Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:56 AM

Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija (1683 Views)

**Kakakibuy + Okenwa26 DELIVERED Ford Focus Automatic**Brussels To Naija*PICS*** / ***Kakakibuy + Joker5180 DELIVERED 2002 Mercedes Benz C240**Ohio To Naija*PICS** / Kakakibuy + Tayosmatts DELIVERED 2001 Nissan Primera Auto**Berlin To Naija*PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by morpheus24: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2008
I am shipping about 4 cars into naija. All of them are Year 2000 models. Can I ship them into naija or will I have any problems i.e to say are they all still under the 8 year mark.

I am not sure how naija calculates their 8 year mark as far as cars as concerned. Please confirm for me. I don't want to get to the port in naija and start hearing stories.

Thanks.
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by busynett: 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2008
morpheus24:

I am shipping about 4 cars into naija. All of them are Year 2000 models. Can I ship them into naija or will I have any problems i.e to say are they all still under the 8 year mark.

I am not sure how naija calculates their 8 year mark as far as cars as concerned. Please confirm for me. I don't want to get to the port in naija and start hearing stories.

Thanks.

Go ahead and ship them legally. 2000 is still within permitted period of time.
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by morpheus24: 1:54pm On Jun 16, 2008
busynett:

Go ahead and ship them legally. 2000 is still within permitted period of time.

I appreciate it . Thanks
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by morpheus24: 6:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
Guys

Please I have one more question. Whats the turn around time for shipping the car and then how long normally to clear the car from the ports. Max time frame.
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by busynett: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2008
morpheus24:

Guys

Please I have one more question. Whats the turn around time for shipping the car and then how long normally to clear the car from the ports. Max time frame.

All things being equal, turn around time should me 3weeks, Car dealers would respond to time taken to clear from Nigeria port.

Maybe inspired_m, jenju and viperman would help
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by morpheus24: 7:02pm On Jun 16, 2008
busynett:

All things being equal, turn around time should me 3weeks, Car dealers would respond to time taken to clear from Nigeria port.

Maybe inspired_m, jenju and viperman would help

Thanks again for your quick response.
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by jenju(m): 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2008
morpheus24:

Thanks.

For all practical purposes, you should be fine. Year 2000 models are the oldest cars that can be imported to Nigeria by law.

I do not, as a general rule, import  Year 2000 model cars that were manufactured in 1999. I've heard of some ignorant customs agents that will argue that a car's model is 1999 simply because 1999 is written on the car as the Manufactured year. I know of a case where such a car was seized and actually auctioned off! The owner is in court as we speak, trying to recover from customs.

If you plan to ship from Baltimore send me an email tikola70@hotmail.com and I'll hook you up.  Good luck to you.

Cheers,
J
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by morpheus24: 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2008
morpheus24:

Thanks.

Jenju

Thanks for the info. Its all ML 430 benz but I will look into the specs on that. I know the shipping company will quote me a time it gets to naija but i want to know from hands on experience how long it normally takes by ship ( leaving from houston, tx) and when it gets there how long normally does it take to clear vehicle at port so I can gestimate when to leave for naija to pick it up.

Also other factors that might interfer with normall process such as time of year, does rainy season affect arrivals of cargo.
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by abujabooks(f): 10:37am On Jun 17, 2008
@Jenju,

I need help with buying a car from the US. I want to know where to buy in the US. How much it is for shipping a car? Do you have any websites I can check? How much roughly would clearing agents charge for a Toyota or Honda or Mercedes A160?

So many questions, I will email you.

Thanks
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by jenju(m): 10:43am On Jun 17, 2008
abujabooks:

@Jenju,

I need help with buying a car from the US. I want to know where to buy in the US. How much it is for shipping a car? Do you have any websites I can check? How much roughly would clearing agents charge for a Toyota or Honda or Mercedes A160?

So many questions, I will email you.

Thanks

I look forward to receiving your email. If you include a telephone number in the email, I'll be glad to call you and provide any assistance you require.

Cheers,
J
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by Tyno: 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2008
Jenju, please what's ur email address I wish to ask u questions too concerning Abujabooks request.Thanks
Re: Please Confirm If My Car Can Ship To Naija by jenju(m): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2008
Tyno:

Jenju, please what's your email address I wish to ask u questions too concerning Abujabooks request.Thanks

tikola70@hotmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Fairly used, clean volkswagen beetle (1998 model) up for grabs - very cheap!!! / 2000 Toyota Camry Forsale / I Have 1-1.8m Need Toyota Yaris-landcruiser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.