Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,465 members, 7,904,725 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! (1376 Views)

Guys What Were Your Views On Marriage At Your Young Age / Still On Marriage And Genotypes AA/AS/ Ss...why?pls Advice / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Princessmel(f): 1:44am On Sep 05, 2013
Is it by force?!
Why do people feel marriage is a do or die affair?
Personally I don't think marriage is for everyone, some people are just destined to be with their 50 cats.

Abi I wrong?
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Dermie: 3:30am On Sep 05, 2013
Ans: To multiply.
...ppl like u? cry
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by 190theclown: 3:53am On Sep 05, 2013
well ure hawt so tell me why i shouldnt try and wife u

after all im rich cheesy
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by NosaHenry(m): 4:02am On Sep 05, 2013
The ranting of frustrated old spinster. Live with 50 cats and die lonely old age
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by kenjudy(m): 5:31am On Sep 05, 2013
Even bible talk amd sef. Matt 19:13 abi na 13:12 something like dat. But wait oo; are u ursef ready to make dat call or u just dey deceive others if u nvr marry sef?
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Mynd44: 6:38am On Sep 05, 2013
Nosa-Henry:
The ranting of frustrated old spinster. Live with 50 cats and die lonely old age
You forget that you can be 50, married and still be lonely

1 Like

Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by UjSizzle(f): 6:48am On Sep 05, 2013
Lol no one is destined to die a lonely old woman living with her cats, but the choices you make can get you there i guess undecided grin
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Mynd44: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2013
uj_sizzle: Lol no one is destined to die a lonely old woman living with her cats, but the choices you make can get you there i guess undecided grin
Those darned cats might be better company than some human beings if you are not careful.

3 Likes

Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Ab025(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
Princessmel: Is it by force?!
Personally I don't think marriage is for everyone, some people are just destined to be with their 50 cats.

Abi I wrong?

Haba princess, don't give up on marriage o, it is actually a sweet thing o.....and don't worry, ur man will come wen it is d right time.
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by tobechi20(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
I aint getting married
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
For some people marriage is the sweetest thing that ever happened to them. It is a bed of roses where you sleep with your soul mate. To others, marriage is the kitchen where their meals are being prepared by the enemies within. It is the bed of scorpions and thorns where they sleep with lucifer.

1 Like

Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by wasak(m): 11:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
some will say destiny ds... destiny dat... if u don't wanna marry keep it to urself... come back here 20 years later nd narrate ur experience with ur 50 cats... till then... keep ur thoughts to urself...(don't u buy a vibrator no fornication... let dose cats do d job )
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 06, 2013
When a woman is spent and frustrated, she lets out steam. Usually it comes out incoherent and confusing.
My dear, it is the choices you make that determines how your life will turn out.
I know a girl that wants marriage more than anything, yet she has remained unmarried. Why? Her life revolves around Brazilian hair, designer outfits and the flashy things in life. She is the worst manager of resources I ever met. To her, marriage must be an option due to her disposition but she thinks she must have it.
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Exponental(m): 6:13am On Sep 06, 2013
@op.......dont give up on urself!
I believe I will enjoy my marriage. Pls pray n work towards it.
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Rhemar(m): 9:19am On Sep 06, 2013
you mean u don't want 2 marry or what? but then marriage is a two way thing if u get it right nd marry d right person then it can b very rewarding bt sour if otherwise
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by dmcdad: 9:59am On Sep 06, 2013
Ab025:

Haba princess, don't give up on marriage o, it is actually a sweet thing o.....and don't worry, ur man will come wen it is d right time.
she tell you say she dey search for man ni? I guess she has made up her mind not to go into that union called "marriage".
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: Lol no one is destined to die a lonely old woman living with her cats, but the choices you make can get you there i guess undecided grin

You don't have to be married to have a kid, no?

1 Like

Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by GoodFaith: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2013

Abi I wrong?
It should not be a do or die
You busy having one night stand on Oct 17
Please keep going for one night stand
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Princessmel(f): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
GoodFaith:
It should not be a do or die
You busy having one night stand on Oct 17
Please keep going for one night stand

See me see trouble?!
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by GoodFaith: 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2013
Princessmel:

See me see trouble?!
This is not trouble but just telling u that you don't need to get a Husband
Just move from one bed to other ( One night stand)
Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by dasparrow: 12:36am On Nov 07, 2013

Abi I wrong?

Let me tell you why Nigerians make marriage a do or die affair. Many Nigerians force people to get married so that they will have a place to go to on Saturday where they will get free food and drinks at no cost to them. Most Nigerians cannot afford to travel the world, visit new places, have fun, etc. So the only opportunity they have to socialize is by going to weddings. So, if so many people stop marrying, Nigerians will no longer have a chance to obtain free food and drinks on Saturdays. You know poverty they say is a bytch.

