Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,422 members, 7,932,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:44 AM

Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members (23498 Views)

#Dasukigate: Church Members Boo Falae - PerSecondNews / Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun / INEC Declares Apc’s Amosun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by luluosas(m): 1:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Never insult anyone yet ! Becos no church is perfect !

God help us
My dear, remove church from this matter please. I said that those people that beats up the government officials are rascals. Is that difficult for you to understand?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by unmask: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
datola: All these tax and regulatory authorities can be too officious. Where were they when the church was developing the place with no single government presence. Now that the place has become big they are showing up to cut their cake.

The church also should be careful because two wrongs do not make a right, and also given the admonition in the holy book: "Follow peace with all men and holiness without wich no man shall see The Lord"

It will be a scandal if evidence is shown that the Bishop is part of the assault.

give unto caesar what belongs to caesar

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by segzicres(m): 1:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
I remember a sunday in winners, oyedepo said "we the church have acquired another private jet" people were cheering. Then I asked myself, if I wanna use the plane ( since her said "we the church"wink will he let me? Convenant was started with peoples tithes and convenant contributions, the same people can't afford it today, it's the thieves that can send their children there. I just wonder the kinda message he trying to send out.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by kjbobo: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why are you always quick to defend anything wrong going on in the church No true christian would cover up wrong doing. What is wrong is wrong and should be condemned no matter whoose ox is gored.
So its in the midst of "unbelievers" you make such rebuke?
Pastor...are you studying your scriptures at all?
When the body of Christ makes a giant stride...its no news...but any negative story makes front page...better be careful not to "die" like a mere man with your "idle" words!

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by youngice(m): 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
until i am present when all these things apen i chose not to believe,all of u that are saying give unto ceasar what is due i can understand taxing of schools..............but to task a church is another matter entirely, and so what if he has 100 private jets ,if u want urs go and ask God, because my God aint poor and dont forget he is a MAN of God, as a man he s prone to mistakes but its only God that sanctifies ,so fell free to judge. One with God is majority
lipsrsealed
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Wadeoye(m): 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
ifeness:

Oyedepo is the winner not you. you pay the money,he spends the money!

They have brain but hadly use it... very intelligent comment but how do you help empty/dead brains?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by olusola200: 1:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
the so called pastor has record of beating
he need to be corrected he is not a saint or family of Jesus
to me he is a business man trying to protect his investment but he is not above the law
another rev king of ota

sorry oyedepo you a foooooooool
i dont have one single respect for you do you the yoube video showing him when he was slapping one girl
he was to court then but i dont the out come of the case .
ask questions from people oyedepo is not a true man of Go[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]d

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by emmaelectelect(m): 1:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
datola: All these tax and regulatory authorities can be too officious. Where were they when the church was developing the place with no single government presence. Now that the place has become big they are showing up to cut their cake.

The church also should be careful because two wrongs do not make a right, and also given the admonition in the holy book: "Follow peace with all men and holiness without wich no man shall see The Lord"

It will be a scandal if evidence is shown that the Bishop is part of the assault.

By the time the Church list all that should be provided if the so called tax if any should be paid this same govt. will be Hiding. I just they Observe
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by xplizit(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
Damn! Do I need a cryptographer to help make sense of this babble? cos the absence of proper punctuation, correct spellings and direction makes this no better than trash. Please, start from there!
olusola200: the so called pastor has record of beating
to me he is a business man trying to protect his investment but he is not above the law
another rev king of ota

i dont have one single respect for you do you the yoube video showing him when he was slapping one girl
ask questions from people oyedepo is not a true man of Go[/size][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]d
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by mko2005: 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
luluosas:
My dear, remove church from this matter please. I said that those people that beats up the government officials are rascals. Is that difficult for you to understand?
See below ur quote sir/ma :
''Rascals wearing the apron of righteousness. It is a pity.''
We don't know yet if there were anyform of beating or who beat who bexcos we are yet to hear from the other side ! Even if the school officials beat beat up the government officials,how do we know they are Christians ? O.k,we acn say becos they are being employed by a christian church right ? Now,if they are 'Christians',do they put on the 'apron of righteousness' like you have it up above ?
I only say we should not draw conclusion yet !

God help us
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by emmaelectelect(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
unmask: give unto caesar what belongs to caesar
Tax is two sided friend. Hope after the so-called tax if any at all is paid the state govt. will live up to its responsibility to the tax payers [Good roads, Pipe borne water, electricity, health center/hospital etc].
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Skynet247(m): 1:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
Al this individuals insulting papa oyedepo... I just have 1 quèstion 4u,, what guarantee do u have... That if u whère taken witout notice,,,, u wil mak it to heaven?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by PastorKun(m): 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2013
Skynet247: Al this individuals insulting papa oyedepo... I just have 1 quèstion 4u,, what guarantee do u have... That if u whère taken witout notice,,,, u wil mak it to heaven?

And what guarantee does Oyedepo have that he would make it to heaven

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by NextIG(m): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why are you always quick to defend anything wrong going on in the church No true christian would cover up wrong doing. What is wrong is wrong and should be condemned no matter whoose ox is gored.
And if I may ask you, where did he put a defence for the Church in his post? He said we shouldn't be quick to pass a judgement on a one sided story. Let's wait to hear from the Church side also. And when the Church eventually came up with her own side, none of you will condemn the other side. Always being happy when a matter involves the church. God will help us wooh.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Rastamann: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
234GT: If he was truly there, then Oyedepo did not lay a good example for his church members.

