Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,451 members, 7,974,848 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:53 AM

Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 (64348 Views)

Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria / Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by skcalbk: 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
biggerboys: Hello house,please I need an answer 2 dis question.......a friend of mine with 2.2 said he can't apply 4 dis job cuz its meant for 2.1 and above.though have uploaded my data but can't rememer seeing anytin like 2.1 & above.
Someone should help my friend out,please.....(Me na 2.1 tins)
Tanks

I know someone with 2.2 that's thru with his online assessment, now awaiting interview.....tell your friend to go apply now!
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by didicold(f): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hello
,i am having problems uploading my education history in my application, did u upload all (primary secondary and tetiary )education or just d tetiary.
Thanks
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 16, 2013
Please those that have written the test, does the test downnload in full? Such that one only needs a good internet connectivity while downloading and submitting or it downloads as the test progresses meaning one has to have a fast connection as the speed of the internet affects ones time.. Meaning one can be loogged out of the test if the connection becomes bad. I am asking because my internet connection is slow and it's the best I can find around here.. Today is my 5th day.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Tmany(m): 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
This what my test link takes me.

Page Not Found (404)

Sorry, the page you requested cannot be found in our systems.
For assistance:
• If you are a Candidate, please contact the HR department for support.

• If you are a Taleo User, please contact your internal technical support or My Oracle Support.

Anyone that got this today?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by abeyluve: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
guy na 2.1 tins. I got 2.2,passed d online test nd upload my cv but they still sent me regret mail claiming that i cant proceed with application but gave flimsy excuse that they'll get in touch when they review job preference.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by skcalbk: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
abeyluve: guy na 2.1 tins. I got 2.2,passed d online test nd upload my cv but they still sent me regret mail claiming that i cant proceed with application but gave flimsy excuse that they'll get in touch when they review job preference.

Certainly not your 2.2 disqualified you, something else would have as ppl with 2.2 are awaiting interview already
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by masagoody(m): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
smileyu: Please those that have written the test, does the test downnload in full? Such that one only needs a good internet connectivity while downloading and submitting or it downloads as the test progresses meaning one has to have a fast connection as the speed of the internet affects ones time.. Meaning one can be loogged out of the test if the connection becomes bad. I am asking because my internet connection is slow and it's the best I can find around here.. Today is my 5th day.
sorry for replying late. The test downloads in full, so once u succeed in downloading, u are good to go. And please for the time, they may tell u that u need about 30 mins, but in reality, the first part is 16mins i.e 2 mins per set (8 sets of 4questions each) and the second part is 24 mins i.e 3 mins per set. The question are tricky, so be very fast and careful. Wishing you all the best
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by GB102(m): 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
Guys is the standard chartered bank job still open? Am finding it hard to apply
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by abeyluve: 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
skcalbk:

Certainly not your 2.2 disqualified you, something else would have as ppl with 2.2 are awaiting interview already
Want to knw wat culd be 4m ur own perception. Or are u one of d 2.2 waiting 4 interview?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by jerryzy: 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
@abeyluv; ur problem cud b frm ur CV cus I ghot a regret email too n wit a 2.1 bruv so just march forward kkk
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kennytidistar(m): 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
abeyluve: Want to knw wat culd be 4m ur own perception. Or are u one of d 2.2 waiting 4 interview?

you should know this is an international recruitment they have nothing to do with your 2:1 or So, the review process required all your effort including the wonderlic test and your work experience moreover your 2:2 here might be an equivalent to UAE 2:1 it is possible When you evaluate international credentials you will understand. I think with this process Standard chartered bank had been fair enough in their recruitment techniques and the are bond to get the best man for their work. So my dear apply and pray to God this is not yahoo yahoo bank, this is a global bank and global recruitment.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by blueheffner(m): 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bro,there is no multinational company in dis country that accepts anything less than 2'1, they have various standards based on what is obtainable in different countries, so stop comparing nigeria to uae,there's no relationship,and even the standard chartered bank in question advertised an opening earlier dis year and insisted on 2'1, for the same graduate wholesale banking post,mayb they jst decided to be silent about it this time,so that theory is false I don't mean to burst anyones bubble here oo,and am not saying its impossible, buh to say the least his chances are slim,dats jst the simple truth
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by skcalbk: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
abeyluve: Want to knw wat culd be 4m ur own perception. Or are u one of d 2.2 waiting 4 interview?

