Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,136 members, 7,967,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 01:53 PM

Ten Lies The Church Tells Women - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Lies The Church Tells Women (43053 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / 4 Lies The Church Taught Me About Sex / Church Tells HIV Patients To Stop Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by CzarChris(m): 5:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
This tread reeks of a lez twisting the biblical truth under the guise of 'feminism'. This one aspect I love about muslims, they are clear and strict on what they want and they adhere to it no complains from their ladies. But, cos Christ gave us liberty we think we can twist things our way abi? God is watching in 3D ooo!

4 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Deiok(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
What is this. OP YOU ARE THE ONE TELLING THE LIES.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by 50calibre(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Another thread designed to mislead our Nigerian women. The standard of our women has so fallen that many Nigerian men now settle for other nationalities because the good qualities of Nigerian women, (which are these points above) are no longer present.

Apart from No 3 & 10, any woman who has a problem with the other points, would remain single, age alone and die alone. These principles have been the blueprint by which most old days marriages were built upon, and they were highly successful.

The number of single ladies in Nigeria will continue to rise, and so would suicide rates. rejection, loneliness, celibacy, childlessness would be the bane of Nigerian women.

7 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Ryabcool(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lol! All I can see is aggressive promotion of feminism with a vain attempt to support it with twisted inferences from the bible... I dey laff

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by dedifferrence(m): 5:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
Which Church dey talk all these ones
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by mazizitonene(m): 5:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dis is one of d tnz dat piss me off....seeing long piece of thrash on FP....
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by plaetton: 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
@op

This issue of equality between the sexes always seem to neglect the basic truth that men and women are different, not only biologically, but emotionally in terms of temperament and worldview.

Nature and evolution has taken eons of time to equip each with their own set of skill sets for the survival and social cohesion of the species.
These are facts we also observe in our mammalian cousins, as well as other species in the animal kingdom.

Each gender has its own strengths and weaknesses.

The skill sets of each gender are supposed compliment one another in a harmonious social setting.

Therefore, in society, roles evolve for each gender over long periods of time for the smooth running of the most important social unit of society, the family.

Any ambiguation of those gender specific roles will always lead to conflict and breakdown of the social units, especially when sudden.

My advice to the op and those who are cheering her is simple.

Any woman, who, due to education, or whatever reasons, are unwilling to accept to play their own gender-specific roles in the social contract, should not bother signing up at all.

At least today, society gives all the freedom to live free and not be encumbered by marriage.
So why bother?

As for men, no matter how much we pretend to be open to the ambiguation of gender-specific roles, we will always prefer and revert back to the default position.

That is the gospel truth, and nothing can change that.

5 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by divinelove(m): 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
A woman is a man's helper. Thats the whole essence of creating a woman. GO and read it in Genesis that is asumming you are a christian. A man and a woman were never meant to be equals, a woman is the weaker sex. let us not compete bc we are both wonderful the way the creator made us to co exist. A man needs a woman and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by zezebabyxoxo: 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ok

10 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Okijajuju1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
carr101: We live in the 21st century, but if we're honest we have to admit that in some ways the church is still in the Dark Ages--especially when we look at the way we treat women.

LIE #1.  GOD'S ULTIMATE PLAN FOR WOMEN IS THAT THEY SERVE THEIR HUSBANDS.

Whats a lie about this?!

According to Apostle Paul..

I Cor. 11 – 8 “A Man is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God.”

Refer...

carr101: LIE #2.  WOMEN CAN'T BE FULFILLED OR SPIRITUALLY EFFECTIVE WITHOUT A HUSBAND.

carr101: LIE #3.  WOMEN SHOULDN'T WORK OUTSIDE THE HOME.

And whats a Lie about this?!

Titus 2:5
English Standard Version (ESV)

5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

carr101: LIE #4.  WOMEN MUST OBEDIENTLY SUBMIT TO THEIR HUSBANDS IN ALL SITUATIONS.

