Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,382 members, 7,971,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 09:15 AM

ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off (836 Views)

FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / Fuel Strike: FG Now Owes Marketers N470b - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by skimarvel: 9:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Senate President David Mark and the governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam have called on religious leaders to intervene in the lingering face-off between the Federal Government and Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) which has resulted in the closure of universities nationwide.
Addressing the 2nd plenary session of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) in Otukpo, Benue State yesterday, Senator Mark said the differences between the federal government and ASUU required spiritual intervention in order to end the unending imbroglio.
David Mark lamented the plight of the students who have been kept at home and deprived of a stable school calender because of the on-going ASUU strike.
Also speaking, the Benue State governor, Suswam called for partnership between the church, government and the people in order to fast-track political development and stability in the country, urging the bishops to use the session to appeal to ASUU to shift ground as the federal government had made reasonable concessions to their demands to give peace a chance and return students to school.
In his welcome address, the President, Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama urged Christians to be loyal to biblical teachings in all their dealings and called for interior purifications among Nigerians adding that with renewed commitment to the task of teaching and sanctifying, Nigeria will overcome her travails
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by Csami(m): 3:10am On Sep 10, 2013
Now, i have never seen or heard about law makers that are as clueless and useless as the ones we have in these country. F this nation, the future was never bright.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by Tolexander: 4:29am On Sep 10, 2013
skimarvel: Senate President David Mark and the governor of Benue State, Gabriel Suswam have called on religious leaders to intervene in the lingering face-off between the Federal Government and Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) which has resulted in the closure of universities nationwide.
Addressing the 2nd plenary session of the Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria (CBCN) in Otukpo, Benue State yesterday, Senator Mark said the differences between the federal government and ASUU required spiritual intervention in order to end the unending imbroglio.
David Mark lamented the plight of the students who have been kept at home and deprived of a stable school calender because of the on-going ASUU strike.
Also speaking, the Benue State governor, Suswam called for partnership between the church, government and the people in order to fast-track political development and stability in the country, urging the bishops to use the session to appeal to ASUU to shift ground as the federal government had made reasonable concessions to their demands to give peace a chance and return students to school.
In his welcome address, the President, Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama urged Christians to be loyal to biblical teachings in all their dealings and called for interior purifications among Nigerians adding that with renewed commitment to the task of teaching and sanctifying, Nigeria will overcome her travails
source?
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 10, 2013
Which one they wan use, TB joshua or Juju. If na juju, e get one strong medicine man 4 my village wey fit turn ASUU president to slowpoke mek he quick call off d strikeundecided
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by gratiaeo(m): 7:40am On Sep 10, 2013
With this altitude 1 can only see that this country is doomed for good.
Spiritual intervention to end ASUU strike?
Which 1 will they (senators) use if they want to increase their already bogus allowance?
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by takeprofit: 7:41am On Sep 10, 2013
Csami: Now, i have never seen or heard about law makers that are as clueless and useless as the ones we have in these country. F this nation, the future was never bright.

What a comment. so david mark has also been branded clueless. and some pple wld come here and clap 4 u.

hmm. nigerian politics.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by kkkp: 7:47am On Sep 10, 2013
Baaaaaaaaaasssssssssttaaaarrrrrrrdddddsssss!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by Vanityupnvanity(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by oaroloye(m): 8:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
As a Protestant, I regard the Roman Catholic Church as a rogue Denomination.

Besides our irreconcilable Doctrinal Differences, there is the History of The Roman Catholic Church, the which most Protestants and non-Christians, and even many Roman Catholics themselves, are incredibly oblivious of. If I were to describe details, even persons inimical to the Roman Catholic Church might accuse me of lying and exaggerating.

I was brought up in England, and was taught about the many attempts of France and Spain to invade England.
Of the terrible sea battles that were fought by Sir Francis Drake, and the Duke of Wellington.

The way that this was told, I had left England for thirty years before I realized that this warfare was Religiously Motivated.

We, in Africa, were made to believe that they just didn't like each other, because of their difference in styles of preaching.

We should have been told that these CHURCHES were LITERALLY at each other's NECKS.

Their concept of Christian Brotherhood is even worse than Cain & Abel- it is more like Cain & Cain!

However, the Roman Catholic Church has not only gained the Upper Hand in their Epic Battle against Protestantism- they have also got the Lower Leg- plus everything in between the Upper Land and the Lower Leg. To use the American Slang: They have "PWNED" Protestantism.

Therefore, you do not hear Word One out of the supposed Enemies of the Roman Catholic System, telling us exactly how evil these people really are.

SEVENTY YEARS AGO, THEY TRIED TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Protestantism nearly died; today, next to nobody, except a few marginalized psycho-nutjobs like myself even REMEMBER that they did that.
Re: ASUU STRIKE:FG Seeks Spiritual Solution To End Face-off by xtianh(m): 12:28am On Oct 15, 2013
oaroloye: As a Protestant, I regard the Roman Catholic Church as a rogue Denomination.

Besides our irreconcilable Doctrinal Differences, there is the History of The Roman Catholic Church, the which most Protestants and non-Christians, and even many Roman Catholics themselves, are incredibly oblivious of. If I were to describe details, even persons inimical to the Roman Catholic Church might accuse me of lying and exaggerating.

I was brought up in England, and was taught about the many attempts of France and Spain to invade England.
Of the terrible sea battles that were fought by Sir Francis Drake, and the Duke of Wellington.

The way that this was told, I had left England for thirty years before I realized that this warfare was Religiously Motivated.

We, in Africa, were made to believe that they just didn't like each other, because of their difference in styles of preaching.

We should have been told that these CHURCHES were LITERALLY at each other's NECKS.

Their concept of Christian Brotherhood is even worse than Cain & Abel- it is more like Cain & Cain!

However, the Roman Catholic Church has not only gained the Upper Hand in their Epic Battle against Protestantism- they have also got the Lower Leg- plus everything in between the Upper Land and the Lower Leg. To use the American Slang: They have "PWNED" Protestantism.

Therefore, you do not hear Word One out of the supposed Enemies of the Roman Catholic System, telling us exactly how evil these people really are.

SEVENTY YEARS AGO, THEY TRIED TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Protestantism nearly died; today, next to nobody, except a few marginalized psycho-nutjobs like myself even REMEMBER that they did that.

hmmm. .are u sure this is where u intended posting this comment?

(1) (Reply)

Osun Polls Draw Near...what Your View Over The Election / Why Should Jonathan Not Seek 2nd Term In Office As The President Of Nigeria? / Is Dollar($.€.£) Black Market Legal Or Illegal In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.