Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,832 members, 7,889,778 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 08:12 PM

How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? (7895 Views)

How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? / What Is A Domiciliary Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2013
I got a cheque from an international blogging site yesterday. The cheque has been issued since 23rd April, 2013 and gets delayed through postal mail; that means the cheque will become stale on October 23rd while I'm yet to open a Domiciliary Account to cash it. Enquiry from a friend confirmed that I'lll need 2 current account holders who are not Salary account holder to stand as my referees before the account can be opened. Let's assume I will do the processing latest next week Friday, can I still be able to cash this money before October 23rd? Please I need urgent answer
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2013
Yes... Get the cheque first in hand and then you can look for people that will stand as a guarantor.

wink longest time bro.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
2s£xy:
Yes... Get the cheque first in hand and then you can look for people that will stand as a guarantor.

wink longest time bro.
Abi o. Hope biz is fine I rarely comment on Binary Options thread cos of dissatisfaction with some guys' attitudes there.

As regard the cheque, I already got it. My concern is that it has been issued and sent since April 23rd, which means it will become stale on 23rd October (Six Months). I'll start processing opening the Domiciliary account on Monday and most current account holders I've been seeing are salary account holders which those banks dont accept as referees. But with faith, I believe I'll get 2 current account holders as referees latest next week Friday. Won't the cheque become stale before the whole processing on the Domiciliary account opening is completed?
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by arbitrage: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Abi o. Hope biz is fine I rarely comment on Binary Options thread cos of dissatisfaction with some guys' attitudes there.

As regard the cheque, I already got it. My concern is that it has been issued and sent since April 23rd, which means it will become stale on 23rd October (Six Months). I'll start processing opening the Domiciliary account on Monday and most current account holders I've been seeing are salary account holders which those banks dont accept as referees. But with faith, I believe I'll get 2 current account holders as referees latest next week Friday. Won't the cheque become stale before the whole processing on the Domiciliary account opening is completed?

The opening speed is dependent on confirmation of your referees by their bank. But it could be better if (1) you are opening the dom account with a bank where you have existing current account, since you must have done KYC there before. and (2) if your referees are also from same bank. In fact, the second option is like express/auto confirmation for the bank to open your dom account.

Aside that, you need not worrying if the reference confirmation delyas and and account opening passes 23rd of October because your foreign issuer can still re-issue the check again while cancelling the expired one from being cashed. I think you may need work on your postal method in that case to expedite things.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2013
arbitrage:

The opening speed is dependent on confirmation of your referees by their bank. But it could be better if (1) you are opening the dom account with a bank where you have existing current account, since you must have done KYC there before. and (2) if your referees are also from same bank. In fact, the second option is like express/auto confirmation for the bank to open your dom account.

Aside that, yo need not worrying if the reference confirmation delyas and and account opening passes 23rd of October because your foreign issuer can still re-issue the check again while cancelling the expired one from being cashed. I think you may need work on your postal method in that case to expedite things.
Thanks for this reply and that on the other thread. God bless you Sir.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Arbitrage. Can you please give me a list of banks you can recommend for the account? I'm planning to open at Enterprise Bank. My surname was wrongly written as Ognudele instead of Ogundele on the cheque; can it affect the payment?
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by ifyalways(f): 2:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dorm account with enterprise bank? I won't if I were you! GT,Diamond and Zenith are your best bet.
If you are using GT and already operate a confirmed current account with them,you only need to apply for dorm account and you'll be confirmed within 48 hours max.

To open a dorm or current account fast, make sure the referees you present are current account holders WITH same bank where you want to open the dorm account,your account would be verified in 48 hours max,but if your referees are from a different bank, your account would remain unverified for a lonnnng time.

Long story short:If you wanna use GTB, make sure your 2 referees are GTB current account holders and in 2-3 working days,your dorm account is ready
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
ifyalways: Dorm account with enterprise bank? I won't if I were you! GT,Diamond and Zenith are your best bet.
If you are using GT and already operate a confirmed current account with them,you only need to apply for dorm account and you'll be confirmed within 48 hours max.

To open a dorm or current account fast, make sure the referees you present are current account holders WITH same bank where you want to open the dorm account,your account would be verified in 48 hours max,but if your referees are from a different bank, your account would remain unverified for a lonnnng time.

Long story short:If you wanna use GTB, make sure your 2 referees are GTB current account holders and in 2-3 working days,your dorm account is ready
I tire then o. Where will I find 2 current account holders at GTB now? That's where I intend to open it initially. How can you help Sir?
Also, can the error in my surname lead to the cheque refusal? (my surname was written as Ognudele instead of Ogundele)
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 11:44am On Sep 17, 2013
@ All. Thanks all for your contributions. I have been able to open a Dom. Account at GTB and I'm banking my Fanbox cheque soonest.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
Bro, this fanbox thing is it real? I find it had to believe oh.
Optimisticgondy: @ All. Thanks all for your contributions. I have been able to open a Dom. Account at GTB and I'm banking my Fanbox cheque soonest.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by infofirst(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
ifyalways: Dorm account with enterprise bank? ....
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by infofirst(m): 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
ifyalways: Dorm account with enterprise bank? I won't if I were you! GT,Diamond and Zenith are your best bet.

Hmmm, With First Bank, you can open your dom account the same day and infact within one hour as soon as your application is complete, i did opened one with First bank recently and i got my account number less than one hour after completing my application and submitting the necessary documents. But its better u submit referees who r also first account holders or who are using the same bank as the bank u intend to open d acct
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
2s£xy:
Bro, this fanbox thing is it real? I find it had to believe oh.
Bro it is real o. I got my cheque some weeks back o. You know I wanted to use your friend's Paypal to get my money then due to delay in delay in postal service, they refused to send money to Paypal account with which one didnt register with. For now, Nigerians and some people in developing countries can only get their cashouts through cheque.
Registration is not even open to the public any longer. It's strictly by invitation through "Visa". And for now, I dont have Visa to invite anyone. Fanbox does pay and if you'll get your cheque if you use a reliable Post office address.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Registration? Me don register since na... I did exactly when you told me about it back then.

So how much are you expecting and is it the round figure from that time you notified me till now?
Optimisticgondy: Bro it is real o. I got my cheque some weeks back o. You know I wanted to use your friend's Paypal to get my money then due to delay in delay in postal service, they refused to send money to Paypal account with which one didnt register with. For now, Nigerians and some people in developing countries can only get their cashouts through cheque.
Registration is not even open to the public any longer. It's strictly by invitation through "Visa". And for now, I dont have Visa to invite anyone. Fanbox does pay and if you'll get your cheque if you use a reliable Post office address.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Domiciliary Account To Be Activated? by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
2s£xy:
Registration? Me don register since na... I did exactly when you told me about it back then.

So how much are you expecting and is it the round figure from that time you notified me till now?
You're lucky to have registered then o. But bro, your earnings depend on how hardworking you are. I think you can contact the Success Coach attaced to you, he/she will be able to put you through. However, you can earn with your blogs, photo sharing, reading, caterigorizing and rating others' posts, creating ads for your posts or others' post, investing in/boosting your posts or others' post, success coaching, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Catfish business analysis / Business Opportunity In Agency Banking / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.