Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,202 members, 7,913,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 06:24 AM

Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 (64232 Views)

Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria / Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kuyubi(m): 7:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
I have participated in international programs and am exposed to their methods.
Just to be clear I am not saying SCB is definitely doing that but this is the method used for international graduate exams.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by 2shaezik(m): 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
kuyubi: I have participated in international programs and am exposed to their methods.
Just to be clear I am not saying SCB is definitely doing that but this is the method used for international graduate exams.
got it. Tnks 4 d info.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 7:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Gassong: pls is 'application under review' the same stage as 'your application'...like many others I did my assessment over three weeks ago and it changed from under review to 'your application'.

I can't say for sure, cos mine was Application under review for a period, after which it turned Your application. I just checked today n its nw Application under review.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
kuyubi: I have participated in international programs and am exposed to their methods.

Well I won't disagree wt u, but one thing for sure, thr is no one policy guiding int'l recruitments, every organizatn hv her own policy. I just think dey take their time to recruit d best. Dey probably treat it one position after d other. While dey attend to one position, dey place d other successful candidates for other position under review. Otherwise wat do we say about those who already got rejected for same position as those who hv done personality test n probably phone interview.
Besides, u only participated as an applicant n not Hour *wink*

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kuyubi(m): 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
No disagreement here too....
Well for those who got immediate reject letters its obvious their score was too low.
Anyways, I am not their H.R. I am just applying my previous experience.
And I am not participating, just read through and offered an alternate idea.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by achmed1(m): 9:47am On Oct 14, 2013
Well I have done the personality test and am still under review for the HR program .I give up

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kaysce(m): 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2013
hallabuddy:

What you know about the program you applied for
About your course of study
Why you think your selected program of choice is right for you
If at work you have ever had to deliver a project or an assignment where accuracy was necessary and how you managed to organise the task
If you have ever worked in a team where a member wasn't forthcoming and how you tried to put things in order
If you have ever experienced an unexpected obstacle and how you overcame it particularly in a work environment
Your strengths
Any questions for us

Depending on your responses to the questions, more sub questions follow so expect a lot more than I have highlighted but they are all related to these major ones.

And my responses to the questions are irrelevant cus they expect ur answers to come from work experiences or ur program of study which you have previously filled in ur application. Just try to stick to relevant real life experiences as much as possible and it shouldn't be too difficult.
I was told the interview would be 40mins but we talked for an hour and 8mins, so minimise disturbances and charge your phone.

Goodluck mates!

hi all, I applied for the coverage and corporate finance International graduate program, i got a call Tuesday last week, after some question was told I would be called with 5days. 5days are over now and yet no call or any form of communication from them.. has anyone been in such shoes before/recently. kindly assist. 10x for the interview sample questions... i pray i get this job, God Knows its ma dream job.

2 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kaysce(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
hallabuddy: Had my phone interview on Friday 27th and got a success mail today 30th even though I was told it would take 5 days b4 getting a reply. The questions were basically as was posted earlier on this thread and I prepared well for them. The only downside was when I found out during the phone interview that the SCB IG program commences next year september...that's way too long to wait cry . Anyway still waiting on the next stage of the whole process.

Its strange that I haven't seen any other person who was successful comment here. Anyway, I wish you guys success... we need am. wink

congratulations.. did you get a call previously before you had the telephone interview?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 10:43am On Oct 17, 2013
achmed1: Well I have done the personality test and am still under review for the HR program .I give up
Please when did you apply and when did you take the personality test?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2013
Hello Peeps,
Just got a regret mail from standard chartered o. All the best for those waiting to hear from their team for the hr program!!
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
crustypearl: Hello Peeps,
Just got a regret mail from standard chartered o. All the best for those waiting to hear from their team for the hr program!!

Sorry about dat bro...pls how long did it take b4 u got dis mail, n have u done the fone interview b4 now?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by aggiel: 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2013

Me too, I've even forgotten about them until I got a regret mail dis morning, a sign of good things to come.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
David0:

Sorry about dat bro...pls how long did it take b4 u got dis mail, n have u done the fone interview b4 now?
No i hadnt done the phone interview just the online assessment test and got this mail like 5 weeks after.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by adejane(f): 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
I also got a regret mail dis morning........moving...:'''...forward....:'''''......
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 4:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
adejane: I also got a regret mail dis morning........moving...:'''...forward....:'''''......

What did u apply for pls?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by seeker88(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Finished my test n document uploads since 12th Sept, and my application has been under review since then. Finally dis morning, SCB told me they don't need me anymore....life goes on sha.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by ikenna58(m): 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
seeker88: Finished my test n document uploads since 12th Sept, and my application has been under review since then. Finally dis morning, SCB told me they don't need me anymore....life goes on sha.

no mind them jare... me i have moved on since!
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Parisfran(f): 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
An insider told me that for each advertised position, they are taking just 1 person.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by seeker88(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
ikenna58:

no mind them jare... me i have moved on since!
Thank you ma broda....
Better opportunities ahead
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
i've been scheduled for interview. Don't give up hope

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 5:39am On Oct 29, 2013
Rawdeal: i've been scheduled for interview. Don't give up hope

Wat position did u apply for?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 29, 2013
David0:

Wat position did u apply for?

HR - IGP
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
Got a call today from SC to schedule an interview with them. I applied for the Consumer Bank IGP.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Kolkleen(m): 6:33pm On Nov 02, 2013
Got a call today from SC to schedule an interview with them. I applied for the Consumer Bank IGP.

Hey bro, I also got the call to schedule the interview but I've not received any mail to that effect as stated by the guy dat called. Have you received yours?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
Kolkleen:

Hey bro, I also got the call to schedule the interview but I've not received any mail to that effect as stated by the guy dat called. Have you received yours?
pls when did u write ur personality test i also applied for consumer bank fastrack IGP
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Kolkleen(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
eliment: pls when did u write ur personality test i also applied for consumer bank fastrack IGP

Like early last month
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2013
eliment: pls when did u write ur personality test i also applied for consumer bank fastrack IGP

Dont get it twisted, consumer bank IGP is different from consumer bank fast track IGP. I guess they are done with HR IGP n now focused on Consumer bank IGP. Just be patient, wen they r done with d selection for consumer bank IGP, those dat applied for d position dat were not successful will be sent rejection mail. Then SCB will move to the next position on their list. So for consumer bank fast track, its still a long way to go.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Kolkleen(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2013

Oh and I ddnt apply to consumer bank IGP; I applied to Coverage and Corporate Finance IGP. Just scheduled my fone interview 2day for next week. Will update u guys when i'm done
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by adedavid501(m): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
after i have forgotten about standard chartered since i applied in september...i just got called to schedule phone interview...it shows there's still hope
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Yewandequeen(f): 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Pls while one is undergoin this programme is trainin salary gonna be paid?I mean like normal monthlysalary if yes aw much? Or its just a programme/trainin wif nopayment?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Luxzy(m): 10:35am On Nov 29, 2013
I just completed all the processes. Passed the telephone interview and I am in the final stage right now. But the link to the Online Case Study is invalid and I have sent them emails complaining about this. anybody having the same problem?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by hallabuddy(m): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2013
Luxzy: I just completed all the processes. Passed the telephone interview and I am in the final stage right now. But the link to the Online Case Study is invalid and I have sent them emails complaining about this. anybody having the same problem?

I had no problems with my link, but note that the case study is only one of three stages. I'm still waiting on the second stage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers / Submit Ur Cv @ Any Grooming Centre Near U. / Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.