Nopes refer to my earlier post above
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kennytidistar(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
blueheffner: Bro,there is no multinational company in dis country that accepts anything less than 2'1, they have various standards based on what is obtainable in different countries, so stop comparing nigeria to uae,there's no relationship,and even the standard chartered bank in question advertised an opening earlier dis year and insisted on 2'1, for the same graduate wholesale banking post,mayb they jst decided to be silent about it this time,so that theory is false I don't mean to burst anyones bubble here oo,and am not saying its impossible, buh to say the least his chances are slim,dats jst the simple truth

I disagree with you, whenever a recruitment is conducted within such may be applicable, but for an international application like this it is inapplicable, do you know you can work in Nigeria with your UAE certificate even if you are an indigence of Dubai provided you have the necessary permit to enable you work in Nigeria. So my dear friend your 2:1 is not applicable here, this is an international recruitment for Christ sake they are not recruiting only from Nigeria they have generally acceptable Standard for evaluating such credentials, the last time I applied for a recruitment in Swiss my grade was firstly converted to USA Standard before they could take decision likewise others who applied from other country. I'm not saying if individual nationals intend to recruit individual ly .e.g chevron Nigeria recruiting is different from chevron international looking for expatriate. or are you a learner?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by blueheffner(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
kennytidistar:

I disagree with you, whenever a recruitment is conducted within such may be applicable, but for an international application like this it is inapplicable, do you know you can work in Nigeria with your UAE certificate even if you are an indigence of Dubai provided you have the necessary permit to enable you work in Nigeria. So my dear friend your 2:1 is not applicable here, this is an international recruitment for Christ sake they are not recruiting only from Nigeria they have generally acceptable Standard for evaluating such credentials, the last time I applied for a recruitment in Swiss my grade was firstly converted to USA Standard before they could take decision likewise others who applied from other country. I'm not saying if individual nationals intend to recruit individual ly .e.g chevron Nigeria recruiting is different from chevron international looking for expatriate. or are you a learner?
,go back and look at the advert u applied for, u'll see 'international graduate program-Nigeria', who told u its one body handling the whole recruitment because it is international,ofcourse its their Nigerian subdivision that's handling it na,and thier recruitment. recruitments is based on the current multinational standard in the nigeria,their aim remains to fetch the best quality graduate and in this country, we pay a lot of attention to paper qualification,what abt shell's own that is ongoing.its also world wide na, it clearly states 2'1 no two ways about it, why didn't they now convert the CGPA's to spanish first? No,I think you are the learner, mayb when they want to pay you too, ur salary will be in yen or euros because its a multinational company or because an employee of thiers in anoda country is earning 10thousand dollars it also means u must also earn 10thousand dollars or the naira equivalent? ,the recruitment is based on the local recruitment standard of respective country,all other factors put into consideration,same with employment conditions and welfare packages

3 Likes

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by biggerboys(m): 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
Pls guys,don't let us fight ourselves over this issue.I asked the question cuz it wasn't stated that 2.1 or no 2.1......anyway,I did their consumer banking fast track test february this year,which I failed.but it was clearly started 2.1 & above then.
Anyway,I asked my padi 2 apply & write the test....if he pass(which I pray),we'll know wats up.