The Nigerian-bred men force women to marry because many are lazy when it comes to domestic work. They cannot cook or clean up after themselves. Many are even too lazy to wash their clothes. In addition, the average Nigerian-bred male is a sex addict and needs vargina at his disposal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, he desperately need a wife in his life at some point because he knows he will benefit from this institution called marriage more than the woman ever will. As a married man, he is automatically entitled to vargina no matter how tired the wife is, he is entitled to cooked meals, his clothes washed, his home cleaned, and a human incubator whom he can impregnate at will every year or every other year. So you can see that a Nigerian-bred man benefits much more from being married as suppose to staying a bachelor so why won't he cunningly put pressure on women to get married?

The Nigerian-bred woman gets married because she thinks she will have an easier life once she is married and earn societal respect. She feels she will be able to demand for money from the husband anytime she pleases. She also thinks that all that lovey-dovey she and her husband engaged in during courtship will continue even after the marriage. But then, reality sets in. The Nigerian-bred woman get's married and finds out the hard way that the grass is not greener on the other side after all. She discovers that society will still disrespect her if she does not bear children immediately. She finds out that her in-laws don't give a damn about her. She finds out that her husband is cheating on her with another woman. She finds out that the man is just there in the home like a trophy on the shelf. She the wife has to do all the cleaning, cooking, child rearing, helping out with the bills and still give the man sex after a long hard working day.

She finds out that society will still not respect her if she bears children that are not males and society will still stigmatize her should her husband die before she does. She will find out that everything she and her late husband ever worked for will be acquired by the male members of her husband's family who will come to the city promptly and take everything away from her leaving her and and her kids with nothing out on the street.

She becomes miserable realizing that her life would have been much better and peaceful if she had just stayed single and maybe adopted a kid or two. So, since misery likes company, she begins to torment single women wherever she can find them making them believe that their lives are not complete without marriage when in actuality, she is just looking for members to join her misery club called the marriage institution. Only insane people go into an institution. If you are sane, what do you need an institution for? Intelligent people know that marriage is for people who are addicted to sex and people who do not know what to do with their lives hence they need to attach themselves to another human being so they don't sink like a ship that has not been anchored.

dasparrow: Telling it as it is since 19 kokoroko.

3 Likes

Re: But Why Do We Put So Much Weight On Marriage?! by Princessmel(f): 12:55am On Nov 07, 2013
dasparrow:

Let me tell you why Nigerians make marriage a do or die affair. Many Nigerians force people to get married so that they will have a place to go to on Saturday where they will get free food and drinks at no cost to them. Most Nigerians cannot afford to travel the world, visit new places, have fun, etc. So the only opportunity they have to socialize is by going to weddings. So, if so many people stop marrying, Nigerians will no longer have a chance to obtain free food and drinks on Saturdays. You know poverty they say is a bytch.

The Nigerian-bred men force women to marry because many are lazy when it comes to domestic work. They cannot cook or clean up after themselves. Many are even too lazy to wash their clothes. In addition, the average Nigerian-bred male is a sex addict and needs vargina at his disposal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, he desperately need a wife in his life at some point because he knows he will benefit from this institution called marriage more than the woman ever will. As a married man, he is automatically entitled to vargina no matter how tired the wife is, he is entitled to cooked meals, his clothes washed, his home cleaned, and a human incubator whom he can impregnate at will every year or every other year. So you can see that a Nigerian-bred man benefits much more from being married as suppose to staying a bachelor so why won't he cunningly put pressure on women to get married?

The Nigerian-bred woman gets married because she thinks she will have an easier life once she is married and earn societal respect. She feels she will be able to demand for money from the husband anytime she pleases. She also thinks that all that lovey-dovey she and her husband engaged in during courtship will continue even after the marriage. But then, reality sets in. The Nigerian-bred woman get's married and finds out the hard way that the grass is not greener on the other side after all. She discovers that society will still disrespect her if she does not bear children immediately. She finds out that her in-laws don't give a damn about her. She finds out that her husband is cheating on her with another woman. She finds out that the man is just there in the home like a trophy on the shelf. She the wife has to do all the cleaning, cooking, child rearing, helping out with the bills and still give the man sex after a long hard working day.

She finds out that society will still not respect her if she bears children that are not males and society will still stigmatize her should her husband die before she does. She will find out that everything she and her late husband ever worked for will be acquired by the male members of her husband's family who will come to the city promptly and take everything away from her leaving her and and her kids with nothing out on the street.

She becomes miserable realizing that her life would have been much better and peaceful if she had just stayed single and maybe adopted a kid or two. So, since misery likes company, she begins to torment single women wherever she can find them making them believe that their lives are not complete without marriage when in actuality, she is just looking for members to join her misery club called the marriage institution. Only insane people go into an institution. If you are sane, what do you need an institution for? Intelligent people know that marriage is for people who are addicted to sex and people who do not know what to do with their lives hence they need to attach themselves to another human being so they don't sink like a ship that has not been anchored.

dasparrow: Telling it as it is since 19 kokoroko.

Chop knuckle! Your head is correct grin

(1) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship / She Is Not That Into You / Riposte: My Man Has Two Cars, I Trek Around...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.