Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,923 members, 7,922,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:00 PM

Molue Banned From Lagos Island - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Molue Banned From Lagos Island (19905 Views)

PDP Members Facing Corruption Charges Banned From Contesting / Deji Adeyanju Banned From Seeing Metuh In Prison / Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja To Fulfil The Vow He Made If Buhari Wins (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Confusionist(m): 8:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Samoo01: ‘‘The state government said the decision was taken in its determination to ensure adequate monitoring of commuter bus operators as reagrds (sic) compliance with traffic rules and regulations.’’

So Lagos State needs to eradicate the remaining few dozens of 'Molue' that has been facing sustained attrition by Fashola's administration or the ‘‘adequate monitoring’’ of hundreds of thousands of vehicles plying Lagos roads daily will be in jeopardy? You can't make this stuff up.

Granted, ‘‘Molue’’ has become too haggard for this age and its carbon footprint being its Archiles heel, it, however, hasn't outlived its usefulness; the great unwashed still use the ugly Benz to commute themselves due to its affordability and uproariousity.

Why ban it from plying Iyana-Ipaja (the same road that heavy duty trucks ply) if it can ply Agege? And why did the reporter find it superfluous to get reactions from 'Molue' unionists?

I've never entered a 'Molue' before but I've been wondering how no one is upgrading this low budget means of transportation in an increasingly unaffordable Lagos.

The convoluted atmosphere that has become increasingly emblematic of Fashola's administration is the APC echo chamber cocooning.

Just when you think life can't get worse for Lagos proles, Fashola stifles it further with yet another Soviet-esque ukase.

As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock. Alas, there's no alternative to PDP and APC. Nigerians are in for a bumpy ride. Pathetic, really.
undecided
U talk too much and u talk trash!
And as much as u tried to make ur useless points, u only suceeded in making them pointless!

The only point u made was ur last statement of campaigning for ur useless PDP!!!

Why can't u just knw dt molue is actually an eye sore everywhere! If u can rebuild them, pls do. And stop making every move political!

We all knw there is nuttin better the molue can offer than cheap fares and inconveniences!!!

Mtcheeeww!!!

3 Likes

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by yim(f): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
mitwitdot: Signs of good Governance..BRF ride on
wicked human being;->
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by bobokelly(m): 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
So, those who feed their family through this molue should go hungry, Gov., Fashola temper your justice with mercy, all in the name of MEGA CITY, small, small, take is easyyyyy.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by larmu(m): 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
mancheeutd: Indeed END TIME TINS
#TeamEndTimeTinz
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by naptu2: 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
I wonder if other operators of high capacity buses will be allowed on to the Island. They've gradually taken over the role of molue buses in the past few years.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by royale442(m): 8:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
shocked
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Akshow: 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
bobokelly: So, those who feed their family through this molue should go hungry, Gov., Fashola temper your justice with mercy, all in the name of MEGA CITY, small, small, take is easyyyyy.
is lagos island d only route in lagos?

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by jayblinky: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
So the molue drivers will now be deported to their various states : end time tingz
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Akshow: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
jay blinky: So the molue drivers will now be deported to their various states :
that is nt a bad idea.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Samoo01: 8:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
Confusionist: undecided
U talk too much and u talk trash!
And as much as u tried to make ur useless points, u only suceeded in making them pointless!

The only point u made was ur last statement of campaigning for ur useless PDP!!!

Why can't u just knw dt molue is actually an eye sore everywhere! If u can rebuild them, pls do. And stop making every move political!

We all knw there is nuttin better the molue can offer than cheap fares and inconveniences!!!

Mtcheeeww!!!

So I was campaigning for PDP by describing PDP as egregious and made the case for Nigerians to do away with it and APC?

Are you intellectually impaired or just living up to your screename? Either way, you're beyond help.

4 Likes

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by isaiahethan: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hope he offer them jobs before they turn to thief.banned is good,but how would they survive,naija the rich gets richer,the poor gets poorer.Oh God arise deliver your poor children.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mucokey: The era of new tinz since End is so near lipsrsealed
this end time slogans is becoming too lousy and also constituting nuisances why not come up with a new word...
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by ghananotnaija(m): 9:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
I think this is a brilliant move by the Lagos state government to limit the number of undesirable people in the better parts of Lagos, mainly the islands. As a resident of Accra for many years, living in Lagos at first was a rude shock to my civilised sensibilities, and only Victoria Island, Ikoyi, and Lagos CBD were tolerable.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Not news, I havent seen such buses in VI for ages, I only see those buses on TV.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by free2ryhme: 9:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lagosians don suffer d same people that says dey are the voice of the masses now has become a torn in their flesh. Eko tin baje ooo
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Samoo01: ‘‘The state government said the decision was taken in its determination to ensure adequate monitoring of commuter bus operators as reagrds (sic) compliance with traffic rules and regulations.’’

