Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,544 members, 7,951,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court (12342 Views)

Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by LeStylo: 5:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
ugo mallam: BLAME ASUU FOR THIS

No Buhari is responsible, IBB culpable... the ghost fingers of Tafawa Balewa. Infact the whole north of the Niger!
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Imolites should say NO TO GODFATHERISM! APGA is a dead party never to resurrect again.

Ndi ara,lekwa ha, ha choro iri ego ndi imo steeti. Chineke kpokwa ha oku!! grin
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by fagin1982(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: continue laughing at your stewpidity and ignorance. watch APC win in Imo state come 2015. cool

@Berem Typical xteristics of a kid ..abuses and insults that's what u all know...I blame ASUU ..you must not contribute in every discussion..
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by DerideGull(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Lol @APGA claiming they contributed to Okorocha's victory. Very funny indeed. Why haven't they been able to win elections in Imo before Okorocha? The simple fact is that the Church, civil society, transport workers, artisans, students, market women and the general public were instrumental to rhe victory and sustenance of Rochas. Agbasos wanted to play godfathers and went about awarding contracts to their friends and even signing money without the Governors notice, conditioned the Governor that Jude must be both Deputy and commissioner for works at the same time. Today they've connived with PDP and asked all their friends not to execute contracts and at the same time prevent Rochas from re-awarding the said contracts just to discredit him.

Most Nigerians are bloody ingrates. Okorocha, who could not win a position of a dogcatcher in any market square in Igbo land while in PDP, ANPP. AA and Labor Party, is now regarded as a political lighting rod in Imo State polity. Rochas Owelle Okorocha would have remained as nobody in Imo State polity if not for APGA. I guess there were no Churches, civil society, transport workers, artisans, students, market women and the general public when Rochas Okorocha was drowning in the political seas of PDP, ANPP, AA and Labor Party.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
fagin1982:

@Berem Typical xteristics of a kid ..abuses and insults that's what u all know...I blame ASUU ..you must not contribute in every discussion..

and why shouldn't i contribute in discussions concerning my state and APC? are you paying for my subscription? I don't engage discussions with peeps like you. next time don't quote me if you have nothing reasonable to say. now run along!!!

FYI, am not a kid and i have nothing to do with ASUU. cool
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
DerideGull: Rochas Owelle Okorocha would have remained as nobody in Imo State polity if not for APGA.
Dede m, this your statement is completely false and you know that. Rochas have been well known in Imo and Nigeria at large before he became governor. His popularity earned him that post. Please stop spreading lies biko! cry
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Sant1m: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Apga has no future in the south east, obi saw to that, and today anambra is up for apc to grab. Excos of apga are petty men who are in it for gains. After collecting money from soludo they disqualified him, who does not know that agbaso is a pdp mole in apga imo state. Even agboso collected his share from rochas before he gave the go ahead to allow rochas run on apga ticket against ohakim, he never knew rochas could win against pdp. All they do in apga is reap aspirants off, i.e soludo's case. Apc should win anambra and together with imo both states will bargain the igbo cause on apc platform incase they win in 2015, our eggs as igbos should not be in one basket. Political sagacity demands we are represented both ways, rochas and co are visionaries to notice this and plan ahead, look at how the pdp is crumbling and the centre can no longer hold, igbos be wise and vote apc and ngige
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by IGBOSON1: 6:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jydebauer: Is it just me or has a new word been added to the English vocabulary - 'disaddened?' #Endtime things.

^^^It's just you bros!
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by kossylator: 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
one.east3:
The All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has reiterated that it will put in place a machinery that will work towards retrieving the mandate of the people of Imo State from the state Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha.

The party’s National Chairman, Chief Victor Umeh, who spoke yesterday at the inauguration of a 29-member caretaker executive committee for the state in Abuja, said the first move to retrieve the mandate would commence at the courts very soon, where APGA hopes to sack Okorocha from office.

In apparent reaction to a statement credited to Okorocha in which he declared that APGA was dead in the state, Umeh said it was the All Progressives Congress (APC) that would be shown the way out of the state at the next election.