Okay... So are you calling brother Timothy a Lair?! angry

1 Timothy 2:12 ESV
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

carr101: LIE #5.  A MAN NEEDS TO "COVER" A WOMAN IN HER MINISTRY ACTIVITIES.

1 Cor. 11:7-10

"For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8 For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; 9 for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake. 10 Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels."

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

carr101: LIE #6. A WOMAN SHOULD VIEW HER HUSBAND AS THE "PRIEST OF THE HOME."

Ephesians 5:23

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

carr101: LIE #7.  WOMEN ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO ASSUME LEADERSHIP ROLES.

5 For this reason I left you in aCrete, that you would set in order what remains and bappoint celders in every city as I directed you,

6 namely, aif any man is above reproach, the bhusband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of cdissipation or drebellion.

7 For the 1aoverseer must be above reproach as bGod’s steward, not cself-willed, not quick-tempered, not daddicted to wine, not pugnacious, enot fond of sordid gain,

Acts 2:17

17 ‘aAnd it shall be in the last days,’ God says,

‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all 1mankind;

And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,

And your young men shall see visions,

And your old men shall dream dreams;

carr101: LIE #8: WOMEN MUST NOT TEACH OR PREACH TO MEN IN A CHURCH SETTING.

1 Tim. 2:12-14

"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

carr101: LIE #9.  WOMEN ARE MORE EASILY DECEIVED THAN MEN.

2 Corinthians 11:3

3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

carr101: LIE #10: WOMEN WHO EXHIBIT STRONG LEADERSHIP QUALITIES HAVE A "SPIRIT OF JEZEBEL."

Erm... DUH!!

Shey na the strong Leadership qualities of Jezebel make her go barb Samsom head from Dada to mohawk!

Summary:: The Bible has nothing to do with new millenium or Y2k compliance.. You either obey the word of God or you become an unbeliever.. You women should simply obey the bible and be submissive.. Its this type of behavior that landed Mankind in the problems we are suffering today. You women have started again. Why wouldnt you learn from your ancestors Eve & Jezebel.. angry

Any Woman who isnt submissive to a Man would go to hell.. #Period

3 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by yfo: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
nzeako: Wats with dis op always attacking christians and christianity. When do we get to read ten lies the mosque tell women. To a larger extent, d christian women have been emancipated. Focus more on d more backward ones (d muslims). Maybe dey will start vaccinating their children.

its people like u that steam up the ugly flames of ethnic and religious divide in this country...your myopic reasoning just makes u wanna lash out at things u haven't given a chance to understand or appreciate (islam)

what aspect of this thread has anything to do with muslims but u just look for any chance to spew rubbish about them and people u don't understand...if the muslims start talking about christians, u would be the first to accuse them of being a satanic sect and here u are doing the exact same thing.

#in conclusion, its people like you who make me ashamed to be a christian @ times...stop being a hater and try minding your own business

3 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by danbdavid: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dis is nt a message frm d chrch of God in christ Jesus
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Hardeyoye: 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
I think this is like u are trying to be rebellous, proud and full of ego. Why can't u accept how God has made u to be? Sb must be d head and God has created man for dat position, accept ur fate. It is something u don't have control over, u can't change it or better still, u can turn ursef to a man if u are so bent on lording it over somebody. Afterall, 1 idi0t turned 'himsef' to a woman.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Another bitter, frustrated woman thread.

Una no dey ready to renounce the advantages of being female in our society, but una dey complain about the perceived 'disadvantages'. Una neva serious.

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by sweetrace(f): 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
@ Op, a thousand kisses for this piece.

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Samunique(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
ifeness:

Word of which God? Zeus,yahweh,Baal,jupital, which one?!! Are you aware that godess Asherah was the wife of the bible yahweh and Baal was his brother? You need to go back to the real stories about yahweh. All your bible references are pathetic. They encourages human slavery,women slavery,rape,murder and genocide. How long are were suppose to be fooled by the bible.

