Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,088 members, 7,890,601 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:44 PM

US And UK 'crack Online Encryption' - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / US And UK 'crack Online Encryption' (612 Views)

Forget Apple Vs The Fbi: Whatsapp Just Switched On Encryption For A Billion Pple / Post Any PC Trial Version Software, Then I Will Get You The Full/crack Version / Snowden Leaks: US And UK 'crack Online Encryption' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US And UK 'crack Online Encryption' by drickheta(m): 8:46am On Sep 07, 2013
US and UK intelligence have reportedly cracked the encryption codes protecting the emails, banking and medical records of hundreds of millions of people.
Disclosures by leaker Edward Snowden allege the US National Security Agency (NSA) and the UK's GCHQ successfully decoded key online security protocols.
They suggest some internet companies provided the agencies backdoor access to their security systems.
The NSA is said to spend $250m (£160m) a year on the top-secret operation.

Re: US And UK 'crack Online Encryption' by talk2hb1(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2013
They created the back door for those companies to embed it in their algorithm, I even heard that NSA contributed code for the android OS.
I am very sure with this leakage countries like Russia, China, etc will start to create their own algorithm and not want to have anything to do with any American/UK companies again.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Fined For Buying Praises And Paying Commenters To Malign HTC / Install Your AC @affordable Price!!!! / Free MTN Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.