So Lagos State needs to eradicate the remaining few dozens of 'Molue' that has been facing sustained attrition by Fashola's administration or the ‘‘adequate monitoring’’ of hundreds of thousands of vehicles plying Lagos roads daily will be in jeopardy? You can't make this stuff up.

Granted, ‘‘Molue’’ has become too haggard for this age and its carbon footprint being its Archiles heel, it, however, hasn't outlived its usefulness; the great unwashed still use the ugly Benz to commute themselves due to its affordability and uproariousity.

Why ban it from plying Iyana-Ipaja (the same road that heavy duty trucks ply) if it can ply Agege? And why did the reporter find it superfluous to get reactions from 'Molue' unionists?

I've never entered a 'Molue' before but I've been wondering how no one is upgrading this low budget means of transportation in an increasingly unaffordable Lagos.

The convoluted atmosphere that has become increasingly emblematic of Fashola's administration is the APC echo chamber cocooning.

Just when you think life can't get worse for Lagos proles, Fashola stifles it further with yet another Soviet-esque ukase.

As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock. Alas, there's no alternative to PDP and APC. Nigerians are in for a bumpy ride. Pathetic, really.

EDUCATED IMBECCILE grin

1 Like

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Fussbot: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Samoo01:

Typical Fashola lackey: When challenged, throw ad hominem attacks.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by eightsin(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
If it brings developmnt...thn there wnt b a problem bt if it doesn't . . .
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Erukuomoibadan: 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by slimyem: 9:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
This isn't new/news. Molue hasn't been plying island routes for many years now.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by azimibraun: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abeg I need a specic, precise answer. I am in Lagos and I want to go to the island apart from Molue is dia any oda means with wich I can get there;if there is, is molue more convinien, efficient and more affordable than the alternative?

Infact.. 2 tins Involved Tins.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Fussbot: 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2013

what is this??
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by TheBookWorm: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lagos is only for rich people. Poor people need not apply. undecided
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
What about banning Tinubu from Lagos?
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by confusion247(m): 9:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
yim: this is the segregation of the highest order so the Islanders are the Big Boys.
If they ban Molue completely what will the drivers eat?
They eat Eko ni baje oooo
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by deeptesting(m): 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Poor! Poor!! Poor!!! Is the City meant for everybody? If u no fit meet up make u go back to your village at least FG is doing well in encouraging agriculture,we cannot afford to remain backward while other countries are moving forward because some people claim to be poor.

2 Likes

Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ola2njee:
pls...in 1 sentence,summarize all that you've said.
Hahahahahaha
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by chronique(m): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
E nor kukuma concern me. And by the way,I think the molue is a transport bus for most of the thieves in lagos state. I can count how many times I've entered molue in lagos. The last straw that broke the carmel's back for me,as regards entering molue,was in 2003/04. I was looking for danfo to enter along ikeja/along at night and the danfos were few and not available. Time was running out and it was getting to 9pm. Then,this half filled molue came calling and we rushed in. While I was struggling to climb up,someone was helping himself with my wallet and some other bulk items in my pocket. Vehicle moved and when it was time to pay,I couldn't find my wallet. Luckily for me,I had lose change in my other pocket and I managed to get to my destination. From that day,I decided not to go near that big yellow 911 mercedes benz bus.

But ironically,if you haven't entered molue in lagos,it's as if you haven't fully enjoyed your adventures in lagos. 49 seating,99 standing;that's definitely a molue.
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by Anuoluwap(m): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
Gmail or Yahoo mail. Which do you prefer?
www.nairaland.com/1427310/gmail-vs-yahoo-mail-which
Re: Molue Banned From Lagos Island by lexyman(m): 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
[quote author=Samoo01]‘‘The state government said the decision was taken in its determination to ensure adequate monitoring of commuter bus operators as reagrds (sic) compliance with traffic rules and regulations.’’

As egregious as the PDP has been for us, Fashola's Lagos is a forlorn harbinger of what Nigerians will go through should APC get the mandate to man Aso-Rock. Alas, there's no alternative to PDP and APC. Nigerians are in for a bumpy ride. Pathetic, really.[/

You should have channeled this energy in making good point ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate / Kano Residents Protest ‘planned Demolition’ Of Bridge Constructed By ‘opposition / Akeredolu Thanks Nigerians For Prayers And Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.