Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,479 members, 7,911,133 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:58 AM

Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? (27124 Views)

Here Are Some silly Questions People Ask / Things You Believed To Be True When You Where Little!! / Nigerian Taboos You Believed While U Were Groewd Olds, Rhodalyn Shut Up In Adv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Crixina(f): 6:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Yet you refuse to grace the Legend thread with the Rose tale.

@topic: the dilemma of every child, "where do babies come from?"
why won't that tale interest you?
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by princeonx: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Israel is in heaven! Didn't know it was a country.

4 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Peterpan1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
That Lagos was the only state and Nigeria the only country in the world, if ur biscuit falls on the floor don't pick it cos satan has licked it.

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nbright: 6:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Don't read books or signboards or posters when walking on the street or else someone will collect your reading ability (sense)

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by harlos: 6:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
I used to believe if I eat a fish's head, i won't know book

the story has changed now cos thats what i always gun for in the pot smiley
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iterator25: 7:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
harlos: I used to believe if I eat a fish's head, i won't know book

the story has changed now cos thats what i always gun for in the pot smiley
it's true afterall sad

4 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
I was warned against swallowing the seeds of an orange while sucking it unless I wanted an orange tree to grow in my stomach and burst out through my head. shocked cheesy cheesy
I was as calm as a hindu cow and as gentle as a dove while sucking back then. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by nbright: 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
ITbomb: I believed that the first woman was born with a dick but because of disobedience , God cut it off. They later warn me that if I let any girl outside my family members see my dick, it will disappear and I will become a girl.
I kept to that warning diligently untill . . .
. . . . Rose, our househelp came.
Thank God for Rose

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Mucokey(m): 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Yet you refuse to grace the Legend thread with the Rose tale.

@topic: the dilemma of every child, "where do babies come from?"
Soo believed that pregnant women were actually being cut open thru the bellybutton n dat really solved it for us then cool

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by agberoboy(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
I believe all dis tins
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Harbiurlah(f): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
I used to blive dat father Christmas comes frm heaven once in a year.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Donvitalis(m): 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
..that i'll become a girl if i got bitten by a centipede.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is real.I should trow my Ball into a big Pan use to fry Garri that is will grow bigger,as soon as I did my ball blast off.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
pumpingmachine: are you kidding me? I thought he came from Rome
damn i tot he was from canada
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by sunday478(m): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
RINE.:
Drinking coconut water as a pupil would make one dull.
it has not been long that i got ove this one
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by joanpinkie(f): 7:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
slkphil: [color=#000099][/color]
As a Nigerian kid I believed we are the leaders of tomorrow - politically.

Alas how can we be, when the then leaders are yet to die or leave the position

Don't worry its obvious that u are still a kid by d time u grow up they will die n u will "lead tomorrow"

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by sunday478(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
russianmob27: believed in Hell fire
yeah, it realy exist, *no string attached
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by igomen: 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
As a kid I believed that people of my religion are beautiful while people of other religion(s) are ugly. I was therefore shocked when I saw beautiful people of other religion(s). Silly me, skin beauty has nothing to do with who or what you worship.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:
lol it's Chekelele grin

ok o.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by joanpinkie(f): 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
lafflaff123: I believed I was Abiola's son and got switched by my Kpako father.

Your body might have grown but your brain is yet to develop

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by myean: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
reminding me of when i display all d photo swags and styles i knew then during thunder storms.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by myean: 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Reminding me of when i display all d photo swags and styles i knew then when the thunder lightenings were 'on'.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
My elder brother used to be my hero when I was a kid and he made me believe some really stupid things:

We had a right-and-left handheld game. The battery once wore out and he told me that if I poured kerosene on the battery compartment, it would start to work again. Na so I go pour kerosene ontop the thing. The game was history after that.

I remember that during the 1990s coup, I saw a police pickup truck truck carrying the charred remains of a dead person. I went to my brother shaking with fear and told him what I saw. He replied by saying "no, it was a roasted goat you saw. Policemen like eat ing goat meat."