He said as part of the move to reclaim the state, the leadership of APGA was planning a massive rally tagged ‘operation earthquake’ in the state to show them that the state was still solidly behind APGA.

In addition, Umeh said the party would file a law suit against the governor over his declaration for the APC in order to get him to surrender the party’s mandate.

“We are going to file an action against the governor of Imo State. He cannot take the APGA mandate and go to APC. The law is clear about this. The Supreme Court had in a judgment between Rivers State, Governor Rotimi Amaechi and Celetine Omehi, ruled that it is the party and not the individual that presents candidates for election. We are going to pursue the case to a logical conclusion to serve as a deterrent against any such sell out by elected officials,” he said.

Umeh warned that in the case of the members of the state and National Assembly members elected on the party’s platform, any of them found to be fraternising with APC would be made to lose his or her seat.

“This party is very disaddened by the development in Imo State, in 2011 the party worked hard to secure victory in the state but regrettably we got trapped into something we cannot explained how that happened we cannot understand. What we laboured together to achieve has been taken and given to another party without their working for it. It is a travesty for someone who has never won elections in Nigeria except with APGA’s support can afford to try to dismember the party through which he rose to power,” he said.

The national chairman further lamented that one of the greatest disservice to the people of Imo State, was the recent signing of the abortion law by the state governor in utter disregard to the sensibilities of the people of the state.

“With every sense of responsibility we hereby tender apology to the people of Imo state for the governor's action because it was taken when he said he was still in APGA. We also tender apology to the Christian community and all pro-human life groups.

“There is no way we could explain such an action. We hereby disassociate APGA from the signing into law of abortion bill by the governor. We want to also apologise to the people for this singular act of irresponsibility by someone elected on the platform of the party and whom the party expected to respect the views and aspirations of the people who voted for the party,” he said.

Umeh said the even though the governor was then operating under the platform of APGA, the governor signed the abortion law without resort to advise from the party.

The APGA chairman, however, used the opportunity to announce the choice of Dr. Nkemakolam Chukwukaodi, as the deputy governorship candidate of the party for the November 16 governorship election.

Speaking at the forum, Chief Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu (Jr), said what had happened in Imo State was a travesty and a conduct unbecoming, adding that all hands should be on deck to ensure the reclaiming of the party’s mandate in the state.

The APGA leader in Imo state and a former ally of Governor Okorocha, Chief Martins Agbaoso said he was deeply saddened by what has happened in the state, especially by the conduct of the governor whom the party entrust with the people’s mandate.

He assured that at the appropriate time the party will do what is required to retrieve power from their mandate.

On her part, Senator Chris Anyanwu, called for a reinvigoration of the spirit of APGA, adding that the party should not dwell in lamenting about the disappointments of the past but should work hard to rebuild and refocus the party.

Earlier, while inaugurating the caretaker committee, Umeh said the party has carefully consulted with stakeholders in the state before coming up with the new leadership.

He cautioned the new caretaker leadership eschew discrimination or anything that may cause disunity and disaffection amongst party members in the state, stressing that the inauguration of the new leadership of APGA signified a death sentence to APC in the state.

The members of new APGA caretaker executive in Imo include, Chairman, Chudi Onuzo, Deputy Chairman, Dr. David Iwuagwu, Secretary, Mr. Ndipubisi Richard Okoroikpa, Organising Secretary, John Iwuala Udeh and Treasurer, Lambert Iwueke.

