Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,867 members, 7,889,899 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs (32233 Views)

Senator Mike Sonto's Gold Cars And Stacks Of Cash [PICS] / Chinese Builder Puts Up 57-story Skyscraper In 19 Days / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2013
9jadelta: hmmm, how can 33'degrees Celsius fry eggs. it gets hotter than that in the summer. may be there is magnifying glass on the building that converts the sun
You are on point. In maiduguri, we do have 40' degrees celsuis.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Afam4eva(m): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
London has skyscrapers Never knew.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bossforeva: Now that i know your name...Are U 4rm which hometown?
_

I'm from Grozny in Chechnya.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
SimonAndal:
Hi, my name is Simon Ivan Andal, from Chechnya, and this is my comment:
`
Doesn't this pose as some sort of health hazard, or something?
I quite agree with you! Foolishness and unnecessary competition has driven people to wacky extremes!
Hope this absurd building of theirs won't one day roast the poor occupants of the earth. man's creation always turns out to be man's destroyer. My sentiments exactly.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Pistolx(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
jesus...endtime tinz. cheesy.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by theanonymous: 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
Baba_Eleko: If na for Naija, na to go set up kitchen near the building b dat. Cooking tins.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Jydebauer: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
Fryscraper!
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by idu1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
soloxxng: what can i say wen things of this nature happens
End time tinz
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
Photo shop...i can't believe such thing
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
oladoya: who cares for what you bear? Besides, do you mean 'as' or 'has'...

Skip of finger..

Oga you wey wan correct person Gbagaun na you come dey Gbagaun, that Phrase is correct, maybe your Memory card don full.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Remii(m): 7:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
It is possible that affected objects are located at focal points of "concave mirrors" used to make the building. .
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
divinetruth2010:
Please take note that i WONT PICK up calls between 12pm to 7am GMT as i would be asleep by this time.
Let There Be light.
Wow! 19 whole hours everyday You've been sleeping your life away. lipsrsealed
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Remii: It is possible that affected objects are located at focal points of "concave mirrors" used to make the building. .
I agree with this post. cool
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Wateron: 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
Eni building on Adeola Odeku road close to d bull plaza does the same. Each tym I drive pass the building I fear for tankers carrying liquids with flash points below 37degree centigrade.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
My guy you did physics. You hear? Kudos

Akin-David:
I expect to read scientific interpretations in the comments but tah!! This is just what you get when you bring a magnifying glass out in the Sun. The rays of the sunlight are simply been converged and what do you have, heat which directly heat or melt anything in the area of convergence.

grin grin grin..Like all comments above, if it were to be in Nigeria, the headline would have been "Mysterious building that melts iron".

grin Save my head! grin grin

1 Like

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Therock5555(m): 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
I get only one question, abeg if i bring garri and frying pan go there would i be able to fry it.cheesycheesy
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Sounds dangerous : Cancer ish
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by InvertedHammer: 8:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Akin-David:
I expect to read scientific interpretations in the comments but tah!! This is just what you get when you bring a magnifying glass out in the Sun. The rays of the sunlight are simply been converged and what do you have, heat which directly heat or melt anything in the area of convergence.

grin grin grin..Like all comments above, if it were to be in Nigeria, the headline would have been "Mysterious building that melts iron".

grin Save my head! grin grin

You are correct. We used to use magnifying glass to burn paper when I was in High School. It was fun!

Sorry to the religious fanatics, this is not ETT.

1 Like

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by niyitogun(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
I have just one pertinent question. Please can it make indomie too?
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by SoaringSammy: 9:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
pendusky: 33.7 DEGREE CELSIUS CANT MELT ANYHNG, THEY MUST BE SOME OTHER THING THAT FOLLOWS! MAYBE THE THATS MAY BE ANOTHER INVENTION FROM THAT SCENE IF CAREFULY STUDIED.
that 33.7 degree fried egg doesn't mean that it was d limit of the heat that radiated from d house. A human being can die there if he stays long enough.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
Me, what I can pick from this is that there is indeed a way to make do many things.. it's not the atmospheric temperature but the redirection of the sun's ray.

What I'm saying is, the surface reflecting the sun ray determines the heat.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by murabs(m): 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
pendusky: 33.7 DEGREE CELSIUS CANT MELT ANYHNG, THEY MUST BE SOME OTHER THING THAT FOLLOWS! MAYBE THE THATS MAY BE ANOTHER INVENTION FROM THAT SCENE IF CAREFULY STUDIED.

Ambient temparsture in maiduguri can go as high as 40 degree celcius
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Purplebells: 10:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
That heat can be used to heat water in large thanks and supplied to the city instead of wasting electricity to heat water.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by levelszik(m): 12:22am On Sep 08, 2013
grin
SimonAndal:
Hi, my name is Simon Ivan Andal, from Chechnya, and this is my comment:
`
Doesn't this pose as some sort of health hazard, or something?
hi simon
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by linearity: 3:33am On Sep 08, 2013

It is obvious you did not study science in high school or you skipped class the day the science teacher was teaching reflection, refraction, concave lens & convex lens and all those calculations

Concave lens concentrated the light rays and heat into a concentrated spot, thereby doubling and tripling the heat felt by that point/area.....that is why you can use the sun and mirrors to light fire....heat is felt heaviest by objects positioned about halfway between the mirror and its center of curvature.

1 Like

Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 08, 2013
@levelszik:
;Dhi simon
_

Hey! Howdy?
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by Motolank: 4:49am On Sep 08, 2013
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by MrWorldwide2(m): 6:35am On Sep 08, 2013
stan4b: Thank God its nt melting human being. If na naija,my eastern guys go don turn am to business.
If it can melt cars made of metal, hw won't it b able 2 do something worse to humans? It sure will burn human skin if dey hv 2 stay under it 4 lng.
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by pendusky(m): 9:31am On Sep 08, 2013
linearity:

It is obvious you did not study science in high school or you skipped class the day the science teacher was teaching reflection, refraction, concave lens & convex lens and all those calculations

Concave lens concentrated the light rays and heat into a concentrated spot, thereby doubling and tripling the heat felt by that point/area.....that is why you can use the sun and mirrors to light fire....heat is felt heaviest by objects positioned about halfway between the mirror and its center of curvature.

then the temp in quote is wrong! even a lead cant be melt with such temp!
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by pendusky(m): 9:39am On Sep 08, 2013
Harrybanty: OH my LAWD!! See english.

the truth is england is not my country, with the liltle i knw am ok! IF YOU CAN INTERPRETE THE OP POST IN YOUR OWN DIALECT WITHOUT MISTAKES I QUIT NAIRALAND AND NIGERIA! AM FOLLOWING YOU CLOSELY. LETS BEGIN!!!

www.nairaland.com/1430349/quit-nairaland-happen#17973844
Re: London Skyscraper That Melts Cars And Fries Eggs by sonickay(m): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2013
seedord247:

Learn to spell right before begging for likes. undecided
uno jasi!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Declares War On Ukraine, Says It Is To Demilitarize The Country / Man Points Gun At Argentine Vice President In Assassination Attempt (Video) / Israel PM, Benjamin Netanyahu Visits Troops In Gaza Strip Amid War With Hamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.