Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,913 members, 7,969,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:25 PM

My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage (4773 Views)

Please Which Foriegn Web-host Is The Most Reliable / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / Our Reseller Web Host Is Growing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by uspry1(f): 2:51am On Jun 19, 2008
kelechiodo:

Thanks for your concern.
OmniPotens, I paid for the personal pack N3500 and extra N1500 for the domain name.
uspry1, regard less of what you are seeing, the point remains that Abimco never told me that my site was being suspended till it actually expired. The site you saw may have started existing from yesterday. It appears that as syskay said the domain must have been renewed. My consern then is shifting it. Once more thank you all, but if worse comes, I will have to look for another name.
Out of curiosity though, uspry1, why did you change the subject title. Not that I am complaining, it is just out of curiosity. You are actually doing a great job in moderating this forum.

@poster

I did not change the subject title during my absence yesterday! Thank you for compliment my moderating job on NL.

Wish you the best luck back to your business with your renewal hosting/domain name!
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by abimco(m): 8:49am On Mar 31, 2009
Hello
Sorry I have been of Nairaland for sometime.
We don't hold the domain of any of our clients hostage, when you check the whois of any of these domains they are registered in the client's name. All our clients have a domain management account which they can use to manage their domains, change their dns or even move it without any problem. All they need to do is login to their domain accounts from our website www.abimco.net and use their email address as their user name and if they don't remember their password they can easily request for it.
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 04, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by suvatha: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2010
I got the web hosting here http://www.xnynz.com/  and also i got the hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by lagoshost(m): 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2010
sorry! Resolve it with them.
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2010
I will help you buy domain names from godaddy in the US. But you will pay me in naira. You pay first and i buy for you. Do you trust me, email oluwa12002@yahoo.com

Why waist you money. Any domain welcomed. But if you do anything suspicious using the domain, i tell them to terminate it.
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by cystein(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2010
Well,

Very sorry guy. Next time learn to host with those who own servers not re-sellers
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by sheffman19(m): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2010
the hosting compaly you are talking about is not a reliable one,but i can recognised the site i use to get the hosting colpany and cheap domain registration,they are a reliable one, i do a research here http://www.thedomain-yahoo/ or at
http://www.thedomains-yahoo/
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by james85: 8:22am On Feb 07, 2012
There are many type of hosting available now but it depends on you which type of hosting service you select for your website according to your requirement. Managed IT
Re: My Web Host Is Holding My Domain Name Hostage by typearls(f): 3:38am On Jun 13, 2016
same experience I had

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Build High Cpc Admob Impression And Clicks App / 3 Reasons Why You Should Not Move From Blogger To Wordpress, Yet! / XAMPP Or WAMPSERVER, Which Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.