Bible was written from The black Egyptian book of the dead which is over 10,000 years old. Women are very powerful,especially the black women. They should be reverend and not treated as slaves. You need to burn that bible of yours.
See as u just fooled urself "the bible was written from the black eggyptian book of the dead which was over 10,000 years old" so, is the world itself up to 10,000 years old? See what endless googleing, religious fallaces and rebellion spirit have done to u.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by gentlegg(m): 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
@poster
If really you have those believes in you, then WOE UNTO ANY MAN TO TANGLE HIMSELF WITH YOU.

@all ladies
I swear to you, if you can try opposite of all the poster's believes, you will be the HAPPIEST WOMAN ON EARTH.

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
can we know d church d OP attends
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by plaetton: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Samunique: See as u just fooled urself "the bible was written from the black eggyptian book of the dead which was over 10,000 years old" so, is the world itself up to 10,000 years old? See what endless googleing, religious fallaces and rebellion spirit have done to u.

OMG!!!!!!! shocked

I simply cannot believe the bolded.

Someone thinks the world is not up to 10,000 years old?

I am too stupefied to comment further.

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by kadree(m): 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
y-fo:

its people like u that steam up the ugly flames of ethnic and religious divide in this country...your myopic reasoning just makes u wanna lash out at things u haven't given a chance to understand or appreciate (islam)

what aspect of this thread has anything to do with muslims but u just look for any chance to spew rubbish about them and people u don't understand...if the muslims start talking about christians, u would be the first to accuse them of being a satanic sect and here u are doing the exact same thing.

#in conclusion, its people like you who make me ashamed to be a christian @ times...stop being a hater and try minding your own business
He is a kid n if he is of 18 n above,den shame to his mental strenght n age dat couldn't work together.

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by tete7000(m): 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
Why not just find a man that goes to your kind of church and shares your idea rather than coming here to preach heresy
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ceejayluv(m): 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
Personally I know men and women are equal and all that... But recently the utterances of two gals I respect much left me pondering if it's,the women themselves doing the discrimination.
One is married with a baby girl. She said she wanted a boy and she hopes she doesn't give birth to another girl, stating that "gals wahala too much"...

The other is single . We were discussing bout women empowerment and stuff. To my surprise she said those govt agencies and NGO's are on their own, that "wetin concern woman".. That she can't buy a phone or car with her money, Her man must get that for her....

Na there I hang boot.
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by mencer(m): 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lie lie lies.
Most feminist don't know what a happy home is like.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by buoye1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
I wonder how these lies mingled is way to the front page for millions of nairAlander to view.......dis is an avalanche of malady#SMH

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by soulglo: 5:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
plaetton: @op

This issue of equality between the sexes always seem to neglect the basic truth that men and women are different, not only biologically, but emotionally in terms of temperament and worldview.

Nature and evolution has taken eons of time to equip each with their own set of skill sets for the survival and social cohesion of the species.
These are facts we also observe in our mammalian cousins, as well as other species in the animal kingdom.

Each gender has its own strengths and weaknesses.

The skill sets of each gender are supposed compliment one another in a harmonious social setting.

Therefore, in society, roles evolve for each gender over long periods of time for the smooth running of the most important social unit of society, the family.

Any ambiguation of those gender specific roles will always lead to conflict and breakdown of the social units, especially when sudden.

My advice to the op and those who are cheering her is simple.

Any woman, who, due to education, or whatever reasons, are unwilling to accept to play their own gender-specific roles in the social contract, should not bother signing up at all.

At least today, society gives all the freedom to live free and not be encumbered by marriage.
So why bother?

As for men, no matter how much we pretend to be open to the ambiguation of gender-specific roles, we will always prefer and revert back to the default position.

That is the gospel truth, and nothing can change that.