The party NEC had on the August 3 dissolved the APGA executive in the state, following the desertion of the party by the former leadership alongside Okorocha.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apga-vows-to-sack-apc-okorocha-in-imo/158184/
Umeh is simply a frustrated He-goat
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by DerideGull(m): 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Dede m, this your statement is completely false and you know that. Rochas have been well known in Imo and Nigeria at large before he became governor. His popularity earned him that post. Please stop spreading lies biko! cry

Of course as a political butler and town crier, Rochas Okorocha is known around Nigeria. However as a substantive political figure, Rochas Okorocha was just a political party man. Rochas Okorocha could not organize a nominative candidature in AA (Alliance Action), a party he helped to build talk less win one.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
DerideGull:

Of course as a political butler and town crier, Rochas Okorocha is known around Nigeria. However as a substantive political figure, Rochas Okorocha was just a political party man. Rochas Okorocha could not organize a nominative candidature in AA (Alliance Action), a party he helped to build talk less win one.
Rochas affiliated himself with few political parties. that is a normal thing in politics. He solely founded and funded the Action Alliance. I was a member of the party when i was still living in owerri. Because of the nature of politics in Nigeria, he couldn't achieve a lot in the party. So how is he not a substantive political figure? What were Udenwa and Ohakim before they became governors? If you want to mention 10 igbo men who are political bigwigs in the southeast, Rochas is one of them.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by fagin1982(m): 7:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Rochas affiliated himself with few political parties. that is a normal thing in politics. He solely founded and funded the Action Alliance. I was a member of the party when i was still living in owerri. Because of the nature of politics in Nigeria, he couldn't achieve a lot in the party. So how is he not a substantive political figure? What were Udenwa and Ohakim before they became governors? If you want to mention 10 igbo men who are political bigwigs in the southeast, Rochas is one of them.

@Berem stop all these ur roadside vendor analysis , Rochas gained Political relevance for the first time with APGA as Governor of Imo State..He might have done well for himself in his business , and created a name bt that does not make him a force to reckon with in Imo State ..Orange Drugs , Leo Stan ,Odimegwu and Co ve done well for themselves in thr areas of endeavour bt that doesn't make them Political Leaders over night

If you know this ur Rochas well or have been opportune to relate with him..You will understand him better , He is simply a DEMAGOGUE ..and not a Political Leader..

You are entitled to your opinion tho .

1 Like

Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by owobokiri(m): 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
Umeh with his long cap cant stop sounding funny. He should be busy explaining to the people of Anambra how he connived with Abuja to eliminate Soludo from the governorship race. When you make people like Agbaso the party leader in Imo State, it is then obvious that corruption is your watchword.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
fagin1982:

@Berem stop all these ur roadside vendor analysis , Rochas gained Political relevance for the first time with APGA as Governor of Imo State..He might have done well for himself in his business , and created a name bt that does not make him a force to reckon with in Imo State ..Orange Drugs , Leo Stan ,Odimegwu and Co ve done well for themselves in thr areas of endeavour bt that doesn't make them Political Leaders over night

If you know this ur Rochas well or have been opportune to relate with him..You will understand him better , He is simply a DEMAGOGUE ..and not a Political Leader..

You are entitled to your opinion tho .
I have told you to run along and stop quoting me. The next time you'll quote me again, i will insult you! you can make your comments without quoting me. you called me a neophyte in politics ,so why replying my comments? kpa cha anya gi!!

angry

1 Like

Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by DerideGull(m): 7:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Rochas affiliated himself with few political parties. that is a normal thing in politics. He solely founded and funded the Action Alliance. I was a member of the party when i was still living in owerri. Because of the nature of politics in Nigeria, he couldn't achieve a lot in the party. So how is he not a substantive political figure? What were Udenwa and Ohakim before they became governors? If you want to mention 10 igbo men who are political bigwigs in the southeast, Rochas is one of them.

Polity and other life endeavors were too bad for Okorocha and yours faithfully that forced both of you to bolt from AA to PDP and Lagos respectively. It is true that if you show your friend, people can easily read your character.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
DerideGull:

Polity and other life endeavors were too bad for Okorocha and yours faithfully that forced both of you to bolt from AA to PDP and Lagos respectively. It is true that if you show your friend, people can easily read your character.
How do you mean by polity and life endeavours were too bad for Rochas? Is he the first person with such background going into politics?
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by DerideGull(m): 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: How do you mean by polity and life endeavours were too bad for Rochas? Is he the first person with such background going into politics?