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kennytidistar(m): 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
blueheffner: ,go back and look at the advert u applied for, u'll see 'international graduate program-Nigeria', who told u its one body handling the whole recruitment because it is international,ofcourse its their Nigerian subdivision that's handling it na,and thier recruitment. recruitments is based on the current multinational standard in the nigeria,their aim remains to fetch the best quality graduate and in this country, we pay a lot of attention to paper qualification,what abt shell's own that is ongoing.its also world wide na, it clearly states 2'1 no two ways about it, why didn't they now convert the CGPA's to spanish first? No,I think you are the learner, mayb when they want to pay you too, ur salary will be in yen or euros because its a multinational company or because an employee of thiers in anoda country is earning 10thousand dollars it also means u must also earn 10thousand dollars or the naira equivalent? ,the recruitment is based on the local recruitment standard of respective country,all other factors put into consideration,same with employment conditions and welfare packages

"argument ".is in you.

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kayce19: 10:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sorry to burst you guys bubble. My brother did the test and he is awaiting interview. He had 2-2.. So what's the point. The 2-1 rule doesn't hold here. If u pass the test u will be sent personality test link after the numerical and abstract. Then if u pass that stage, u will be shortlisted for interview.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 17, 2013
kayce19: Sorry to burst you guys bubble. My brother did the test and he is awaiting interview. He had 2-2.. So what's the point. The 2-1 rule doesn't hold here. If u pass the test u will be sent personality test link after the numerical and abstract. Then if u pass that stage, u will be shortlisted for interview.

Until he gets the invite, kindly take a chill pill
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crowntoro(f): 8:56am On Sep 17, 2013
abeyluve: guy na 2.1 tins. I got 2.2,passed d online test nd upload my cv but they still sent me regret mail claiming that i cant proceed with application but gave flimsy excuse that they'll get in touch when they review job preference.
i dont think d criteria dey used is based only on 2.1 cos i had 2.1 and dey sent me a mail that my application is not successful
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kennytidistar(m): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2013
Julieccentric:

I believe he will be call provided all conditions are met, but I'm assuring you on this 2:1 is not a priority,

@ blueheffner: do you know that majorly all the expatriate in Nigeria receive the equivalent package with their peers abroad? you may wish to ask anybody working in chevron or shell not a domestic staff o, an international staff,

I have both HND and BSC, while I uploaded my cv and was filling other details, I didn't see 2:1 what I saw was range of grade like

3.5 - 4.0
2.5 - 3.45
1.5 - 2.45

for those of you who attended polytechnic like me will agree that the highest grade point is 4.0 while that of university is 5.0

When ever you intend studying abroad or apply for international vacancy it will be easy for the reviewer to take decision on your application.

please remove the insinuation and move forward with the application I saw laspotech and yabatech among the institution. the application portal is a global one and not for Nigeria alone all of you are taking the same wonderlic test worldwide, ask accenture you will know How international recruitment work and their package for expatriate.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2013
Julieccentric:

@Julie baby.....i see u oooo, u too dey here .......... cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by davide470(m): 9:08am On Sep 17, 2013
davide470:
You knw these MNC's and their CGPA policy.. They wont specify, bt if ur frnd CGPA is more than 3.0, he can give it a try and he should also itemized leadershp examples in his CV.. That would go a long way.
Read my previous post well. If u made a 2.2, delete it and put ur CGPA there, and let ur CV be about leadership and teamplaying qualities(frm sch till nysc, write everything there)..
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by primeson1(m): 9:52am On Sep 17, 2013
Tmany: This what my test link takes me.

Page Not Found (404)

Sorry, the page you requested cannot be found in our systems.
For assistance:
• If you are a Candidate, please contact the HR department for support.

• If you are a Taleo User, please contact your internal technical support or My Oracle Support.

Anyone that got this today?