With all due respect sir you have made absolutely no sense. You are agreeing with the poster but at the same time attacking her. You say that both genders are different and yet you are attacking a woman that has said the exact same thing. She never put men down in her post. In fact she made it clear that women should submit to their men and men should submit to their wives as the Bible says. Men and women are very different but they are certainly equal. Sometimes I wonder if african men will ever see that the reason Africa is as backwards as it is today is because of what we think leadership means. The average African man is not an effective leader. The only way Africans (not just men) for the most part handle leadership roles is a total slave and master relationship. It is backward, sinful, and a destructive. If you truly feel that you are in a position of leadership in your home as such everybody needs to treat you as if you were a god then don't whine when your government tells you to bend over and take it in the arse. That is why your country is the way it is. A bunch of men who were untrained and given entitlements that they did not earn. Married wives that were forced to carry on with letting them act the fool and eventually unleash them on the masses. They sit in government seats today teaching you your place beneath their feet and I am sure it does not feel good. But accept it and it is what you deserve because that is what you have wished on others from your position of leadership.

The fact is that anybody who feels that they are entitled to something they did not earn is pretty much a low grade loser. A man who feels that he deserves to be waited on because he is a human being born with a penis is a loser. A woman who feels that she deserves to have everything paid for by everybody around her simply because she is a woman is no better. Both are the exact same thing. Failures at life. You earn respect. You earn loyalty. You are entitled to nothing.

13 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by PrettySpicey(f): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
These lessons are for those who believe their Pastors' words are literally "Out of God's mouth"
Believe me, that is not always the case. I can't even do half of the things there, who be slave to which man? African men like am well well especially here in Naija...control freaks!

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Ryabcool(m): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju:

Whats a lie about this?!

I Cor. 11 – 8 “A Man is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man: for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man: and the head of Christ is God.”

Refer...

5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

"For a man ought not to have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. 8 For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; 9 for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake. 10 Therefore the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels."

3 But I want you to understand that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman, and God is the head of Christ.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body.

5 For this reason I left you in aCrete, that you would set in order what remains and bappoint celders in every city as I directed you,

6 namely, aif any man is above reproach, the bhusband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of cdissipation or drebellion.

7 For the 1aoverseer must be above reproach as bGod’s steward, not cself-willed, not quick-tempered, not daddicted to wine, not pugnacious, enot fond of sordid gain,

"But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. 13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being quite deceived, fell into transgression."

3 But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ.

Erm... DUH!!

Shey na the strong Leadership qualities of Jezebel make her go barb Samsom head from Dada to mohawk!

Summary:: The Bible has nothing to do with new millenium or Y2k compliance.. You either obey the word of God or you become an unbeliever.. You women should simply obey the bible and be submissive.. Its this type of behavior that landed Mankind in the problems we are suffering today. You women have started again. Why wouldnt you learn from your ancestors Eve & Jezebel.. angry

this guy has murdered this thread. Okija, just paste this on the post you typed u were writing a robust response... I truly am surprised a pagan is the one that perfectly answered this thread with scriptural references

1 Like

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by sallyzan(f): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
GOD's word will never fail!!!
Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by ecnuel: 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
Okija_juju:

Whats a lie about this?!

Refer...

Erm... DUH!!

The caption was even quite offensive. "TEN LIES". This suggests that the church has been telling lies and the writer is telling the truth. I do not believe in the women liberation movement. God has different roles for the man and the woman. The man should play his role, likewise the woman. There should not be any competition. Thank you for ur contribution.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by evagolden(f): 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Richy.:
I do not know what you want to achieve by this. I'm sorry to say this but I guess you are very very single.If my guess is right, try and do number 4 to a guy. and you will experience peace you have never had before.
when dry bones ar mentioned, old women flinch, how does her singlehood affect u?

4 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Ugosample(m): 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
The moment we see the opposite sex as a complement not a rival, most problems will be solved.

6 Likes

Re: Ten Lies The Church Tells Women by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2013

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Funny Stories Pastors Tell In Church / Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks / Pastor Mike David Threatens To Expose Apostle Suleiman Over Stephanie Otobo Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.