Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,324 members, 7,920,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:21 PM

Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy (727 Views)

How To Keep Vagina Clean And Healthy (NHS) / “how To Sleep Well At Night!” / Pls I Need A Drug Dat Would Help Me Sleep Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by megajay1(m): 7:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
A key aspect of your body's ability to repair and restore itself is that the "reconstruction" goes on most intensely during deep sleep. It's been said that the best hours for getting that restorative sleep is between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am.

Don't try to "catch up" on your hours of lost sleep by sleeping in on Saturday morning. That just throws your body off even more and creates a vicious cycle of more sleep deprivation.

Sleep deprivation affects your memory, energy, mental focus, and emotional mood. The National Sleep Foundation has suggested that societal problems like road rage could be caused, in part, by a national epidemic of sleepiness. Additionally, symptoms of aging increase in otherwise healthy people who are getting insufficient sleep.

In 1910, the average person got 9 hours of sleep a night. By 1975, that average was down to 7 ½ hours. In 2002, the National Sleep Foundation conducted a poll that showed the average American adult now only gets about 6.9 hours of sleep a night. Many shift workers average only 5 hours a night. Research shows most adults need 7-8 hours of restful sleep each night. Many need up to 9 hours.

Follow these 7 tips to enhance your sleeping:

* Keep a schedule - go to bed and get up at the same time every day.

* Exercise - regular exercise improves sleep (just don't exercise within 5 hours of bedtime)

* Limit alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine - Alcohol is a sedative that may bring on sleep initially, but later causes sleep to be erratic. Caffeine and nicotine are stimulants and should be prevented in the hours before bedtime.

* Avoid food and drink at least 2 hours before bedtime.

* Relax - deep breathing, relaxation techniques, meditation and prayer.

* Don't use the bedroom for work, TV, or anything else that sends the message to your brain that the bedroom is for anything other than rest.

* Get up - if you can't fall asleep, it's better to get up and do something else until you get sleepy.

Sleeping is considered an inconvenience by many people. Become radical in your thinking regarding sleep. Make sleep a priority in your schedule and you'll begin to feel the difference in no time.

source: http://cliniconomy..com/2013/09/sleep-sleep-better-with-these-7-tips.html
Re: Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by switdil(f): 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Thanks op
I really appreciate this piece
But I don't sleep till lyk 2 in d mid night
Its been happening for lyk months now
Do u think its ok
Re: Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by megajay1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
switdil: Thanks op
Do u think its ok
It's not ok at all, you have programmed ur system to do so maybe years back and that's why it is affecting you nw. or anyoda reason must be causing it, but in all, try to sleep early and wen sleep dosnt show up, try to stand up and engage ur self in an activity that will make d brain work. eg reading.
sleep will definitely come. if it persists try to see d doctor.
but note: desist from sleeping pillz
Re: Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by megajay1(m): 9:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
switdil: Thanks op
Do u think its ok
It's not ok at all, you have programmed ur system to do so maybe years back and that's why it is affecting you nw. or anyoda reason must be causing it, but in all, try to sleep early and wen sleep dosnt show up, try to stand up and engage ur self in an activity that will make d brain work. eg reading.
sleep will definitely come. if it persists try to see d doctor.
but note: desist from sleeping pillz
thanks for your conpliment, for more health tips that will guide you to a health life and development, follow and also suscrube t my blog so as to recieve it.
thank u
Re: Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by switdil(f): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Tnks so much dude
U r da best
I pray d reading things work
Re: Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by megajay1(m): 4:26am On Sep 10, 2013
switdil: Tnks so much dude
U r da best
I pray d reading things work
u ar welcome
good morning, how was ur night?
Re: Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by switdil(f): 9:33am On Sep 10, 2013
Oh
It was great
Slept well
It worked cheesy cheesy
Thanks
Re: Sleep Well With This 7tips And Remain Healthy by megajay1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
cheesy
switdil: Oh
It was great
Slept well
It worked cheesy cheesy
Thanks
cheesy[quote author=switdil]Oh
cheesy cheesy

lol.....
am so happy, thank God!

(1) (Reply)

The New Std That Can Kill You – Related To MouthAction / Sonographer At Papa, Ogun State / Fear Of Ebola: Bankers In Nigeria Now Wear Gloves To Attend To Customer (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.