Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,444 members, 7,947,815 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 09:13 AM

My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out (1949 Views)

Saraki’s Ally, Baraje Attacks APC / Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects / PDP Suspends Baraje, Oyinlola, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 08, 2013
Baraje said the government is putting his life and that of his officers to risk.

The factional National Chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Abubakar Baraje, has said that his life is in danger following what he described as the latest onslaught against officials of his faction.

In an exclusive interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Saturday, Mr. Baraje said all security personnel attached to him have been withdrawn by the government, thereby exposing him to danger.

PREMIUM TIMES had earlier reported that Mr. Baraje and the other leaders of his faction have been placed under security watch by authorities in an extensive effort to foil the group’s activities and ensure its members do not launch a parallel office.

“My life is now in danger, whatever happens to me now, people should know where it is coming from,” he said. “I’m now without security protection, and it is a move calculated to make me vulnerable to attacks.”

He also said the withdrawal of his security details was similar to how Rivers state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi’s life was endangered after the his security details were replaced without prior notice.

Mr. Baraje said the government had by its action put his life and those of his associates to great risk.
Mr. Baraje, a former acting national chairman of a united PDP, currently leads the PDP faction backed by seven state governors including Mr. Amaechi, and former Vice President Atiku Abubakar
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by josemaria03(m): 7:35am On Sep 08, 2013
Then he should get a tight security
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by 247notire(m): 8:14am On Sep 08, 2013
I think say all these men dey okombo tyt? Y him dy complain?

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 08, 2013
Why should he have security protection in the first place? In what capacity? As who or as what? Make thunder fire and destroy him aboki yansh. What an eediot.

8 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Tintinix: 8:30am On Sep 08, 2013
Did they beg you to be faction leader? I thought you were prepared to lay down your life for the good of the NEW and IMPROVED PDP. Please stop whining!

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 08, 2013
GEJ is using Federal might to weaken and fight the nPDP faction.Baraje should've forseen this and prepare against it.But low,doesn't he have personal security men?
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by jamace(m): 8:37am On Sep 08, 2013
Does it mean he can not put the lives of those endangering his life in danger too? Then he is not man enough for Nigerian politics! grin

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Toktee(m): 8:53am On Sep 08, 2013
Nothing will happen,Jonathan and his crew will regret at the end of dis drama,b4 nxt week end Jonathan with his co-travellers will know that politics in nigeria is centered around the new pdp.
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by tyson99(m): 8:58am On Sep 08, 2013
Make hin go rent hin own security too nah why shouting?

1 Like

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 08, 2013
GEJ is fighting a lost battle...

The funny thing is the reactions from his camp to the nPDP.

Whereas they broke away and should ordinarily be seen as the aggressors...they've succeeded in painting GEJ and his camp as the aggressors..

Anyone that knows how Northerners think will know the game the nPDP is playing....

3 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Freeanijoo(m): 9:18am On Sep 08, 2013
Na which kind nonsense this one dey talk # fart on the thread and run#
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by JbravoAdodger(m): 9:43am On Sep 08, 2013
What does baraje translate to in english....? Cool n*me
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 08, 2013
Baraje, ur life don "baje"... If na me be GEJ, I for use you as a scapegoat and deterrent to others

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by mafifle: 10:21am On Sep 08, 2013
YOU NEVER SEE ANY THING. NO BE ONLY YA LIFE WEY GO DE IN DANGER. YA ENTAYA GENERATOR GO DY ON FIRE.

3 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by sanandreas(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dance to the tune of the music. Jonathan get gud hrt. Just imagine say na OBJ
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by dareyking(m): 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Did i bleeping make Fp?
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
Even the fool called Baraje is the current board chairman of Nigeria Railway Corporation. The president did that to compensate the fool but obviously he is not satisfied. He wants a bigger position. The next thing is to sack him from that position.

@OP.., Baraje is not entitled to personal security in the first place. Those who give him security personnel in the first place should be sanctioned. We must insist on the RIGHT thing at all times

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by awodman: 1:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Even the fool called Baraje is the current board chairman of Nigeria Railway Corporation. The president did that to compensate the fool but obviously he is not satisfied. He wants a bigger position. The next thing is to sack him from that position.

@OP.., Baraje is not entitled to personal security in the first place. Those who give him security personnel in the first place should be sanctioned. We must insist on the RIGHT thing at all times

Serious shocked...NRC board chairman??...Pls GEJ shouldn't remove him from that position cos the guy might derial the progress been made in the railway reforms and modernization...Chineke ekwekwala ihe ojo ooocrycry
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Even the fool called Baraje is the current board chairman of Nigeria Railway Corporation. The president did that to compensate the fool but obviously he is not satisfied. He wants a bigger position. The next thing is to sack him from that position.

compensation, the hallmark of gej's appointments. Corrupt president,morally and otherwise
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by petrov10: 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Lool... The part they wail ."my life is in danger" i send u message ?
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by awodman: 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Obiagelli:
compensation, the hallmark of gej's appointments. Corrupt president,morally and otherwise
My friend go and sit down..who doesn't know board appointments are usually given to party members as a way of mkaing up for their loyalty and efforts during campaign...it didn't start with GEJ so try sometin else

2 Likes

Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by gramci: 1:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
When this is over you and other members of your gang will seek asylum
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by stebell(m): 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2013
I don't want to say dat it's a gud tin to be happening to him(Baraja) but he deserves any tin coming to him and his followers. I've watched de prime minister of Britain move around in de UK and yu don't see him moving wit more than 2 men in black. The point is yu don't really need security personally to move about in ur country.
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
awodman:
My friend go and sit down..who doesn't know board appointments are usually given to party members as a way of mkaing up for their loyalty and efforts during campaign...it didn't start with GEJ so try sometin else
no vex, PDP things. I forgot gej has to please his northern masters. Pls remember me when your loyalty gets rewarded.
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by stebell(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
I don't want to say dat it's a gud tin to be happening to him(Baraja) but he deserves any tin coming to him and his followers. I've watched de prime minister of Britain move around in de UK and yu don't see him moving wit more than 2 men in black. The point is yu don't really need security personally to move about in ur country. #GEJ 2015#
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
Crying baby.
I thought some drum beaters said that ur so called faction has d required machinery to fight d C-in-C to standstill.
#just asking#
-A Butterfly thinks itself a Bird.
#Is unfurtunate#
-Dont start a fight u can not win.
#Advice#
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by samilo88(m): 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
#singing ihe neme by 2face# them never see anything, them neva know wetin wan hit them..
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by awodman: 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Obiagelli:
no vex, PDP things. I forgot gej has to please his northern masters. Pls remember me when your loyalty gets rewarded.
My friend I said find a sit and sit down...check even the APC controlled states..who gets appointment into the state parasatals board?
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by emmalexabl(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Why is that barawo making noise nah.
What was he thinking..GEJ should give him a pat on the back or what..
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by emmalexabl(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by teskyg: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
Next,withdraw Atiku security.
Re: My Life In Danger-baraje Cries Out by naijaking1: 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
awodman:

Serious shocked...NRC board chairman??...Pls GEJ shouldn't remove him from that position cos the guy might derial the progress been made in the railway reforms and modernization...Chineke ekwekwala ihe ojo ooocrycry

NRC chairman? What are they waiting for? Withdrawing his police details is not enough, he should be removed as NRC chairman, burst his born-to-rule mentality, and then charge him for mismanaging the railway, sharp sharp !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Desperate To Bomb South-east – Igbo Leaders. / Uduaghan Disgraced As Okowa Wins Delta PDP Gov. Primary / 9 Famous Quotes Of General Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.