No!! However, the sense of desperation exhibited by Rochas Okorocha can not be overlooked in a debate about Okorocha of Ogboko, Ideato South LGA.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by herbdull(m): 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
donguutti: Technically,APGA has a case,going by the supreme court judgement, although rochas could pre empt that by not declaring for APC,until the elections draw near.

For benefit of those who do not know abt the SC Judgment.it was related to who was the authentic Rivers pdp Gov candidate 2007,which was given to omehia(the k leg ish) but later upturned by the SC.this was reconfirmed by the amaechi tenure case of 2011
APGA dreams...maybe you should consider other cases like Yuguda turning to PDP, Ohakim to PDP even Mbadinuju left PDP for ANPP and Senators crosscarpeting was also happening...
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
DerideGull:

No!! However, the sense of desperation exhibited by Rochas Okorocha can not be overlooked in a debate about Okorocha of Ogboko, Ideato South LGA.
Dede m, stop speaking in Idioms! grin

What's so desperate about his political ambition? can you point out any politician who is not desperate for power?
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by DerideGull(m): 7:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Dede m, stop speaking in Idioms! grin

What's so desperate about his political ambition? can you point out any politician who is not desperate for power?

There are political ambitions for progressive ends and political ambitions for dead ends. Rochas Okorocha’s political ambitions are crude and dead-ended ones. The man is simply a joker. How could people who pride themselves as enlightened elect a street tout and mere office butler with no manners such as Okorocha as a governor? I can say without equivocation that Okorocha’s legacy can not make a good study for kindergarten pupils.

I am sorry, berem, your man Okorocha is a political letdown.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by fagin1982(m): 7:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: I have told you to run along and stop quoting me. The next time you'll quote me again, i will insult you! you can make your comments without quoting me. you called me a neophyte in politics ,so why replying my comments? kpa cha anya gi!!

angry

@Berem you are free to Insult me .. If I catch u for Ama JK I ll flog you
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by drnoel: 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
At last, let the games begin.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by herbdull(m): 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
DerideGull:

Most Nigerians are bloody ingrates. Okorocha, who could not win a position of a dogcatcher in any market square in Igbo land while in PDP, ANPP. AA and Labor Party, is now regarded as a political lighting rod in Imo State polity. Rochas Owelle Okorocha would have remained as nobody in Imo State polity if not for APGA. I guess there were no Churches, civil society, transport workers, artisans, students, market women and the general public when Rochas Okorocha was drowning in the political seas of PDP, ANPP, AA and Labor Party.

For the roadside political analyst who are so dead-head i hope this will wake u up. APGA helped Okorocha in ur dreams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochas_Okorocha?seg=1
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
DerideGull:

There are political ambitions for progressive ends and political ambitions for dead ends. Rochas Okorocha’s political ambitions are crude and dead-ended ones. The man is simply a joker. How could people who pride themselves as enlightened elect a street tout and mere office butler with no manners such as Okorocha as a governor? I can say without equivocation that Okorocha’s legacy can not make a good study for kindergarten pupils.

I am sorry, berem, your man Okorocha is a political letdown.
You're just hating the man for nothing! Instead of giving him total support, you continue spitting your hate on him. Dede m, if you become a governor of imo state today , you will not do better than him. Stop beefing Rochas biko! grin
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
fagin1982:

@Berem you are free to Insult me .. If I catch u for Ama JK I ll flog you
where will you see me in Owerri talk less of Ama JK ?. For your mind..... keep hallucinating! undecided
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Cypost: 8:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Nna, ike gwuru! Rochas saw it coming. He knew Anambra will be sold to PDP. He was wise enough to have dumped the useless party. Now, the fools want the mandate by all cost. Ochi ato gbu o la m! grin
Ochi ato zi na gi, novernber adigo nso. Agbachaa oso agbako mile. Emecha election aguo onye meriri nu. Ihe di egwu na eme ngbe ufodu.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Cypost:
Ochi ato zi na gi, novernber adigo nso. Agbachaa oso agbako mile. Emecha election aguo onye meriri nu. Ihe di egwu na eme ngbe ufodu.
ihe di egwu na eme ngbe ufodu ma na ntuli aka elu a ga eme na anambra ga emepe anya ndi mmadu. Ndi APC ga but ndi mmeri. Ihe oma ka anyi choro na alaigbo. ihe oma ka anyi ga ahu.

