Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,165 members, 7,887,396 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:13 AM

Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? (35221 Views)

Female Robbery Gang Arrested In Rivers State (Photo) / Female Robbery Gang Arrested In Ghana (Photos) / Face Of Man Who Led A 30-man Robbery Gang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Nobody: 6:29am On Sep 06, 2013

Female UNILAG Law School Graduate Arrested For Armed Robbery In Lagos

A seven-man robbery gang led by a woman, Chioma Ezekwesiri, has been smashed by the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS, in Lagos, southwest Nigeria. The robbery suspects were arrested while attempting to rob Bolatito Hotel, Kola Bus Stop, Ijaiye, Lagos. In chat with P.M.NEWS, Chioma said she arranged for the guns with Raymond Chukwuka, a.k.a. Stubborn, they were to use for the operation, which she claimed was a land matter, whereas the police said that their mission was allegedly to rob a male customer of the hotel, who sells fertilizer, of about N8 million. Other suspected members of the gang are: Amadi Igwe, 41, Raymond Chukwuka, 24, Ignatius Okeredi, 27, Michael Madu, 52, and Okechukwu Jerome, 28, and a yet-to-be identified member who is at large.

The alleged robbery operation, according to the police, was foiled by some staff of the hotel, who promptly made a distress call to SARS operatives. The law enforcement agents were said to have surrounded the hotel, and later searched all its occupants. It was in the process that two locally made guns and 12 live ammunition were recovered from the robbery suspects. “We received a distress call from a staff of Bolatito Hotel, who said they suspected some people around the hotel. The Special Anti-Robbery Squad moved in, surrounded the place and demanded to search everybody.

It was in the process that two guns and 12 live ammunition were recovered in Chioma’s car. This led to the arrest of all her gang members,” a top police source told P.M.NEWS. Following their arrest and conclusion of investigation, the police took them to court. Chioma, 35, who claimed to be a Law graduate from the University of Lagos, was remanded in prison custody along with six other members of her gang by Magistrate A.O. Komolafe of the Magistrates’ Court, Ikeja. They are facing a three count charge of robbery, conspiracy and unlawful possession of firearms.

Chioma claimed that she graduated from UNILAG in 1999, was called to the bar in 2000, and owns a Non-Governmental Organisation, Youth of All Nations Empowerment Association. But authorities of the University of Lagos said she did graduate from that institution. An officer of the school, who craved anonymity, said Chioma cannot claim to be an alumnus of the university if she cannot provide her matriculation number. “The fact that she claimed to have gone to Law School with the first batch is not substantial enough. UNILAG usually sends graduating students at a stretch, not in batches. My position on the issue is that she did not graduate from UNILAG, and so she was not our student,” the officer said. Chioma’s claim of being called to the Bar was also debunked by Barrister Tunji Busari of Cognate Solicitors, who explained that “we have a directory for all lawyers. We have all their names with the year they were called to bar, with their NBA registration numbers. When I checked through her name in the directory, I could not find her name in my record book.” When our reporter called Mr. J.E. Joshua, the chairman of Youth of All Nations Empowerment Association, he denied that Chioma is the founder of the association. “She just participated in a charity work which the association embarked on in April, and promised to participate fully in other projects of the NGO. But we decided to stop working with her when we realised that she wasn’t a straight forward person. She is not working with us,” Joshua stated. —Dedeigbo Ayodeji & Sulaimon Mojeed-Sunni

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/05/female-graduate-leads-7-man-robbery-gang/

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Louis007: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2013
Every1 denying her cos she stole, if she had won Guinness book of record, FG will even claim her!

58 Likes

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by djeezy(m): 6:56am On Sep 06, 2013
I doubt she graduated from law school. She indulged in this act because of desperation/frustration, and if she indeed graduated, she wouldn't do such.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by overdrive(m): 7:06am On Sep 06, 2013
Self employed sharp babe.
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Henrypraise: 7:11am On Sep 06, 2013
I hate police report, dey ar always shrouded in lies, n I dnt believe dis story either. It smells of lies and cover ups.