Till today I believe policemen like goat meat cheesy
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by sultanemerald(m): 7:36pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: I remember watching Bill Cosby's 'Kids Say', and it occurred to me how as kids we had some real weird imaginations, had silly things we believed or just swallowed the lies our parents and elder kids told us hook line and sinker; ofcourse until aftersometime in our adult life we realized we'd been real silly grin

Here are a list of things I thought and believed...
You can add yours too tongue

*I believed in the Tooth fairy(courtesy of cartoons), only ish was in Nigeria our tooth fairies were actually rats. Mum would tell me to keep my tooth safe after it'd fallen off or the rats would eat it and i'll have rat teeth cry. I guarded my tooth with my life.

*I always wondered how Santa would drop me gifts since we didn't have a chimney. I bothered dad so much about adding a chimney to the roof for Santa n begged him to buy a Christmas tree too. I got the tree but not the chimney, and I never saw Santa.

*Everytime I saw Always sanitary pad advert, i'd ask mum why they poured that blue liquid on it. When I saw her own pad I was so excited, I spent over a week searching for where she hid the blue liquid. I got a lashing for all my troubles undecided

*My dad is dark and mum fair. I have two fair siblings, while my bro n I are dark skinned. I concluded dad birthed us and mum had the other two.

*When I finally discovered only women had kids, I kept wondering why we were dark. My little mind concluded the doctors colored us whichever way our parents wanted. I was gonna have red babies like the red Indians cool

*When I was 6, my classmate told me we could turn cabin biscuit to chocolate by frying. I got home and emptied half a pack of cabin in the pan--all I got was charred biscuit afterwards. I still believed I had done it wrong till I turned 10..before I finally realized that cabins weren't chocolates grin

*After a bout of chicken pox, I refused to eat chicken for the next 5yrs...my parents had to convince me I hadn't contracted it from an actual chicken tongue

*I believed covering my head with a blanket would keep the monsters away embarassed

*Things acted in Sci Fi movies were real. I wondered why our car couldn't fly.

*Whenever I swallowed an orange seed, i'd go to sleep really scared wondering when the tree would grow outta my belly.

*If u stood up while eating all the food would settle on your feet.

*Food sacrifices left in the center of a 3-way junction were taken away by real spirits grin

LOL @ the colour gist. toh red nigerian.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by elifemi: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
Cant stop laughing.... Makes me remember the sandalili song,
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by ume(m): 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
i beleive as a primary one student that ma sister in primary five will waite for me to jion them and we move up toghter

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by lorettafrancis(f): 7:39pm On Sep 06, 2013
;DI believed that madam koikoi lives in my primary sch toilet,that a woman carrying a baby at her back is pounding fufu in d moon,also believed that when sum1 sends u on an erand and spits on d floor,ur navel would disappear if u fail to show up b4 d spit dries up..MEEHN YOU NEEDED TO SEE ME RACING! ;DI believed that madam koikoi lives in my primary sch toilet,that a woman carrying a baby at her back is pounding fufu in d moon,also believed that when sum1 sends u on an erand and spits on d floor,ur navel would disappear if u fail to show up b4 d spit dries up..MEEHN YOU NEEDED TO SEE ME RACING!

1 Like

Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by rachaelD(f): 7:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
My broda told me dat if we put d magnet from a speaker on our tv we wld get cable network...while d tv was gettin worse I blived d cable was on its way in from d top rite corner.

Also blivd I cld see d presenters from behind d tv
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Shekson(m): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
The most silly one is my primary sch teacher that taught me 'Jangolova Epo Moto' during exercise periods. Am sure she didn't know the real wordings. Jz knew the real words last year.
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by iphedahyor(m): 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
-I blivd thunder balogun's shot tore d goalkeepers stomach -I blivd I won't b able 2 stand up if I fart on a mortal
Re: Silly Things You Believed As A Kid? by Jessicavizzy(f): 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
Funny but True...Believin dat if a Guy should jus Touch me i'll Get *regnant.cried wen i started seeing ma mestrual flow,to me it minz am *regnant..Cant stay in dark coz i'll see ojuju calabar.Thinking onitsha is outside Nigeria..Was so ashame of masef wen i started having breast,wil hide it frm mafrds by wearing three shirt@ a time..Use to think that coconut water wil make u dull as a student.Thinking that celebraties dont go to toilet.Eating Banana wil make me luk lyk monkey..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Share Your Most Embarrassing Moments In 2020 / 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! / World's Most Pierced Humans!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.