Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,417 members, 7,904,544 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:17 PM

Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly (9153 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Ping411: 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
The duo of Victor Moses and John Obi Mikel were missing in the Super Eagles squad that departed Calabar ahead of Tuesday’s international friendly against the Stallions of Burkina Faso.

The Eagles, who checked out of the Transcorp Hotel some minutes before noon on Sunday are expected to travel to Kaduna en-route Abuja for the friendly, which is a repeat pairing of the Africa Cup of Nations final in which the Eagles edged out their West African neighbours 1-0 to lift the continent’s top football trophy.

While no official reason was given for the absence of Mikel and Moses from the travelling roster to Kadauna, Nigerian Telegraph gathered that the two, who were outstanding in Saturday’s World Cup qualifying match where the Eagles defeated the Flames of Malawi 2-0, suffered slight knocks in the course of the game.
Over the weekend in Calabar, Mikel was voted Man of the Match and was handed a $5,000 cheque by Tom Tom, one of the sponsors of the national team, to appreciate his contribution to the victory that takes Nigeria a step closer to making it to the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

Also Moses sealed the victory for Nigeria from the penalty spot in the 51st minute to ensure Nigeria finished top of group F with 12 points but Kaduna fans will not have the privilege of seeing the two super stars in action on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, the Burkina Faso team expected in the country tomorrow, are also basking in the euphoria of making it to the final phase of the World Cup qualifiers as the Africa Cup of Nations silver medallist booked their ticket to the final round of the qualifiers following a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Gabon also this weekend.

The last time the Eagles played a match in Kaduna was the first leg of the CHAN qualifiers against Ivory Coast, in which they handsomely emerged 4-1 winners.

http://telegraphng.com/2013/09/moses-mikel-miss-burkina-faso-friendly/
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by DonColz1(m): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
How does this affect super eagles from flogging burkina faso 5-0?
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lol, cant wait to see that Bance guy
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by BabaAlabi: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
We don't need them...mukina faso is too small
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Mexyz(m): 3:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
I think mikel need to go bak to his club nd prepare well ahead of satday's match. I dnt think moses would luv to step his feets in kd,considering his past.

1 Like

Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by dedons: 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Oya BH boys do your work

kaduna is d venue and match time is 4pm

BH boys knows what to do...

There are safer places like lagos,yet greed won't allow them reason security threats

1 Like

Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Danjunior(m): 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
Na wash joooor. Wetin concern me. Frontpage tinz noni
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by homesteady(m): 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
The fear of bance is the beginning of wisdom gringrin
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ok
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
True talk
Mexyz: I think mikel need to go bak to his club nd prepare well ahead of satday's match. I dnt think moses would luv to step his feets in kd,considering his past.
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by tyson99(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
The only person i want to see him the handsome ARISTIDE BANCE! grin
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by asala1: 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: [size=20pt]Super Eagles players are absconding[/size]
Robbers are collecting
Students are gadjing
Househelps are suffering
Fashion is evolving
Oyedepo is opening
Huawei is launching
Adichie is premiering
Asari is threatning
OBJ is shunning
FFK is begging
Bianca is rejecting
Goodluck is working
Haters are beefing
PDP is splitting
Oshiomole is addressing
Nairobi Governor is slapping
Youths are stabbing
Kenya is offering
PDP Governors are relocating
Anambra NLC is fasting
Bornu is demolishing
TV presenters are wearing
Ex-Militants are declaring
Sen. Saraki is whinning
Asari is thinking
Native doctor is admitting
Lai Mohammed is condemning
Ngozi Ezeonu is slimming
Eedris Abdulkareem is insulting
Adventist Church is appealing
Nigerians are migrating
Bode George is supporting
Jos Airport is building
Oyedepo is slapping
FFK is lying
GEJ is commissioning
Rita Dominic is speaking
Principals are dying
Bankers are dressing
Genevieve is travelling
Police is sealing
Cars are melting
Pope is travelling
Crocodiles are biting
Low cost airlines are coming
Suntai is sacking
Ogbahiagbon is speaking
Funke Akindele is launching
[size=20pt]End time is approaching[/size]

last last

Baba God is watching

GEJ till '19
Seun is not smiling
Advert are scarcing

5 Likes

Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by alexarelano(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
poor Mukina2 ban me! Cos I said End time thingz! I will neva 4giv u. Dnt worry Mukina Faso will fall grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
make my comment just dey front page jare
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by ayusco85(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pls anyone knw weda there will be gate fee for the match tomorrow? A̶̲̥̅♏ in kaduna and will love to watch the match live.
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by AbuMikey(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
^^^
Stingy fellow angry
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Marvyx(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
We are in d Injury time of dis generation..peace.
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by timpaker(m): 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
huh?