18 Likes

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2013
See gobe

1 Like

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by mipemi(m): 7:42am On Sep 06, 2013
Police and dere wahala...for all we know they may be talking gibberish dere

1 Like

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Michelle55: 7:53am On Sep 06, 2013
Police men with their mago mago way!!!!!!!!! i know trust them at all......... they are never straight forward in their report on crime issues......

1 Like

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by youngice(m): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2013
Cool story,but why did u use real name dont u no the reprecussion kiss
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by ritababe(f): 9:18am On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by 3ace(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2013
Louis007: Every1 denying her cos she stole, if she had won Guinness book of record, FG will even claim her! Well, End time tinz!
I think she actually lied. Did you read the part where the school claimed she couldn't provide her matriculation number? I can never forget my matric number. She said those lies in order to arouse sympathy.
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by fr3do(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Na wa o
whats left is for her to deny controlling herself.
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Lolitua(f): 9:48am On Sep 06, 2013
ASUU tinz
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by tellwisdom: 10:40am On Sep 06, 2013
This news is a lie. Nothing but a false news. Too many people involved
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by JohnFrankling(m): 11:13am On Sep 06, 2013
Ok, why not they tell us what really happend because I don't believe this
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Symphony007: 1:03pm On Sep 06, 2013
DJDOLA: Amadi igwe
Raymond chukuwuka
Ignatius okeredi
Micheal madu
Okechukwu jerome
Chioma ezekwesiri

HUN OLORUN A KU KU GBAWA LOWO YIN...A DE GBO DO SORO SIN......WA TI BERE SI NI BU YORUBA...ESA MA BA ORI LE DE YI JE FUN WA

i knew it was about time the tribalist association of nigeria paracuted in.

4 Likes

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by ajasa4link: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
perhaps the lady was called to 1759 cool spot BAR....AND not d normal bar we know. let them check there as well

4 Likes

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by TeenageMoney(m): 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mayb she studied Criminology. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Jeel: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2013
Is robbery now reviving?
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by abatajjvii: 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
she do river jare

ride on girl

what a man can do a woman can do best
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Na so I read am dz morning. If she's a law graduate 4 dat matter, y she kom dey thief?
She has no reason 2 b an armed robber.
Last Bullet:
Now, she go tey tey 4 jail.
Crime neva pay.
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Akshow: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
nna men, girls are not smiling o. imagine a gal heading a robbery gang of men. ogggaaaa gan o. for all of u blaming police and accusing them, i'm sure u will not say that if the criminals paraded are from other tribe. trust Nigerians to find mistake with the system when he turn their kins men.

11 Likes

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
MORE BAD TALES OUT OF MAULAG
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Jeel: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
Its like she's a Chelsea fan. Look closely.

1 Like

Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by playahP(m): 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
They go rappppe am tire for cell!!
No be naija police??

See the fresh-skinned babe.
This one is meat for dpo tonight!

Next week will be corporal's turn!!

Chai.... God of armageddon!

--------------------------

Looking at the picture closely, you'd notice the girl is still wearing her hair-net!

Why would a robber be putting on hiar-net??

Maybe its just me but this whole gist don't really add up.

About 6 people with only one locally made gun??... The rest weren't even with knives or something!!.... This story get serious serious K leg!!
Re: Chioma Ezekwesiri: UNILAG Law Graduate? Led A Robbery Gang? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
I doubt this robbery story; The Police is always searching for culprits to label as robbers to prove that they are working.

I will rather go with a report that they used the arms to intimidate people over land matters. But their own don be, cos there is no efficient office of the public defender.

Fullstop.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrests Maryam Sanda For The Murder Of Husband, Bilyamin Muhammed Bello / Police Arrest ABU Security Staff ‘working’ With Gunmen To Kidnap Lecturers / Fake Drinks Producer Nabbed In Warri (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.