Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,414 members, 7,901,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:11 AM

ASUU Wahala... My Take - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Wahala... My Take (834 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / National ASUU Begins Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Wahala... My Take by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2013
Despite the fact that the government took so long before putting into consideration the demands of ASUU in the 2009 Agreement,

it might interest you all to know that the current ASUU boss is a northerner and a Muslim

who may have been acting on a script to further make Nigeria ungovernable by GEJ.

Governor Gabriel Suswam of
Benue State has said the lingering strike
by the Academic Staff Union of
Universities, ASUU, is becoming a
political action other than an agitation
for the welfare of university lecturers.
Suswam, who spoke yesterday, when he
played host to the leadership of the
National Union of Benue Students,
NUBES, insisted that the leadership of
ASUU was not being realistic with its
demands.

According to him, “ASUU has no business
continuing with this strike because the
Federal Government has met virtually all
of their demands. There is nothing in the
list of their demands that government
has not touched. Which is actually true.

The Federal government has released
N100 billion to upgrade infrastructures in
the universities and that money has
been distributed among all the
universities in the country and most of
them have commenced their
procurement process.

While the sum of
N30 billion has also been released to
take care of the Earned Allowances of
lecturers in federal universities (which is supposed to be responsibility of governing councils of Universities from internally generated revenue),

pending
the verification of the number of those
that are entitled to it.” (Which doesn't mean FG won't source for means to settle them once they are in classroom)

Remember as Students, you pay Administrative chargers and other bills during registrations! This moneys are meant to Cater for Issue of Earned Allowance (the 87bn ASUU are refusing to call off the strike for despite government intervention of 30bn).

I agree with Gov. Suswam statement. Curled from www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/ASUU-strike-becoming-political-suswam/
Re: ASUU Wahala... My Take by JohnFrankling(m): 11:23am On Sep 06, 2013
I agree with the Governor on this one

1 Like

Re: ASUU Wahala... My Take by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 06, 2013
Like ASUU had said the needs assessment committee set up by the FG was actually to act as a smoke-screen to take the eyes of nigerians off the main issues. And Suswam's statement has proved that.
The issue is not about the 100b nor the 30b, it's about a gov't that lacks integrity, and trustworthiness. The moneys that are said to be endorsed don't make up to 50% of the agreement had in 2009.
So you see, first it was no action at all on the pathof the FG, then it was it's not possible for the agreement to be enforced, then it was there's no money in the FG acounts, then 100b to b shared amongst 57 schools (I wonder what each school will get), and now it is the strike is politicised. Perhaps, the next thing we'll hear is that Faggae is the sole sponsor of opposition elements in the country.
I have always said that when one looks at university of Abuja (pitifully my alma mater), you see the reall attitude of the FG towards education in this country. And this is what ASUU is trying to change. 100 billion would not last the schools a yea. Who know when next the FG would pay a 100billion after this time.
We need a sustainable process.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Wahala... My Take by Gwammen(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2013
Mtchewwwwwww
Re: ASUU Wahala... My Take by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 06, 2013
wordsbase: Like ASUU had said the needs assessment committee set up by the FG was actually to act as a smoke-screen to take the eyes of nigerians off the main issues.
We need a sustainable process.
All issues on the agreement has been touched, what dey ar saying is without the complete 87bn, dey won't call off or if I may ask, what's d issue left dat is stopping dem from calling off!
Re: ASUU Wahala... My Take by timwezzb(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
Season 4 Episode 3....
Re: ASUU Wahala... My Take by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
meetmonde: All issues on the agreement has been touched, what dey ar saying is without the complete 87bn, dey won't call off or if I may ask, what's d issue left dat is stopping dem from calling off!

Like I said, what they want is a sustainable process..
Besides, 'touching' is just what it is - touching. We don't want the FG to just touch. ASUU wants the FG to be trustworthy, to fully implement the 2009 agreement, and make it sustainable while doing so.

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG Foundation Merit Cut-off Marks2013/2014 Out / Does ITF Pay Students IT Allowance / Why Do Teachers Still Teach Nine Planet In Schools?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.