Religious bodies must start paying taxes.

Though he claim to be a man of God, Oyedepo is hot tempered and pompus. I think he should pray well to God to remove these negative attributes from him.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by phayvoursky(m): 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
THESE MAN SEF, YOUR OWN DON PASS BECAREFUL.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Originalsly: 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Didn't they know trying to take money out of Oyedepo pocket is looking for a fight? ....can't mess with the man's god.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by shamson: 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2013
Is not surprising at all, the orientation given to most of church gower or let me say average religion bigotry is that they can do any to serve the leader.Or can a man not do for someone who he voluntarily summit his 10% for
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by ahonzi: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
I really don't get why all these stories keep coming up,pls don't misunderstand me its news and all that trying to get people enlightened and all that too. What pisses me off is the fact that some folks here have chosen to be "DUMMIES" and "ZOMBIES" just like the Nigerian state is where someone from a section of the country holds a position and so whenever he screws up,its ok cos he's from their part of there region or whatever. Not too long ago someone made a splendid point here titled "Lies from the pulpit" or something like that. But we still don't want to learn and understand that we are all equal before God. I believe with the whole of my heart that God doesn't recognise anyone by the CHURCH he or she attends. Call your self a Deeperlifer,a Methodist, a Winner or whatever,it means absolutely NOTHING to God,all these stuffs is just an attempt to impress our fellow humans,they are all like secondary schools with different uniforms trying to outdo one another., when what God really is interested in is the state of an individuals heart. Mine is "tosher" than yours. Truth is all these folks who worship their denominations while making no attempt to know God personally will be surprised on the day of reckoning. Let them all get a LIFE,cos I don't think they have one. I expect some low lifers and some bootlickers to pastors and churches will have some crap to say,BRING IT ON. NO ONE is ABOVE the LAW - above the law of the land and definitely not above GOD

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Hearme(m): 3:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nigerians and criticism. Please bring your village pastor or Alpha out for criticism if any one will comment. Only greatness attracts such and that's why GEJ is suffering today and Sambo is exempted. Let Sambo becomes president and you will hear the history of what he did while in primary school.

As a matter of fact, u don't see any reason why you will com for tax issues or infrastructure and come with OGTV. Did they take permission to cover? Please let them go and cover Egypt, Syria or JTF if they want to prove efficient.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by lomprico(m): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
T
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by lomprico(m): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
m.k.o2005:

This is a roman catholic speaking now ! It's not a denominational thing oga !

God help us all
Christendom is under attack n instead of u to defend it, u r attacking another christian denomination and laying blames. Who told u d dude is a catholic?
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Standing5(m): 3:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
HNosegbe: All businesses conducted for profit are subject to tax under Nigerian law.

The schools run by Winners' Chapel have been set up with profit-making as an objective. ALL such businesses should be assessed and levied their due taxes.

Any thing in contravention of this is deliberate tax evasion, which is punishable in Nigerian law.

I like the man, but we must call a spade a spade.

Give unto Caesar what is due to Caesar.
Can you give us proof verifying the profit made by the school? Or you are just speculating?
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by UyiIredia(m): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
Anyhow u reason d tin. Chineke is involved.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by roselynbas(f): 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bring your scandals, state your complaints, whatever you have, bring it on, the church will continue to expand, a city without walls! Winners will continue to live the good life and all you will ever do is keep complaining and murmuring. That is what will forever be good for.You are giving Bishop David Oyedepo unpaid publicity. You have turned yourselves to His unpaid public relations officer! grin

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by adetsim(m): 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
jmoore: Where can I download the video? Thanks
The news has it that the camera was damaged and the recordind wiped off. So which video are you talking about here?
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by bejeria101(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
edoyad: . . . . .

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/07/oyedepo-watches-beating-of-ogtv-staff-by-church-members/
if una no talk abt dis man,una no go rest,end time tinz
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
No be PM news?Mtcheww
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by bejeria101(m): 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
olusola200: the so called pastor has record of beating
another rev king of ota

go and tell him to his face if you can,wetin you get for dis life,who knws you?
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by toms55(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
Well as a member of the church,i wouldn't criticize such occurence.its a well known fact Τ̅ђat cameras nd other devices are not allowed in the church premises even if u have earpiece in ur ears u'll be askd to take dem off...so prob the officials had gone there without any permission. Which would ave been so uncalled-for on their part..#just saying#
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by camilliusmupp: 4:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
I dey dia wen the tin happen... I couldn't believe my ears when the bishop was the unprintable words "if i had my gun with me, i'd have gunned all of you down" who is Amosun? I will curse his government" "president Jonathan can not close that gate".....I'm sure some people still have the video of the incident recorded on mobile phone....No be beans o, con see beatens during the incident, winners chapel pastors don turn to agberos!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by toms55(m): 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
camilliusmupp: I dey dia wen the tin happen... I couldn't believe my ears when the bishop was the unprintable words "if i had my gun with me, i'd have gunned all of you down" who is Amosun? I will curse his government" "president Jonathan can not close that gate".....I'm sure some people still have the video of the incident recorded on mobile phone....No be beans o, con see beatens during the incident, winners chapel pastors don turn to agberos!
at which entrance did Τ̅ђat happen and which service(1st,2nd or 3rd)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Nationwide Youth Rallies Picking Up Steam For Osinbajo / “Keep Spending Old Naira” – El-Rufai Tells Kaduna Residents / Omawumi Beatrice Udoh Dies In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.