I always get this too.... My 5 day interval has passed and I sent a mail to them to that effect. I was sent a reminder yesterday and I clicked the assessment page and it showed the same message.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by blueheffner(m): 11:21am On Sep 17, 2013
kennytidistar:

I believe he will be call provided all conditions are met, but I'm assuring you on this 2:1 is not a priority,

@ blueheffner: do you know that majorly all the expatriate in Nigeria receive the equivalent package with their peers abroad? you may wish to ask anybody working in chevron or shell not a domestic staff o, an international staff,

I have both HND and BSC, while I uploaded my cv and was filling other details, I didn't see 2:1 what I saw was range of grade like

3.5 - 4.0
2.5 - 3.45
1.5 - 2.45

for those of you who attended polytechnic like me will agree that the highest grade point is 4.0 while that of university is 5.0

When ever you intend studying abroad or apply for international vacancy it will be easy for the reviewer to take decision on your application.

please remove the insinuation and move forward with the application I saw laspotech and yabatech among the institution. the application portal is a global one and not for Nigeria alone all of you are taking the same wonderlic test worldwide, ask accenture you will know How international recruitment work and their package for expatriate.
oga,u are confusing international recruitment for multinational company recruitment international companies are compainies where there major workforce and operating arm is located in other countries but are recruiting in anoda country for reasons best known to them, while multinational companies are companies with subdivisions in many continents of the world, and multinational company dats asks for ur CGPA most times its jst for formalty as long as u meet the minimum criteria,2'1 they will not verify it at the end of the day only what you have on your certificate,and from my knowledge it doesn't state ur CGPA,they hardly request for transcripts,then who told ur domestic employees earn the same as their counterparts in oda countries? Go and do ur research again oo,many factors are put into consideration in determining local wages like rate of inflation,pace of economic growth and development,cost of living, amount of proffit declared in the region, tax rate and so on, and clearly this varies from country to country, and goes along way in determining the acceptable pay for different locations, I can confidently use deloitte as an example,even the accenture that u are talking about,I applied for their graduate trainee about 3 months ago and it clearly stated 2'1,so don't know where ur own theory is coming from oo
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by deturla: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
hahahahahahaha grin, i cant help but laugh, nairalanders and their arguments, pls how many of you whose applications is being placed under review has gotten any feedback from standard chartered

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2013
deturla: hahahahahahaha grin, i cant help but laugh, nairalanders and their arguments, pls how many of you whose applications is being placed under review has gotten any feedback from standard chartered

dese ppl get plenty time...i still dey under review too...lets wait small...dey'l def contact us on d way foward soon
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by deturla: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2013
ifycyril:

dese ppl get plenty time...i still dey under review too...lets wait small...dey'l def contact us on d way foward soon
\

cyril paddi.......................Hafar broa, how's d hunt going and wassup wiff d?? wink..............and all others.............i applied fr HR oo, and after writing the tests and completing the application, i just got a mail that ma application's been placed under review..lol..am waiting tho
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
crowntoro: Pls I need sumone to help me on how to about this, i tried downloading adobe flash player on my system as requested as a criteria for writing the online assessment test but after downloading, i was unable to run it on the system. Weneva i want to run it, it always bring a dialog box wt "unable to load application configuration". Pls I need help ASAP on ow to do that. Thanks for ur reply

go through internet explorer, if you dont have adobe flashplayer 11.0 version, dont go through mozilla firefox
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by ktqueeny: 2:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
Please how did u know you passed? is it when you are told to proceed to upload your CV
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2013
deturla:

What stream did u apply for....applied fr HR, wrote the tests and uploaded ma credentials...after 2days,here's the mail I got..........
Dear ***** 
Thank you taking the time to complete the online assessments and detailed application form to support your Nigeria - Human Resources International Graduate Programme application. 

Due to the high volume of interest in our graduates programmes your application remains under review, thank you for your patience.

We endeavour to contact you in the coming weeks.

Kind regards

Standard Chartered
Talent Acquisition Team

Who else in my shoes,lemme hear from you.....

please o, i got this exact mail too, i don't know what this means o.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
pistis:

@Julie baby.....i see u oooo, u too dey here .......... cheesy grin cheesy

Na so oo..they sent a rejection mail to my sis even with her 1st class, msc in finance, scholarship and bla bla upon sey she pass the test.
I heard there's a software that just scans and deletes as many application as possible..An HR personnel friend told me..SO only God know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians / Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! / Am Tired...someone Should Help Me Before I Kill Myself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.