ok
Dear please make space for this thread, it will be porting soon.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe Jesus Is God ? by deols(f): 10:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Dear please make space for this thread, it will be porting soon.

meet me here-

https://www.nairaland.com/1156273/moderator-section-chat-room/153#17921932

(1) (Reply)

The Coming Move Of God / The Ethiopian Village Which Has Rejected Religion / How To Handle Dreams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.