Tu o ru nu NGIGE

Tu oru nu APC
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by DerideGull(m): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
herbdull:
For the roadside political analyst who are so dead-head i hope this will wake u up. APGA helped Okorocha in ur dreams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rochas_Okorocha?seg=1

It will be a travesty if you were really an average scholar from Imo State. Of all places to dig for scholarly facts, you were able to embrace Wikipedia. I suggest you reread the crap you posted to boost your scholastic inadequacy. You should ask yourself what other jobs or positions Okorocha occupied before being appointed as President of Nigeria Red Cross Society.

No wonder a character such as Okorocha was elected governor of Imo State. I guess people who know the value of taxation should be allowed to vote in elections.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by jpphilips(m): 8:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
size38: By citing the case between Amaechi and celestine Omehia in rivers, chief Victor Ume and APGA has already lost d case. The two cases are quite different in every aspect. He shld have cited Ohakim's PPA and PDP in Imo state. Where Ohakim was elected on the platform of PPA and later decamped to PDP. So to me, what Okorocha did is decamping. He has just pulled Imo state APGA to APC. There is no crime in doing that. Case close.

The Nigerian constitution is clear on freedom of association, Rochas has every right to join any political party he likes.
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
DerideGull:

It will be a travesty if you were really an average scholar from Imo State. Of all places to dig for scholarly facts, you were able to embrace Wikipedia. I suggest you reread the crap you posted to boost your scholastic inadequacy. You should ask yourself what other jobs or positions Okorocha occupied before being appointed as President of Nigeria Red Cross Society.
Rochas was second in they pdp presidential primaries held in 2007. He was Obasanjo's special advisor on political matters -not too sure of the post. And what has jobs or positions got to do with his emergence as governor? how many positions did Ohakim your man hold before he became governor? how many did peter obi,Sullivan chime and orji hold compared to positions rochas had?
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by flexshop(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Lol @APGA claiming they contributed to Okorocha's victory. Very funny indeed. Why haven't they been able to win elections in Imo before Okorocha? The simple fact is that the Church, civil society, transport workers, artisans, students, market women and the general public were instrumental to rhe victory and sustenance of Rochas. Agbasos wanted to play godfathers and went about awarding contracts to their friends and even signing money without the Governors notice, conditioned the Governor that Jude must be both Deputy and commissioner for works at the same time. Today they've connived with PDP and asked all their friends not to execute contracts and at the same time prevent Rochas from re-awarding the said contracts just to discredit him.

So you forget that agbaso won the cancelled april 14 election in imo in 2007 with APGA.I laff at your lack of information
Re: APGA Moves To Recover Okorocha's Mandate Through Court by DerideGull(m): 8:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Rochas was second in they pdp presidential primaries held in 2007. He was Obasanjo's special advisor on political matters -not too sure of the post. And what has jobs or positions got to do with his emergence as governor? how many positions did Ohakim your man hold before he became governor? how many did peter obi,Sullivan chime and orji hold compared to positions rochas had?

I considered it as an insult when you referred Ohakim as my man. I had elected a woman who operates a stall in Eke Onunwa Market, Owerri instead of a drifter such as Okorocha as governor of Imo State. Ndigbo must re-orientate their application of values to avoid instances of characters such as Okorocha as a leader in any cadre within Igbo land.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Assembly Suspends 4 Lawmakers Over Deputy Gov’s Impeachment Plot / Atiku Represents Spirit Of June 12 – Gbenga Daniel / Falana: Posting Policemen Outside State Of Origin Is Unproductive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.