PS: I came
I read and
I commented

Thanks
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by nerodenero: 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
homesteady: The fear of bance is the beginning of wisdom gringrin
His ugly and fearful face wont stop Eagles from walloping them
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by kingarizona(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
Robbers are collecting
Students are gadjing
Househelps are suffering
Fashion is evolving
Oyedepo is opening
Huawei is launching
Adichie is premiering
Asari is threatning
OBJ is shunning
FFK is begging
Bianca is rejecting
Goodluck is working
Haters are beefing
PDP is splitting
Oshiomole is addressing
Youths are stabbing
Kenya is offering
Anambra NLC is fasting
Bornu is demolishing
Sen. Saraki is whinning
Asari is thinking
Ngozi Ezeonu is slimming
Nigerians are migrating
Jos Airport is building
Oyedepo is slapping
FFK is lying
GEJ is commissioning
Rita Dominic is speaking
Principals are dying
Bankers are dressing
Genevieve is travelling
Police is sealing
Cars are melting
Pope is travelling
Crocodiles are biting
Suntai is sacking
Ogbahiagbon is speaking

last last

Baba God is watching

GEJ till '19

Eyaah.... Thank u for releasing the 1st Official album on nairaland, seun must be proud of u gringringrin
Don't blame u, I blame ASUU, see what they have caused.
... Making pple like you Jobless
Oga go get a job sire undecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by ayusco85(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
alexarelano: poor Mukina2 ban me! Cos I said End time thingz! I will neva 4giv u. Dnt worry Mukina Faso will fall grin grin

Welcome to the club. I was A̶̲̥̅ victim too. Mine expired on the 8th, 11 am for d same offence
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by SuperDan1: 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
I knew it, i just saw Mikel this morning in a hotel in VI and the guy was just feeling funky. I am sure he did not suffer any knock as reported in the news, the guy just loves flexing dats all.
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by priscaoge(f): 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
*sneaks in,reads post,comments on front page,sneaks out *
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by fremzy1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
we will miss d both of dem so much,d gate fee is free,kaduna govrn has payed

Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Samunique(m): 3:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
I love that! Caus they need to return to their various clubs so they can fight for first team's shirt, most expecially moses. This match is inconsiquential. Let him not suffer what he suffered with morinho last time we played SA.

1 Like

Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Enegod(m): 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
BabaAlabi: We don't need them...mukina faso is too small
cheesy cheesy
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by ayusco85(m): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
fremzy1: we will miss d both of dem so much,d gate fee is free,kaduna govrn has payed

How do u knw the gate is free? Was it announced over the radio or u are just guessing?
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Samunique(m): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
homesteady: The fear of bance is the beginning of wisdom gringrin
100 % agree with u, the guy face is very scary but victory is sure for the Eagles.
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mexyz: I think mikel need to go bak to his club nd prepare well ahead of satday's match. I dnt think moses would luv to step his feets in kd,considering his past.

Exactly, KD brings back bitter memories for the guy
Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by IbnTimothy: 4:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
Robbers are collecting
Students are gadjing
Househelps are suffering
Fashion is evolving
Oyedepo is opening
Huawei is launching
Adichie is premiering
Asari is threatning
OBJ is shunning
FFK is begging
Bianca is rejecting
Goodluck is working
Haters are beefing
PDP is splitting
Oshiomole is addressing
Youths are stabbing
Kenya is offering
Anambra NLC is fasting
Bornu is demolishing
Sen. Saraki is whinning
Asari is thinking
Ngozi Ezeonu is slimming
Nigerians are migrating
Jos Airport is building
Oyedepo is slapping
FFK is lying
GEJ is commissioning
Rita Dominic is speaking
Principals are dying
Bankers are dressing
Genevieve is travelling
Police is sealing
Cars are melting
Pope is travelling
Crocodiles are biting
Suntai is sacking
Ogbahiagbon is speaking

last last

Baba God is watching

GEJ till '19

This is so creative..... I just de laugh alone for office, Oyibo come de think say I de kolo

2 Likes

Re: Moses, Mikel To Miss Burkina Faso Friendly by dazzy4real(m): 4:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hmm who no like hm life is BH tinz na

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ejowvokoghene Odururu After Winning 200M At World Youth Championships In Ukraine / Iwobi Says Argentina Will Fall Again In Russia / Hindu Religion Revelation,Winners Takes Earth>>Aliens vs Earth<<

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.